IGNORED

Hqplayer4 Remote HQPDcontrol v4

Bushikai

@Ales ProchazkaFirst may I say that I do like your ap!  Maybe it should be a compulsory addition to HQPlayer!

Can I ask for a possible addition to your ap ?

It is great that the colours of PCM & DSD files are different.  But, would it be possible to also have different colours for the different PCM files and the different DSD files ??  Maybe a big ask  ??

We all appreciate your work.

32 minutes ago, Schafheide said:

It is great that the colours of PCM & DSD files are different.  But, would it be possible to also have different colours for the different PCM files and the different DSD files ??

Are you aware that you could use a filter for that? In upper right corner …

24101AA0-27A1-4C6C-B845-71A0163AE5DE.jpeg

there should be roughly 20 different colors … quite impossible to remember the right color/file bit depth sample rate association 

Stefano

My audio system

• 1 month later...

@Ales Prochazka

Since HQPlayer has been updated to V4.22 the earlier issue with special characters (´`& etc.) is back (see attachment).

Any chance to fix this again in HQPDcontrol?

Would be cool - many thanks in advance!

FYI: @Miska

hqpdcontrol.jpg

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

@copy_of_a Are you on a Mac and using Ventura?

Just curious because Audirvana have trouble also with users using accents letters.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

3 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

@Ales Prochazka

Since HQPlayer has been updated to V4.22 the earlier issue with special characters (´`& etc.) is back (see attachment).

Any chance to fix this again in HQPDcontrol?

Would be cool - many thanks in advance!

FYI: @Miska

I fixed a related issue one or two days after the release on macOS. If this was downloaded right after the release, please download the installation package again and update the application.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

7 hours ago, Miska said:

I fixed a related issue one or two days after the release on macOS. If this was downloaded right after the release, please download the installation package again and update the application.

thanks Miska!

Unfortunately the issue still persists with the new download.

I've discovered another issue which is related: albums with certain special characters can't be deleted from the library.

When I try to delete for instance an "Arvo Pärt" album, the column in the library will be deleted for that moment; but when I close and reopen the library, the respective album is still there. So obviously still an issue on HQPlayers side, not HQPDcontrol.

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

10 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

@copy_of_a Are you on a Mac and using Ventura?

Just curious because Audirvana have trouble also with users using accents letters.

this is unrelated. Basically HQP / HQPDcontrol can show almost all special characters, at least on Mac and iOS.

2 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

thanks Miska!

Unfortunately the issue still persists with the new download.

I've discovered another issue which is related: albums with certain special characters can't be deleted from the library.

When I try to delete for instance an "Arvo Pärt" album, the column in the library will be deleted for that moment; but when I close and reopen the library, the respective album is still there. So obviously still an issue on HQPlayers side, not HQPDcontrol.

Items are deleted based on the file system path. So if you have special characters there, it may lead to issues. Metadata is another matter and there it doesn't cause such problems.

Issue with for example ä in paths is that there are two ways to represent same character in Unicode. It has a specific character code in the character set, but in addition it can be presented with a+umlaut combination of two characters. These two don't compare the same, even though they look the same on display.

13 minutes ago, Miska said:

Items are deleted based on the file system path. So if you have special characters there, it may lead to issues. Metadata is another matter and there it doesn't cause such problems.

Issue with for example ä in paths is that there are two ways to represent same character in Unicode. It has a specific character code in the character set, but in addition it can be presented with a+umlaut combination of two characters. These two don't compare the same, even though they look the same on display.

thanks, Miska.

However, I've never experienced issues with special characters also in file paths. It first showed up in the latest release of HQPDesktop.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ales Prochazka said:

Yes. I use iPad and HQPE5.
But the spectrogram only works on PCM sources.

It works for both, but for optimization reasons you need to enable matrix processor in HQPlayer for it to appear for DSD sources as well. I didn't want to add it to the non-matrix DSP path because it would have had CPU load implications there, and I wanted to keep that path as low CPU usage as possible for less powerful hardware.

@Ales Prochazka

Hi Ales,

I had hopes the new spectrogram feature could be incorporated into HQPD Control.

Any chance you can also built in the metering? Would be super handy (and for me personally much more important than the spectrogram during playback).

Many thanks for this great remote!!

4 minutes ago, Ales Prochazka said:

Hi,

Well, it should be there...

image.png.0eb2e2510a7f4fbb1b48600cf7a0450e.png

Yes, I do see it and the spectrogram is working as supposed to.

Sorry for the confusion - I was referring to the level metering (see screenshot from Client).

metering.jpg

6 minutes ago, copy_of_a said:

Yes, I do see it and the spectrogram is working as supposed to.

Sorry for the confusion - I was referring to the level metering (see screenshot from Client).

Next step.
I wanted to release at least a spectrogram display, because someone wanted it for the sake of checking for fake HiRes recordings. The levels didn't seem that important to me.

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

8 minutes ago, Ales Prochazka said:

The levels didn't seem that important to me.

well, we could enjoy HQP and HPQDcontrol for years without any of these features :-)

So while not exactly "important" the level metering can come in handy when you use matrix processing and/or ReplayGain ("Adaptive Gain") with levels above 0dbfs.

8 minutes ago, Ales Prochazka said:

Next step.

Great!

But take your time!

@Ales Prochazka please tell me, I would like to implement several functions in HQPE, I asked Miska, he says it can be implemented using the sources for HQP Control.
1. I would like to select one of the HQPE inputs and after the next start of HQPE, so that it remains on, and not the playlist which is always by default.
2. Make sure that when HQPE shuts down, the next time it starts, it automatically starts playing the track that was played before the shutdown. At least this is the case with tracks that are on local storage, and if possible, tracks on the network (of course, if they are visible on the network when HQPE starts)

Can you tell me in which direction to at least dig, I'm a C ++ teapot, I collect as much information as possible on the possibility of implementing these tasks.

3 hours ago, Traktorist3d said:

@Ales Prochazka please tell me, I would like to implement several functions in HQPE, I asked Miska, he says it can be implemented using the sources for HQP Control.
1. I would like to select one of the HQPE inputs and after the next start of HQPE, so that it remains on, and not the playlist which is always by default.
2. Make sure that when HQPE shuts down, the next time it starts, it automatically starts playing the track that was played before the shutdown. At least this is the case with tracks that are on local storage, and if possible, tracks on the network (of course, if they are visible on the network when HQPE starts)

Can you tell me in which direction to at least dig, I'm a C ++ teapot, I collect as much information as possible on the possibility of implementing these tasks.

Client applications connect to the HQP IP address, port 4321 (default). Communication takes place via TCP socket using XML messages.

E.g.:

Request: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><GetInfo />
Response: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><GetInfo engine="5.0.1" platform="Linux" product="Signalyst HQPlayer Embedded" version="5"/>

You might be interested in the following features:

• GetInputs
  • GetTransport
  • SetTransport
  • GetState
  • GetStatus

For example, you can use Wireshark to monitor the communication between HQPlayer Client and HQPlayer Embedded. Much can be deduced from this and from the C++ source files of "HQPlayer Control".

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

18 hours ago, Ales Prochazka said:

Client applications connect to the HQP IP address, port 4321 (default). Communication takes place via TCP socket using XML messages.

E.g.:

Request: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><GetInfo />
Response: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><GetInfo engine="5.0.1" platform="Linux" product="Signalyst HQPlayer Embedded" version="5"/>

You might be interested in the following features:

• GetInputs
  • GetTransport
  • SetTransport
  • GetState
  • GetStatus

For example, you can use Wireshark to monitor the communication between HQPlayer Client and HQPlayer Embedded. Much can be deduced from this and from the C++ source files of "HQPlayer Control".

Thank you very much for the tips, it really opens your eyes.  It turns out that it will be enough to "feed" an xml file with the necessary settings over the network?

On 6/1/2023 at 12:38 PM, Miska said:

It works for both, but for optimization reasons you need to enable matrix processor in HQPlayer for it to appear for DSD sources as well.

Is it possible to enable it without parameters? 
(the question is rhetorical as i tried but it doesn't seem possible … or is there some trick?)

Stefano

My audio system