IGNORED

Hqplayer4 Remote HQPDcontrol v4

Bushikai

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks, New on the forum and have taken an interest in possibly using HQ Player in my setup.  I have HQ Player installed on a 2018 Mac Mini running Ventura.  Both my iPhone and iPad are running the latest version of IOS. I'm running the Mac Mini headless. I remote into the Mac Mini with my MacBook Air for screen sharing but I doubt it has any bearing on my issue.  I've downloaded HQ Player to trial it and have run into a couple of issues that have stumped me so far and hoping those of you more knowledgeable than me to help solve one of the issue with HQPDcontrol v4.   It worked fine for 2 days but suddenly I can't connect to HQ Player anymore.  I checked the IPA to make sure it's correct and it is.  No firewalls enabled.  The 30 minute limit makes it harder to solve.  Anyone have any suggestions? Thx 

3 hours ago, Jrod said:

Hi Folks, New on the forum and have taken an interest in possibly using HQ Player in my setup.  I have HQ Player installed on a 2018 Mac Mini running Ventura.  Both my iPhone and iPad are running the latest version of IOS. I'm running the Mac Mini headless. I remote into the Mac Mini with my MacBook Air for screen sharing but I doubt it has any bearing on my issue.  I've downloaded HQ Player to trial it and have run into a couple of issues that have stumped me so far and hoping those of you more knowledgeable than me to help solve one of the issue with HQPDcontrol v4.   It worked fine for 2 days but suddenly I can't connect to HQ Player anymore.  I checked the IPA to make sure it's correct and it is.  No firewalls enabled.  The 30 minute limit makes it harder to solve.  Anyone have any suggestions? Thx 

How many IPAs had you tried before trouble shooting?  ;-)

I wish I had some ideas of how to troubleshoot HQPDv4 but I have never once had a problem with it.

No electron left behind.

2 minutes ago, Jrod said:

AudioDoc, I have a confession to make.  It was my screwup.  I did initially  have an issue that made me check the IPA.  Because I'm doing remote desktop from my MacBook, I wound up looking at the wrong network settings, the one on my MacBook instead of my Mac mini.  I changed the IPA to the Macbook's thinking the DHCP had changed it on my Mac mini upon a lease renewal.  Then, of course, I wondered why it didn't work (dummy).  Today after posting this I checked again and realized my mistake.  After switching the IPA back to what it really is, I was able to connect and it's been working fine all evening.  Thanks anyway. 

To avoid this kind of error you can define in HQPDControl app the HQPlayer embedded address as

hqplayer.local

in this way the IPA will be on charge of your DNS which will aways give the right IPA

C28C3B41-4981-453F-BCD0-064D62A23AFE.jpeg

Stefano

My audio system

9 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

To avoid this kind of error you can define in HQPDControl app the HQPlayer embedded address as

hqplayer.local

in this way the IPA will be on charge of your DNS which will aways give the right IPA

C28C3B41-4981-453F-BCD0-064D62A23AFE.jpeg

Stefano, that's a great idea.  I didn't think of that even though the client app uses similar method for finding HD Player on the network.  Thx much 

16 hours ago, Jrod said:

AudioDoc, I have a confession to make.  It was my screwup.  I did initially  have an issue that made me check the IPA.  Because I'm doing remote desktop from my MacBook, I wound up looking at the wrong network settings, the one on my MacBook instead of my Mac mini.  I changed the IPA to the Macbook's thinking the DHCP had changed it on my Mac mini upon a lease renewal.  Then, of course, I wondered why it didn't work (dummy).  Today after posting this I checked again and realized my mistake.  After switching the IPA back to what it really is, I was able to connect and it's been working fine all evening.  Thanks anyway. 

I was just making a joke about your use of IPA for IP Address by using IPA as India Pale Ale the beer.

I am glad you figured it out.

No electron left behind.

21 minutes ago, Asimov said:

Aloha Everyone!

I am facing trouble using HQPD android app while using Qobuz. I can't navigate an album, it transfers only one track, so I can't skip to next or previous track. 
Do you know any fix? 

Hi,

HQPDcontrol does not support this type of playback.

Playback from these services is controlled by the native HQPlayer Client.
This native client is in charge of communication with the respective service and only passes one track to the server part at a time.

HQPDcontrol only communicates with the server side, so you only see one track at a time in this case.

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and Happy New Year!

I am wondering if i'm missing something eazy but all the filters/modulators are grayed out. Is this suppose to be selectable?

Screenshot_20230101_115939.jpg

Headgear: Audeze LCD-5 w/Accurate Sound Convolution Filter, Norne Drausk v2 Lite/Silver Gladiator Cable and interconnects

Source: Intel 14900K/3090, HQ Player DSD1024 separated from Puritan 156, Audioquest Carbon USB, Holo Audio Red, Holo Audio May KTE

Amp: Holo Audio Bliss KTE

Sold: Drop HD 6XX, Hypex NC400 Dual Monoblocks, Schiit Freya S, Gustard R26, Audeze LCD-i4, Ferrum Oor/Hypsos, DCA Expanse, Gustard U18, B&O Beoplay EX, Gustard X26 Pro, Headamp GS-X Mini, ifi Pro iCan Signature, Fiio M15, Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies (3rd gen.)

On 7/7/2022 at 12:59 AM, Ales Prochazka said:

The Apple Developer Program annual fee is 99 USD.

Contributions can be made to: https://paypal.me/alesprochazka

All good regarding the Apple fee for 2023?

Feel free let us know!

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using HQPDcontrol for the past year.  Thank you so much!

I've recently been using a very large playlist (300+ tracks), and I've been experiencing some issues:

1.  On my Android phone, if I'm on the Now Playing screen and swipe left to see the HQP Queue, it doesn't follow the track currently playing.  I am forced to scroll and scroll to find the track to see what's next so I can skip to a different track.

2.  If I'm scrolling through on the HQP Queue screen, the list seems to very often reload to the first track and I completely lose my place. I have to constantly scroll down to try and find where I was.  

Does HQPDcontrol not have what I think is called "follow curser mode" where the HQP Queue screen would always follow the track currently playing?  Did I miss a setting somewhere in HQP?

Thanks

1 hour ago, TJHUB said:

I've been using HQPDcontrol for the past year.  Thank you so much!

I've recently been using a very large playlist (300+ tracks), and I've been experiencing some issues:

1.  On my Android phone, if I'm on the Now Playing screen and swipe left to see the HQP Queue, it doesn't follow the track currently playing.  I am forced to scroll and scroll to find the track to see what's next so I can skip to a different track.

2.  If I'm scrolling through on the HQP Queue screen, the list seems to very often reload to the first track and I completely lose my place. I have to constantly scroll down to try and find where I was.  

Does HQPDcontrol not have what I think is called "follow curser mode" where the HQP Queue screen would always follow the track currently playing?  Did I miss a setting somewhere in HQP?

Thanks

I'll see what I can do to improve it.

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

• 4 weeks later...

@Ales Prochazka what a great remote you have made! Perfect for me now with the last update with keeping cache option for covers after adding new albums !!! 

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

On 2/28/2023 at 4:40 PM, Ales Prochazka said:

Previously, the image resolution was left at the original size. This caused problems in some cases with scrolling between "Now Playing" and "Queue". Theoretically, an album image in the library can be any size and can cause problems for a mobile device with crappy hardware.

I can add a setting option to the next version:

1. Keep the original size
  2. Shrink to the specified size

@Ales ProchazkaI forgot to tell you that I use HQPD with iOS. Sorry.