IGNORED

Hqplayer4 Remote HQPDcontrol v4

Bushikai

• 3 months later...

HQPDcontrol V4 works globally fine on my iPad or iPhone

I run HQP desktop 4 on a mac mini.

all my IOS ans app's are up-to-date 

I just have a few albums that don't start playing when I click on "play album transport"
I looked at the TAGS side, everything seems correct
any idea?
Another purely aesthetic little thing: in the screenshots, on the Apple Store, we see the title of the albums in yellow, they are in light gray on my iPad & iPhone, like the artist.
I thought it was good to have a different color between the name of the album and that of the artist!
thank you

1 hour ago, Lio_B said:

I found the problem 

some album had « .aif » instead of « .aiff » (due to XLD conversion)

I renamed all files and it’s OK now

I have just downloaded HQPD so not that far in, but that seems like something that’s a bug.  Shouldn’t matter as they show in HQP and Client.  @Ales Prochazka Any insight into this?  Thanks!

you have synchronized the library on the app ?

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

4 hours ago, Solstice380 said:

I have just downloaded HQPD so not that far in, but that seems like something that’s a bug.  Shouldn’t matter as they show in HQP and Client.  @Ales Prochazka Any insight into this?  Thanks!

The program looks at the file extension to know what type of transport HQPlayer should use when playing in album transport mode.
'aif' is an unknown suffix and 'aiff' is a known suffix.

I guess it can be solved better, but at the moment it works like this.

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

4 hours ago, Ales Prochazka said:

The program looks at the file extension to know what type of transport HQPlayer should use when playing in album transport mode.
'aif' is an unknown suffix and 'aiff' is a known suffix.

I guess it can be solved better, but at the moment it works like this.

Is there any way you can add .aif?  HQP plays both, and they are both accepted standards.  Some programs, like XLD, rip to aif.  

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

How do I clear old server settings? I've removed and reinstalled and rebooted.

I'm running current iOS, 4.22.3 HQPeOS. HQPDcontrol v4 doesn't discover the current address and manually adding the new doesn't resolve it either.

Much appreciated

When you flash HQPlayer OS, you get clean starting point every time. Only once you change settings or restore settings backup you are bringing back old settings.

If discovery and plain IP address (confirmed with HQPlayer Client or from HQPlayer OS console) doesn't work, then there's some more serious network issue.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I have no problems getting to the web interface, nor does HQPe have any trouble finding NAA including different NAA machines booted from the same USB drive. It's a completely flat network of 16 ports.

The problem only exists with HQPDControl v4 iOS app.

After removing and reinstalling a couple more times the client has forgotten the previous IP but still won't autodiscover. Network is completely flat.

I've entered the IP of HQPe manually and on the playback screen it shows Roon is supplying the data, shows the incoming bitrate and upsample rate plus details but no cover art and I can't seem to find anywhere to change settings like invert phase or change filter or noise shaper, etc. Volume works but that's it.

Please advise

IMG_1660.thumb.PNG.e6d18e5439ade46726d744874e9b16e6.PNG

51 minutes ago, lpost said:

After removing and reinstalling a couple more times the client has forgotten the previous IP but still won't autodiscover. Network is completely flat.

I've entered the IP of HQPe manually and on the playback screen it shows Roon is supplying the data, shows the incoming bitrate and upsample rate plus details but no cover art and I can't seem to find anywhere to change settings like invert phase or change filter or noise shaper, etc. Volume works but that's it.

Please advise

Hi,

The filter settings:

https://prochazkaa.cz/pub/Qemu_2021.03.03-01.28.55.02.mp4

19 hours ago, lpost said:

Roon doesn't provide any cover art for HQPlayer, so that is normal.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 2 months later...

On the ios and android conversions of v4, I can't seem to get anything to play. I can select an album and the choices are there, add, add and play, add replace and play etc. but nothing ever makes it to the player despite getting a response that this has happened after my selection. If i start playback on the desktop with hq player, it fills in the remote correctly with the queue and I can control playback. I can't successfully add anything to the queue though. Do I need to have hqplayer client running as well?

Hi @Ales Prochazka

I've run into an issue where certain albums, when I select "Add album" or "Add album and replace" will correctly add the playlist to HQP, but will disappear from the app. Here's an example. First here's an example that worked. Here is the view in the app:

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 3.15.52 PM.jpeg

and here it is on HQP:

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 3.17.02 PM.png

Here is the "bad" case:

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 11.29.15 AM.png

because it shows up as blank on the app:

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 11.30.10 AM.jpeg

I'm trying to figure out what is so special about this album, but have not been able to. Have you seen this before, and could you tell me if there is something I can do to address? I'll be happy to upload the album to you for testing, if you want.

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Hi @Ales Prochazka

I've run into an issue where certain albums, when I select "Add album" or "Add album and replace" will correctly add the playlist to HQP, but will disappear from the app. Here's an example. First here's an example that worked. Here is the view in the app:

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 3.15.52 PM.jpeg

and here it is on HQP:

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 3.17.02 PM.png

Here is the "bad" case:

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 11.29.15 AM.png

because it shows up as blank on the app:

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 11.30.10 AM.jpeg

I'm trying to figure out what is so special about this album, but have not been able to. Have you seen this before, and could you tell me if there is something I can do to address? I'll be happy to upload the album to you for testing, if you want.

Thanks!

Yes, please upload.

@Ales Prochazka quickly found the root cause: the problem albums had ARTIST tags that contained CRLF characters. Removing and rescanning did indeed fix the issue. Thanks Ales!

However, because these "new line" characters are not visible in my tag editor, MP3tag, it's hard to detect. Does anyone have any suggestions as to ways to scan files to locate and remove these characters? I've noticed that this kind of scheme for ARTIST is not uncommon, and the line breaks are what was causing the problem. Here's another example I just unearthed:

Antoni Wit, Conductor
Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra, Orchestra
Zofia Kilanowicz, Artist, MainArtist
Henryk Mikołaj Górecki, Composer

• 2 weeks later...

Removed old version of HQPlayer 4 remote HQPDcontrol v4 on IOS.Autodiscovery doesn't work says not implemented.Manually enter ip adress works.Under albums how do i get to group by artist.No matter what setting I try it is by album name ?