IGNORED

Hqplayer4 Remote HQPDcontrol v4

Bushikai

+1 on date added to the library

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

+4 ...

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Another problem, if in my library I have the names of artists and albums including alphanumeric letters with accents, acute, grave, circumflex....these albums have not been read with HQPDControl or HQP Client.
In the Dir column these letters with accents appear with a question mark.
So I renamed these files by removing these accents and everything works fine.
But I find that this is not very normal because there are many names with accents in the languages of different countriesand name of artists....

57 minutes ago, Jammy said:

Another problem, if in my library I have the names of artists and albums including alphanumeric letters with accents, acute, grave, circumflex....these albums have not been read with HQPDControl or HQP Client.
But I find that this is not very normal because there are many names with accents in the languages of different countriesand name of artists....

If these albums are not displayed by the HQP client, it is likely that the problem is already on the HQPlayer side. Either it has not scanned them or they are not returned by the appropriate API functions.

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

1 hour ago, Jammy said:

4 minutes ago, Ales Prochazka said:

If these albums are not displayed by the HQP client, it is likely that the problem is already on the HQPlayer side. Either it has not scanned them or they are not returned by the appropriate API functions.

I experienced the same some time ago but it has been fixed quickly by Ales.

So make sure you are using the latest version of HQPDcontrol and HQP Player.

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

56 minutes ago, Ales Prochazka said:

Yes these albums are displayed (cover art) by HQP Client but they dont play when I click on....

And without the accent they play!

E.g. try with albums from Michael Bublé (with accent on "e" )

3 hours ago, Jammy said:

You mean on file names? Which OS are you running HQPlayer server on?

I have some albums with Japanese and Cyrillic characters in file names and metadata and these play fine:

1855422678_Screenshotfrom2022-02-0617-30-14.thumb.png.5ae78ba5f0c33c1f7cba28b791a34354.png

1 hour ago, Jammy said:

E.g. try with albums from Michael Bublé (with accent on "e" )

One problems with such is sometimes unicode normalization. There are at least two character points for the same displayed  'é'. One is single code point for 'é' another is 'e' + '`' code combination. These look the same on screen, but are different from data point of view and thus don't necessarily compare equal (depending on normalization).

This doesn't matter for metadata, but it matters for file names. Especially when filenames are converted and transferred between systems.

Unfortunately, as usual, Windows does things differently than everybody else. They use UTF-16 (UCS-2 LE) encoding for file names. While Linux and macOS use UTF-8 which is also what Internet and HQPlayer uses natively. So what ever Windows file system presents gets converted to UTF-8 and then back.

HQPlayer uses Windows API calls for these conversions. But I can imagine above accent things can get tricky in some cases on those conversions.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

28 minutes ago, Miska said:

You mean on file names? Which OS are you running HQPlayer server on?

Yes only on file names.

I use HQPlayer embedded with your OS, install on USB stick.

And when I add an album it's with W10 on an SSD external hard drive

2 hours ago, Miska said:

For this, please make sure you are using the "x64amd" image! It has newer NTFS driver. This sounds like some glitch in how the UTF-16 <-> UTF-8 translation is going. Please also check what kind of error is shown in HQPlayer log.

It is the last release "x64amd"

the log:

+ 2022/02/06 21:46:21 Control connection from 192.168.1.13:54955
+ 2022/02/06 21:46:21 Control started from 192.168.1.13:54955
& 2022/02/06 21:46:49 Set transport (240): /run/media/sda1/Copy CD/Pop Rock/Michael Bubl� - Totally Bubl� (2020) FLAC
& 2022/02/06 21:46:49 Set transport (2): /run/media/sda1/Copy CD/Pop Rock/Michael Bubl� - Totally Bubl� (2020) FLAC
# 2022/02/06 21:46:49 clReadFLAC::Open(): clDirEntry::ReadDir(): opendir(): No such file or directory
& 2022/02/06 21:46:49 Set transport (4): /run/media/sda1/Copy CD/Pop Rock/Michael Bubl� - Totally Bubl� (2020) FLAC
# 2022/02/06 21:46:49 clReadWAV::Open(): clDirEntry::ReadDir(): opendir(): No such file or directory
18 minutes ago, Jammy said:

It is the last release "x64amd"

the log:

+ 2022/02/06 21:46:21 Control connection from 192.168.1.13:54955
+ 2022/02/06 21:46:21 Control started from 192.168.1.13:54955
& 2022/02/06 21:46:49 Set transport (240): /run/media/sda1/Copy CD/Pop Rock/Michael Bubl� - Totally Bubl� (2020) FLAC
& 2022/02/06 21:46:49 Set transport (2): /run/media/sda1/Copy CD/Pop Rock/Michael Bubl� - Totally Bubl� (2020) FLAC
# 2022/02/06 21:46:49 clReadFLAC::Open(): clDirEntry::ReadDir(): opendir(): No such file or directory
& 2022/02/06 21:46:49 Set transport (4): /run/media/sda1/Copy CD/Pop Rock/Michael Bubl� - Totally Bubl� (2020) FLAC
# 2022/02/06 21:46:49 clReadWAV::Open(): clDirEntry::ReadDir(): opendir(): No such file or directory

OK, there still seem to be some issues with the newer NTFS driver. You could try if exFAT / FAT32 behaves better, although these don't really support unicode file names. You could also try SMB share from Windows if it works better.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, patatras said:

Hi

I am using HQPlayer desktop with fedora 35. I Use also  HQPDcontrol under android and with the 4.17 version of HQPlayer the application see HQPlayer, but no synchronization of the library and no active command.

When I return to 4.16 all is ok.

Thanks for your help.

Pierre

Hi,

I tried version 4.17 (Windows) and it works.
Did you check if 'control from network' is active after installing version 4.17?

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

4 hours ago, patatras said:

I am under fedora, not Windows.

Yes, control from network is active.

4.16 is ok, 4.17 does'nt work.

I run 4.17 under Ubuntu, and the HQPD app on iOS. It works fine. Did you verify that network control is on? Occasionally after a reboot or install of a new version it goes off and I have to turn it on again. Also, sometimes some message that pops up on the ubuntu desktop prevents anything else from working until it is addressed.

No electron left behind.

On 2/23/2022 at 1:22 PM, patatras said:

I am using HQPlayer desktop with fedora 35. I Use also  HQPDcontrol under android and with the 4.17 version of HQPlayer the application see HQPlayer, but no synchronization of the library and no active command.

When I return to 4.16 all is ok.

Check if there's an error message on HQPlayer status bar. If HQPlayer cannot reach internet, operation is restricted until it can.

1 hour ago, patatras said:

Is it new with 4.17 ?

It has been the case for a long time, but starting from 4.16.2 HQPlayer is more pedantic about it.

I avoid connecting my system to internet...

Why?

No solution ?

At the moment you don't need internet connection if you just play local files and don't use any network functionality. This may change in future releases though.