IGNORED

Hqplayer4 Remote HQPDcontrol v4

Bushikai

Hello,

Since they were updates recently, i lost my cache albums art...

whenever i open the app the next morning no cache album art are there, they have to load all again.

i deleted my cache on the remote scroll all my albums to make the cache, but next morning, all gone.

iOS 16.5, iPhone 13.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

4 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Hello,

Since they were updates recently, i lost my cache albums art...

whenever i open the app the next morning no cache album art are there, they have to load all again.

i deleted my cache on the remote scroll all my albums to make the cache, but next morning, all gone.

iOS 16.5, iPhone 13.

Strange. On my iPad 12 Pro with iOS 16.5 everything works.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

@Ales Prochazka thank you for checking...

i trashed the remote app... shut down my iphone 13...

reopen iPhone, downloaded again the remote app, give it my ip, syncing library...

told it to clear cache albums to start new... seen each of my albums to the end... all were there...

gone to the shower, left the app open while i'm charging my iPhone, came back 20 mins after, cached covers was gone?? 😒

This is my prefered preferences about your remote like none others i can see my albums cover library when i'm out of my house... not anymore, arf!

i'd like to see that somewhere on my iPhone that you take some place for cached art...

don't be shy take 500mb or more to store those covers :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

8 minutes ago, dericchan1 said:

@Ales Prochazka First of all, a big thank you for your development on this great IOS app.

I always wonder under "Settings", what does "Autodiscovery of HQPlayer" do? 

Everytime I clicked on it, it shows at the bottom of the screen "Not Implemented"

Deric

On Android, this feature tries to find a running instance of HQPlayer Desktop/Embedded on the network. On iOS it's more problematic, so I haven't implemented it yet, but I haven't hidden the menu item.

On 6/4/2023 at 9:02 PM, Ales Prochazka said:

7.0.3-532 ==> Spectrogram - Level indicators

The remote works like a charm on my iPhone 12 in conjunction with HQPlayer on a Mac and the latest addition of the level indicators is much appreciated! Many thanks for that!

I like the on/off checkbox for the level indicator! Could this maybe also be implemented for the spectrogram? Swichting off the spectrogram while the level indicators still beeing displayed could save "bandwidth" when you only want to transmit the levels.

So actually a levels solo mode.

@Miska

Is the Peak Metering True Peak or Digital Peak?

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

18 minutes ago, copy_of_a said:

The remote works like a charm on my iPhone 12 in conjunction with HQPlayer on a Mac and the latest addition of the level indicators is much appreciated! Many thanks for that!

I like the on/off checkbox for the level indicator! Could this maybe also be implemented for the spectrogram? Swichting off the spectrogram while the level indicators still beeing displayed could save "bandwidth" when you only want to transmit the levels.

So actually a levels solo mode.

The amount of data transferred remains the same. However, turning off the spectrogram graph display can probably save power consumption, as redrawing the screen will not be as demanding.

On 6/3/2023 at 6:10 AM, Ales Prochazka said:

Client applications connect to the HQP IP address, port 4321 (default). Communication takes place via TCP socket using XML messages.

E.g.:

Request: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><GetInfo />
Response: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><GetInfo engine="5.0.1" platform="Linux" product="Signalyst HQPlayer Embedded" version="5"/>

You might be interested in the following features:

• GetInputs
  • GetTransport
  • SetTransport
  • GetState
  • GetStatus

For example, you can use Wireshark to monitor the communication between HQPlayer Client and HQPlayer Embedded. Much can be deduced from this and from the C++ source files of "HQPlayer Control".

@Ales Prochazka 

I started to see commands for exchanging data between HQP Control and HQPE using WiCap. Please tell me, what is the easiest way to send these commands without the HQPControl itself? Or will I still have to write the program from source?

Perhaps you can send commands through the console or browser? Or place a file with the desired command on the HQPE itself and so that it is read when loading?

I also found that HQPControl v5 does not have the input toggle feature. And in v4 is where you can find the source codes from v4?

Sorry for your stupid questions. It is very necessary to implement the required default input at startup, but there are few skills.

10 hours ago, Traktorist3d said:

@Ales Prochazka 

I started to see commands for exchanging data between HQP Control and HQPE using WiCap. Please tell me, what is the easiest way to send these commands without the HQPControl itself? Or will I still have to write the program from source?

Perhaps you can send commands through the console or browser? Or place a file with the desired command on the HQPE itself and so that it is read when loading?

I also found that HQPControl v5 does not have the input toggle feature. And in v4 is where you can find the source codes from v4?

Sorry for your stupid questions. It is very necessary to implement the required default input at startup, but there are few skills.

I'm afraid I can't be of much help in solving your case.

The communication API is visible in the HQPlayer Control source files. 

I think the compiled version of this program is only available as part of the HQPlayer Desktop installation package.

The control of the HQP inputs can be traced back to the communication of the HQPlayer Client (part of the HQPlayer Desktop installation package) with HQPlayer Desktop/Embedded.

Either what HQPlayer Control does will be enough to solve your problem, or you will have to write your own program using the HQPlayer API.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just reinstalled Ventura on my Mac Mini.

I then installed HQPlayer Desktop v5 - it works perfectly as does Client.

But when I try to sync the Library from the latest HQPDControl on my iPad iOS 16.5 it fails.

I have checked the Network address.

There is a brief orange message which flashes up on the bottom of the screen, but it disappears before I can read it.

My other Mac Mini works fine with HQPDControl.

What have I missed?

The problem might be at the HQPlayer end, because -

1. In the working system, when I select Client, I can see the Mini & Local Host (my files are on an NAS, so I select Local Host).

2. But on the problem system, Client does not show the Mini, only Local Host (but I can select Local Host, & play any album, using Client).

I added a Desktop 5 installation to, and set up its library on, a NUC running Windows 11.  I previously used Desktop 5 on a Dell desktop PC also running Windows 11.  I am unaware of anything in Windows that compares to the “incoming connections” setting on a Mac that is discussed in the posts right above this one.

The new installation works without issue with a keyboard and mouse, but HQPD Control on my iPad and Android phone can’t find it at all.  

I never had a problem with autodiscovery of Desktop on the Dell and Embedded OS on the NUC, or with connection to and syncing with either on the iPad if I inserted the IP address in HQPD Control settings.  Now, autodiscovery says “Not found” after a search.  Inserting the IP address in Settings results in an error message about a socket exception if I try to sync the library.  

Both the NUC and Dell are connected via copper Ethernet cable to the same router, so I can’t imagine that the network landscape differs between them.  I don’t think I changed any of the Windows network settings on either the Dell or the NUC.

FWIW, Audirvāna’s and JRiver’s remote apps have no trouble finding their players on the NUC.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

13 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

I added a Desktop 5 installation to, and set up its library on, a NUC running Windows 11.  I previously used Desktop 5 on a Dell desktop PC also running Windows 11.  I am unaware of anything in Windows that compares to the “incoming connections” setting on a Mac that is discussed in the posts right above this one.

The new installation works without issue with a keyboard and mouse, but HQPD Control on my iPad and Android phone can’t find it at all.  

I never had a problem with autodiscovery of Desktop on the Dell and Embedded OS on the NUC, or with connection to and syncing with either on the iPad if I inserted the IP address in HQPD Control settings.  Now, autodiscovery says “Not found” after a search.  Inserting the IP address in Settings results in an error message about a socket exception if I try to sync the library.  

Both the NUC and Dell are connected via copper Ethernet cable to the same router, so I can’t imagine that the network landscape differs between them.  I don’t think I changed any of the Windows network settings on either the Dell or the NUC.

FWIW, Audirvāna’s and JRiver’s remote apps have no trouble finding their players on the NUC.

Okay, I am an idiot. I forgot to engage the "allow network control button." When I did so, as Jussi reminded me in an email, that solved my problem. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

13 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

If you have Windows Firewall (or some other firewall product) active, it has similar setting as macOS.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Is there a way to use HQPD Control to shuffle a playlist during playback?

• 1 month later...

would it be possible to add a function to HQPDControl to duplicate the "Import Settings" from the HQP menus?  This would allow (say) switching the HQP endpoint from one room to another without having to go to the machine HQP desktop  is running on.

Many thanks

Alan

3 hours ago, the_bat said:

would it be possible to add a function to HQPDControl to duplicate the "Import Settings" from the HQP menus?  This would allow (say) switching the HQP endpoint from one room to another without having to go to the machine HQP desktop  is running on.

Many thanks

Alan

It is an extra step to do this, so probably not what you are after and it probably already has occurred to you, but I simulate that on my iPad and Android phone by using a remote desktop app to access the computer on which HQPlayer resides. (Splashtop Streamer is the one I like best, but there are several others good ones available at nominal cost.)  Then, I control playback, as usual, with HQPD Control v4.

Thanks Mike.  I'd tried previously with a different remote desktop product which was unusably fiddly using an iPad to access an iMac.  Splashtop seems much more usable - still a bit of a faff but at least workable.

Being able to do it from within HQPDControl would be better still of course  😀