IGNORED

TUREMETAL Case for Dual CPU. EOI

The Xeon 4210 is an 85W TDP so two of them seem fine..  Now from my experience with a 65W TDP Xeon in my current system running Euphony things stay very safe all year long. IF I am going to Windows we may have some differences.

The Wish List is right in line with what I want.  My plan is for three PCIe cards. Network, USB, Optane PCIe.

Looks like there might be enough space in there for two LPS's to run the JCAT cards??

Is anyone putting music storage in their system?  How?  @Nenon I forgot to ask you that before??

17 minutes ago, bobfa said:

Is anyone putting music storage in their system?  How?  @Nenon I forgot to ask you that before??

My Euphony / Stylus system is built around NAS storage and with my optimized network and running Euphony in ramroot and buffering each track in RAM before playing, it actually sounds better than local storage.

My Windows / Roon system does NOT sound as good playing from NAS as it does with local storage. That's because both Roon and Windows perform a lot of I/O activity while playing - network and OS activity. If full height PCIe cards are supported, the ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 with some M.2 NVME cards in it would be a good option for local storage. It's a better option than the M.2 slot on the Asus Sage motherboard.

Industry disclosure: 

Dealer for: Taiko Audio, Aries Cerat, Audio Mirror, Sean Jacobs

https://chicagohifi.com 

@gerardiw Welcome to the group & the Audiophilestyle.

Here is the latest list,

Here is the list for now.

1.    @zerung

2.    @dminches

3.    @shahed99

4.    @ASRMichael

5.    @gerardiw

6.5  @Nsxturbo

7.5  @adamaley

8.5  @bobfa

9.5  @Nenon

10.5 ?

Possible Wish List.

Capture.JPG

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

If we rotate the location of the LPS | DC/DC, the wire management may be better, excepting the crossover between one of the cooling pipes and the power supply cables below. Of course this is based on the Asus Mobo. It will vary for other motherboard.

Arguably this is a better disposition of various parts? The clarity of zones for PCI | RAM | etc is apparent.

IMG_4397.JPG

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

You would probably need a cooling riser so the pipes would clear the ATX connector.  Frankly, I think the risers are better anyway since they increase the surface area and provide for more cooling.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

14 minutes ago, zerung said:

If we rotate the location of the LPS | DC/DC, the wire management may be better, excepting the crossover between one of the cooling pipes and the power supply cables below. Of course this is based on the Asus Mobo. It will vary for other motherboard.

Arguably this is a better disposition of various parts? The clarity of zones for PCI | RAM | etc is apparent.

IMG_4397.JPG

Looks to make the case narrower and I like that.  But all the heat is on one side?

What attracted me to the Turemetal case was its novel idea of a third heatsink at right angles to the case heatsinks.  In Zerung's latest sketch, this could be placed between the MOBO and PSU.  The benefit of this heatsink is for MOBOs such as the Supermicro X11s where the CPU aligns parallel to the case heatsinks.  The Turemetal idea of linking the heatsinks is also made easier by having the third heatsink.

Martin.

8 hours ago, dminches said:

You would probably need a cooling riser so the pipes would clear the ATX connector.  Frankly, I think the risers are better anyway since they increase the surface area and provide for more cooling.

@dminches I think so. Unless the heatsink is very high and clears the top of the ATX connector.

8 hours ago, bobfa said:

Looks to make the case narrower and I like that.  But all the heat is on one side?

@bobfa Yes that is true. I was looking at the Taiko Extreme and thought it may be the way. At least one of the way, arguable more zen in its approach?

What do you think?

6 hours ago, Nenon said:

We need to utilize the heatsinks on both sides. The latest drawing suggests that only one side is used.

I would suggest we install the HDplex 800W DC-ATX standing on the back of the 10mm from panel instead of laying on the bottom plate. This way the case does not have to be so deep. All cables can be run on side like on the HDPlex case. This will ensure shorter cable runs too. 

@NenonThat sound good. With the higher case height due to the full PCI card, this will be easily possible with enough space for the cable turns etc.

3 hours ago, Hauser said:

What attracted me to the Turemetal case was its novel idea of a third heatsink at right angles to the case heatsinks.  In Zerung's latest sketch, this could be placed between the MOBO and PSU.  The benefit of this heatsink is for MOBOs such as the Supermicro X11s where the CPU aligns parallel to the case heatsinks.  The Turemetal idea of linking the heatsinks is also made easier by having the third heatsink.

Martin.

@Hauser Your are right. The third sink is a potential which allows Turemetal users to undertake CUDA offload.I wonder if this should be in our radar?

Here is the list for now.

1.    @zerung

2.    @dminches

3.    @shahed99

4.    @ASRMichael

5.    @gerardiw

6.5  @Nsxturbo

7.5  @adamaley

8.5  @Nenon

9.5   ?

10.5 ?

Possible Wish List.

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, zerung said:

@bobfa Yes that is true. I was looking at the Taiko Extreme and thought it may be the way. At least one of the way, arguable more zen in its approach?

What do you think?

Taiko got away with using just one heatsink because its a custom copper one.  The one one the other side of the case matches but is Aluminium.

Martin

I have experimented with and without a thermal riser and with a thermal riser, the temps are couple degrees, like 2-4 degrees, lower. Not much but every little contributes.

https://streacom.com/products/ht4-thermal-riser/

The other advantage of a riser is there are many motherboards (like Supermicro X11) that have RAM slots running perpendicular under the heat pipes. Clearance will be an issue without proper height. The higher the pipe sits above the motherboard, the better.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

I have experimented with and without a thermal riser and with a thermal riser, the temps are couple degrees, like 2-4 degrees, lower. Not much but every little contributes.

https://streacom.com/products/ht4-thermal-riser/

The other advantage of a riser is there are many motherboards (like Supermicro X11) that have RAM slots running perpendicular under the heat pipes. Clearance will be an issue without proper height. The higher the pipe sits above the motherboard, the better.

I agree @Dev. We need to have a higher sink. Also the option of sending the pipes to the opposite direction is indeed important and offers the adaptability of the expensive case.

1 hour ago, Hauser said:

Taiko got away with using just one heatsink because its a custom copper one.  The one one the other side of the case matches but is Aluminium.

@Hauser You are right. Which is not within our 'Mortal' design aspirations.

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Without it, I'm uninterested. 

@The Computer Audiophile 100% on board. Why chop off this when this is possible....

Great discussion folks. Please keep it coming, like no tomorrow!

Here is the UPDATED list.

1.    @zerung

2.    @dminches

3.    @shahed99

4.    @ASRMichael

5.    @gerardiw

6.5  @Nsxturbo

7.5  @adamaley

8.5  @Nenon

9.5   @AudioDoctor

10.5 ?

Wish List.

image.png.c7246647add3994913302ee520b6b4b9.png