IGNORED

TUREMETAL Case for Dual CPU. EOI

Sorry to throw this in at late stage, if other are not too bothered about additional height. Why can we not keep the footprint the same, but have it double the height? this way we could house a series of options on the 2nd tier?

- HDPlex DC/DC

- OCXO Clock board like Pinkfaun for CPU & Chipset (short cable connections)

- LPS parts. For me taking a Sean Jacobs LPS parts for example, sitting them on the 2nd tier would mean very short cable runs. A two tier heatsink means we could add additional cooling to LPS. We're not talking much in height just enough for the height of Transformer. 100mm say. I believe the existing Turemetal is 150mm in height, so 250 height overall.

-EtherRegen

-  Whatever you want really

I think this gives the DIYers more flexibility. 

4 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

Sorry to throw this in at late stage, if other are not too bothered about additional height. Why can we not keep the footprint the same, but have it double the height? this way we could house a series of options on the 2nd tier?

As is, the Sage motherboard won't fit into the case.

If we are going to design something custom, all aspects of the size should be on the table.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

5 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

double the height? this way we could house a series of options on the 2nd tier?

17 minutes ago, dminches said:

If we are going to design something custom, all aspects of the size should be on the table.

Ultimately it needs to be a consensus.

Based on agreed functionality, pitted against cost.

We also want it to look cool.

We could open this to Turemetal to comment on and cost.

Ultimately we need to design this like Musk

Not Job.

What ever that implies...

😄

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

@Nenon Our build needs to be as democratic as possible. But a design by consensus may just be that. An acceptance of a base standard, one that I am not necessary supportive of.

You have illustrated your views in a concise manner and I am fully behind this. I also think that there may be some resonance issues too. All power parts (TX in particular) hum, these are sure to have some effect on the motherboard and the parts therein.

But if we are able to have the case just wide enough, then few of the 10 could put what they want in that and rest not. I would personally follow your recommendation and put the regulators inside, possibly clock too.

We are firming up, I feel.

I hope we can have one more show of faith,

Then wish for the 5 people with wavering commitment to tip over.

Lets get this case done - soon!

Incidentally:

1. Turemetal noted that they are fully confident of their TDP design. They have tested their heatsink design to ~280W.

2. They recommend max outer height of 150mm. Cost will be a big issue after that.

3. They want us to give them the internal dimension. Then they can propose the way forward. 

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

48 minutes ago, basillus said:

Hi, I just saw and read this thread now and I must say, that it’s sound and looks good, so if I am not to late, I am in, If they can do this for about $1,000. 

You are actually number 10.5 in the list :). 

On 6/5/2020 at 11:04 PM, zerung said:

Here is the UPDATED list.

1.     @zerung

2.     @dminches

3.     @shahed99

4.     @ASRMichael

5.     @gerardiw

6.     @adamaley

7.5   @Nsxturbo

8.5   @AudioDoctor

9.5   @Nenon

10.5 @Nenon

11.5 @Nenon

You were one of the two I had in mind. 

On 6/2/2020 at 12:40 PM, Nenon said:

If they can do this for $1,000, I am in. And I think I would be able can convince at least two other people who are not participating in this thread to join as well. 

Industry disclosure:
https://chicagohifi.com

Dealer for: Taiko Audio, Conrad Johnson, Audio Mirror, and Sean Jacobs

• 2 weeks later...

Folks,

Turemetal is a one man band. He has been very busy, and has pushed us to the back...... He said he will send some drawings last week  and I have been leaving him alone.

Will update when I am given more information.

• 3 weeks later...

So nothing from Truemetal. I have contacted him two weeks ago, when he was still keen. But I have now lost my patience and the interest that kept me going.....

I will consider this thread to be in furlough, possibly dead?

Apologies for the hope!

19 hours ago, Nenon said:

Thank you for trying!

I am actually quite happy with the way I did the passive cooling as described here:

My computer has been running like this for 3-4 months already, and it keeps getting better over time (not sure why but it's a fact). CPU temperature is in the low 40's now. 

You may also want to keep an eye on the thread below... It's still on, at least for now. 

Yes. 

It is active. But first I need to have in my hands the Ram chips to power up the beast! This is what I have been waiting for... 

Design & Manufacture of High Fidelity Audio Equipment
1 hour ago, Peter Avgeris said:

Yes. 

It is active. But first I need to have in my hands the Ram chips to power up the beast! This is what I have been waiting for... 

RAM is coming. I have been waiting 4 months for it, but it's finally here! 

Industry disclosure:
https://chicagohifi.com

Dealer for: Taiko Audio, Conrad Johnson, Audio Mirror, and Sean Jacobs

• 1 month later...