IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

Have known about these for many months, ts not quite a ref 10, but you can use a quality DC power supply which helps, it's been geared towards audiophile usage and is a nice clean size. Will be available mid September. 6Moons <> 6Loons very odd fellow, met him a couple of times and spent almost an hour explaining how he has to charge for reviews lol Now he resides in Ireland should be a lot more sensible living costs than Switzerland!

Reality is somewhat stranger than fiction with audio, beware those bearing audio gifts, all that glitters is usually poor sounding equipment contained within over engineered and nice looking cases with an equally impressive price tag to match.

Areospace & Audio designs with a retail outlet Musical Coherence

@Superdad

If you and John ever would develop a clock, would that specific one OCXO you like, and have quoted prices for, fit inside your present black box ? 

If you where to suggest your price, what would you think? 

You may assume sine wave only. Dual 50 ohm galvanic isolated outputs, one or two 75 ohm outputs. Separate input DC power.

Looking inside other clocks, couldn’t this be a fairly simple design, still serving it’s purpose perfectly?

What I can say is that pre orders for the Nano are shall we say somewhat brisk 🙂

Reality is somewhat stranger than fiction with audio, beware those bearing audio gifts, all that glitters is usually poor sounding equipment contained within over engineered and nice looking cases with an equally impressive price tag to match.

On 7/29/2023 at 3:52 PM, Superdad said:

Well here is some good news on the affordable and properly engineered clock front:

Mutec is introducing the REF10 NANO; due out about September; USA retail about $1,850.

https://www.mutec-net.com/product_ref10_nano.php#features

MutecREF10NANO.thumb.jpg.094b1a2d67c64df4f96a0b7064936352.jpg

Incredibly interesting product. If I did not already own a Ref10 (non 120se)this would be my clock of choice.

As a Ref10 owner, I wonder if Mutec will eventually entertain an upgrade to allow external DC input. That would be incredibly interesting for me.

I have asked Chris P (Mutec owner) about this on many occassions it is not on his radar I have been informed.

You can upgrade your stock Ref 10 to a SE-120 its an internal board exchange chat to your local dealer/distributor

You can use a DC blocking circuit, but not everyone has these issues, also a quality design will have a built quality dc blocking circuit at dual differenital a/c filtration as first level power conditioning.

Vince and the boys from IFI a good bunch, at the recent UK audio show they spent a lot of time in our room.

Or you could wind your own like we do that we you have total control on all aspects of production and specifications. A little extreme I know but sometimes you just have to 🤪

LMIIITx.jpg

16 minutes ago, Clockmeister said:

Or you could wind your own like we do that we you have total control on all aspects of production and specifications. A little extreme I know but sometimes you just have to

Sure David.  But how much would you charge for such a transformer?!  And could you build and ship 100+ units at a time? :D

By the way, I know a bit of your background--from your postings and from some private correspondence we had a few years back. But your recent references to demonstrating at an audio show and to reselling of Mutec products leads me to wondering about your current enterprises or sidelines.  

In the interest of transparency for the readership here it probably would be best for you to now disclose whatever audio business affiliations you have going these days.

Thanks and best wishes as always,

--Alex C.

vibrations on the clock

cybershaft with built-in power
  vibrations on the clock do not occur
below there are distance pieces where the printed circuit board sits
therefore transformer cannot make vibration

it takes a lot for the transformer to hum like crazy

maybe

202011221938494100.jpg

I would suggest a fully gimbled Tx platform furthur isolated from the chassis, aloong with underboard suspension pieces and damping features on the circuit board and on all interfaces would be a basic starting point for any quality design of any sensitive electronic circuits.

With clocks its a simple but effective solution, I do have  model of a triple oven prototype sat on a solid block of copper some 15Kg in density using an electron micrco isolation platform plus many other vibration control devices that was used in University dissiation, did it result in such a large leap in total reduction of phase noise, NO but used in conjuction with other electrical and RF control mathods produced far more desirable results.

I do have a couple of the Cybershaft units and not to shabby they are either.

5 minutes ago, Clockmeister said:

I would suggest a fully gimbled Tx platform furthur isolated from the chassis, aloong with underboard suspension pieces and damping features on the circuit board and on all interfaces would be a basic starting point for any quality design of any sensitive electronic circuits.

Miniaturized Euler springs is what @JohnSwenson has always wanted to implement for a PCB or chassis isolation system. Their properties for ultra low frequency vibrations are outstanding.