IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

17 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

I’m using this https://cybershaft.shop/products/cyb-ds01 . 50 ohm from my clock to EtherRegen and Singxer SU-2. Sine. Works great. 

Of cause there is a chance to greate ground loops. 

A T-BNC as suggested by @realfx may be problematic. I think this has been explained before. 

In the case I was talking about the T-BNC is not used to split the signal but to add a terminating load to the RFI loop when the internal 75ohm input terminating load of the Mutec is disabled.

21 hours ago, realfx said:

@JohnSwenson Do you think using this Cybershaft 50ohm matching adapter https://cybershaft.shop/products/50-ohm-matching-adapter to connect a 10Mhz square wave 50ohm clock signal with a high quality (Huber+Suhner) 50ohm cable to the 75ohm input of a Mutec MC3+ USB will be ok? Or will the square wave signal be truncated?

The Mutec has the possibility to leave the clock input without the internal 75ohm load so it´s possible to use a T-BNC with a terminating 50ohm load plugged to it but the Mutec input female BNC will still be 75ohm so, which do you think would be the right way to connect the 10Mhz square wave 50ohm signal to the Mutec? With the Cybershaft 50ohm matching adapter or with a T-BNC with a 50ohm terminating load in the Mutec clock input while setting the clock input load of the Mutec to "no load"?

Thanks!

Your second approach would be the ideal method, just make sure the T-BNC is a 50 ohm model (almost all are). That will properly terminate the 50 ohm clock and cable while a "no load input" is tapping into the signal without changing it. A good way to do this. If it was a really fast signal (GHz range) this would not work, but for a 10MHz signal it is a good method.

John S.

6 hours ago, JohnSwenson said:

Your second approach would be the ideal method, just make sure the T-BNC is a 50 ohm model (almost all are). That will properly terminate the 50 ohm clock and cable while a "no load input" is tapping into the signal without changing it. A good way to do this. If it was a really fast signal (GHz range) this would not work, but for a 10MHz signal it is a good method.

John S.

Much helpful. Thanks!🍻

You chaps may wish to see how quality phase noise measurments are made in real time Holzworth have released this informative video.

Phase noise measurements

We have one of these Holzworth, a Keysight UXA with PN application including the cross correlation method which can take a wee while lol Also a new AAronia V6 special 3Thz sweep speed and upto 2Ghz of real time bandwidth and 122Million FFT's its pretty special.

Reality is somewhat stranger than fiction with audio, beware those bearing audio gifts, all that glitters is usually poor sounding equipment contained within over engineered and nice looking cases with an equally impressive price tag to match.

Areospace & Audio designs with a retail outlet Musical Coherence

• 2 weeks later...

Exciting times, Just placed my order for EtherRegen. I have the OCK-2 clock driving a SOTM streamer and AudioGD DHE DDC.

While the OCK-2 does provide an substantial increase in sound quality it's sold me on the value of external clocks

So i'm looking to replace the OCK-2 with the new Mutec Ref 10 nano.

Do any US dealers have stock of the Nano yet?

No doubt on built quality, flexibility and now nice price of newly available Mutec Nano but glad my Afterdark double emperor is still has an edge and coming 3 yrs of usage 😃

Screenshot_20231113-165845_Chrome.thumb.jpg.86a6d4aeccadc5854cd8d6ceccac7555.jpgScreenshot_20231113-165925_Drive.thumb.jpg.d63f6a9001ed614759c161cb3bb3ac28.jpg

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

3501 for the AD

1799 for the Mutec. ( This is what I am gathering as I have not actually seen a unit for retail)

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

18 hours ago, kiwibirch said:

Exciting times, Just placed my order for EtherRegen.

Thank you for your order!  Shipped out this morning. (It cost a lot more than we charged to ship via FedEx to you in New Zealand, but no worries. Perhaps you are up in one of those gorgeous remote corners of the island. Who am I kidding: From what I have seen, ALL of New Zealand is spectaclar. :D My wife and I intend to visit some day.)

Hope you enjoy your EtherREGEN--just as the few thousand before you are. Do let us know if you have any installation/usage questions. We are always here to assist.

--Alex C.

15 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Thank you for your order!  Shipped out this morning. (It cost a lot more than we charged to ship via FedEx to you in New Zealand, but no worries. Perhaps you are up in one of those gorgeous remote corners of the island. Who am I kidding: From what I have seen, ALL of New Zealand is spectaclar. :D My wife and I intend to visit some day.)

Hope you enjoy your EtherREGEN--just as the few thousand before you are. Do let us know if you have any installation/usage questions. We are always here to assist.

--Alex C.

Thanks So much Alex! and for covering the extra postage fees !! ... looking forward to checking this out for sure.

5 hours ago, JoseLuis72 said:

In my opinion it is worth taking vertical steps.

I think it's worth waiting and buying a superior watch than spending 2000 on a Mutec Nano. But honestly, I haven't tried it. I decided to buy the Double Crown because I was able to try a friend's at home and on my system. This way there is no error in the purchase, and I am not disappointed

What are you clocking with it? the Ether Regen?

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

--Alex C.

I'm just using Generic cat-5 ethernet. What would you recommend for Ethernet cable ? looking for value for money options :)

48 minutes ago, Schafheide said:

Given that I am very satisfied with my EtherRegen Gen 1 - In order to, perhaps, further improve the SQ, what is the general consensus regarding the best "bang for buck" that I should consider purchasing? TIA

Assuming you are asking for a recommendation for an external reference clock—in the sub-$1,000 range.

We strongly believe that clocks should be supplied with individual phase-noise plots for verified performance.  Our tests have shown that performance at 10Hz offset is even more important than at the difficult 1Hz range.  
At about -125dBc/Hz @10Hz is where audible gains over the EtherREGEN’s internal clock begin.

Both Cybershaft (Japan) and AfterDark (Hong Kong) clock boxes are supplied with individual phase-noise plots.

Cybershaft recently opened a web shop for world-friendly direct ordering, and they have added some fine performing models at very reasonable pricing. Look to their Palladium series and you will see that all the bottom models offer -130dBc/Hz (@10Hz) performance. $760~$950 range. And they all contain excellent Linear Tech LT3045 voltage regulators for final local regulation (you still need a decent external linear supply in the 13.5~16V range.

https://cybershaft.shop/products/palladium-series-ultra-precision-ocxo-10mhz-master-clock?variant=38021368152239

Look also to the AfterDark Project ClayX Giesmann Queen level at $759:

https://www.adark.co/collections/project-giesemann-ocxo/products/afterdark-project-clayx-giesemann-ocxo-10mhz-reference-master-clock-audiophilestyle-edition?variant=32208685400182
(For various validated reasons we advise that AfterDark clocks be ordered directly from them in Hong Kong—and not from their USA dealer.)

By the way: Despite my recent excitement about the newly released Mutec REF10 Nano, it looks like it will carry a price of $2,499 in the USA, not around $1,800 as previously thought.  It will still be an exceptional performer—and about the only square wave clock we can recommend (hard for most to get square wave right)—but it will still be a bit more and likely hard to obtain for a while as I think they have a big back order.

Plus one on the LHY OCK 2 . Just breaking in a Tubulus Concentus 75 Ohm cable with LHY and the EtherRegen. Square wave configuration.

Takes  the Bricasti M3 Dac to another level. No way I could get the improvement for 1 k ( LHY plus Tubulus) by selling the Bricasti and moving up to a nicer Dac.

The EtherRegen is quite a device. Allows you to use a clock when your dac does not have the input. Allows for easy integration to fiber along with the ethernet clean up. Quite a value!!

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors