IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style State of the Union

46 minutes ago, esldude said:

The bs and the money won.  Chris won. Makers of make believe won. Hard to be genuinely helpful in such an environment. Easy to spin the fanciful tale.

Facts matter. It’s now even easier to help because you don’t have to fight off make believe while educating.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, Confused said:

So when a thread starts to get derailed, perhaps we just need to send the culprits to the pub car park and let them sort things out, the rest of us can then stay in the public bar a continue a civilized conversation.

I struggle to believe that the fight takes place without an audience. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

MQA is done. I was thinking of the future.

With other topics it isn't much different over there. If there's a financial interest, it won't be measured and compared to the least expensive options and talked about the same way as products from manufacturers that aren't liked. It's really all about using the term science as a mask, cherry picking the clap traps, and protecting one's own business. Fine with me, but I'm not willingly blind to it.

6 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

You seem to assume that the refugees are going to Amir's place. 

I'm going by what they've said. 

I they are looking for a place that allows them to be rude and piss into a punch bowl, I don't know where they'll find it. 

6 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Sure, OK.  But I don't think your recent actions will be seen as rolling out the red carpet for them.  This is a win for MQA Chris.  I know it seems like I'm trolling but based on the history of MQA here, a strong case could be made that you've handed a huge win to MQA by raising up the "subjectivists" above everyone else.

You mark my works, Quint and his ilk we be back in spades, reveling in their "win".

Quint can say whatever he wants. I don't care if he declares victory. 

Suggesting that only objectivists can "fight" MQA isn't a logical argument. The facts have been out for years. It's all about other stuff now. MQA doesn't care about the facts.  

3 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Evidence. please? As far as I know, Amir doesn't sell to the audiophile community. What is it that he needs to protect for his own business which is generally high-end home theater, and integrated security installations?

There is plenty of crossover in high end home theater and audiophile products. I've been to countless installations and seen it in a majority of cases. 

Because he has access to everything he sells, and more, it should be pretty easy to march that stuff out to the test bench and compare it to the new holy grail of the minute. He constantly rails against high end mfgs, but of course none of them who are his venders and he would never measure his gear and tell a customer to stop buying the expensive stuff because the cheap stuff is just as good. Yet, he does this all day long when it's someone else's business thats effected. 

2 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

So, no evidence, just a suspicion of impropriety? Can you give just a few brand names of what he uses in his business that he refuses to measure? Because I'm pretty sure he measured some expensive digital processors he claims he uses for his business, and they did not measure well.

I've been down this path countless times, naming brands etc... not going down it again for you to ignore the evidence. Plus, you don't seem to want the information so I will not force it down your throat.

4 minutes ago, esldude said:

One need only look at the predecessor he is following at Head Fi.  Now AS is poised to slide all the way to maximal profit with no contrary views possible in the mainstream discussions of the forum.  Head Fi is the largest audio forum on the internet by a good margin.

I've always looked at what Jude has done with Head-Fi as a great model. He has a huge audience that has maximized its enjoyment of this wonderful hobby. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that in my book.

2 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

At the end of the day, this was a business decision for Chris and nothing more.  "Subjectivists" buy more stuff and are way more influenced by hype and the Audiophile Press.  Chris is just going where the money is.

"it's not personal, it's business"

Not really Sam. This place has to be enjoyable for me, otherwise it turns into a job that I could get anywhere, but with much less hassle. It wasn't enjoyable for me babysit adults who had every opportunity to curtail their own behavior and follow the well known rules. I could have banned those who couldn't follow the rules, but I opted to give them an opportunity and to give the objective minded ones who do follow the rules a place free from BS. Perhaps we end up in the same position with respect to some people leaving but it isn't about the money. 

1 minute ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Last week, I would not have believed you aspire for AS to be like Head-Fi.  After this weekend, it's still a little shocking, but totally jibes with your new industry-friendly makeover.  I expect to see Scoggins back here any minute now...

Understood. 

1 minute ago, esldude said:

Those bygone days were when you asked how to connect something you'd be told use a USB cable meeting spec.  While now the same question with that answer will result in being told you'll need a somewhat expensive cable, and one or two USB cleaners, and maybe some optional power supplies for the cleaners before you can expect good results. 

I learned a lot in those days, now you'll mostly be helped to spend lots of money on dubious gear for some pretty simple setups.

You're misremembering things Dennis. The The Synergistic Research Tricon USB cable ($550) was talked about around here two monts after this site started. Not that I'm proud of it, but just want to get the facts out there.