IGNORED

Acceptable Humour from an earlier time.

sandyk

2 hours ago, daverich4 said:

Yes, I could have checked with Snopes,(I often do with some of the stuff sent to me)  but in this case I thought it was funny enough to pass on irrespective.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

8 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Are they trying to get Donald re-elected  ? :D

They are so left-wing, they make Bernie Sanders look like a Reagan Conservative! I don’t think they support Donald’s re-election efforts any more than I do. However, I don’t think we need any questionable confirmation or debunking from Snopes to figure out that this ad is ad for WD40 is a fake. They almost sold it, but then went a little to far with the sexual innuendo. 🙄

George

8 minutes ago, wgscott said:

You know how I knew it was fake?

WD-40 is not a lubricant.

Did you try it ? :D

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

56 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

They almost sold it, but then went a little to far with the sexual innuendo. 🙄

Yes. The standing 9" tall was one of those.

16 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Like many audiophile myths, there are some things you don't need to try...

Not according to the "yearly" Darwin awards where USA residents figure prominently ! :D 

https://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2019.html

people who understand statistics realize that countries with larger popguns will have more Darwin awards 9_9

18 hours ago, wgscott said:

You know how I knew it was fake?

WD-40 is not a lubricant.

Good point. It’s a penetrating oil, good for loosening rusty or just stuck fasteners like bolts and nuts, not so much for lubricating, but I do know several gun owners who use it regularly in place of gun oil. Don’t think I would though.

George