IGNORED

UpTone EtherRegen measured. It's a switch.

18 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

When I say bias, I don't man it in a way that says 2+2=4 for you but not laymen. I mean it in a way where the experts in any field can look at measurements and understand where they can be misleading and they understand how to drum up results that appear to show something major, but in reality it doesn't matter. To the layman THD+N on a spec sheet was as good as gold. To the expert it meant nothing. The experts don't have to let the laymen in on the THD+N joke.

Are you brave enough to break ranks and explain the THD+N joke to a non-expert like myself?

18 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The same goes for this testing. I'm sure there are many holes that laymen don't see, but I don't believe those who are out to get UpTone would ever mention them. 

The fact that I find some amusement in laughing at their products doesn't mean I'm out to "get" them.

9 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You will never see Amir measure  a current production Berkeley Audio Design product, compare it to a $100 DAC that measures equally as good, and excoriate Berkeley Audio Design. It won't happen. Those who admire his work should ask him why he is playing favorites, publishing results that only effect people that aren't in his inner circle.

Just as you are suddenly very protective of your advertiser.

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm not sure what facts I can reveal, but people can put some of the dots together by looking at the evidence that's public. If your company helps Amir make money your products won't be talked about in the same vein and won't have a subjective slime wrapped around the measurements. 

Seriously, start by asking him why he hasn't measured the Berkeley Audio Design current production products and compared them to his list of inexpensive products. He certainly has access to the products. He was and still may be a dealer for them. He is friends with Michael Ritter from way back in the Pacific Microsonics / Microsoft acquisition days. 

Ever wonder why he is a big supporter of MQA? The dots are there to be connected. They revolve around money and friendships. 

Why does this matter? Because it's the tip of the iceberg and oozes into everything done over there. 

I have no doubt Amir is as slimy as they get in this regard. He did work for Microsoft, after all. It is still a false conclusion that all his tests are flawed, rigged, or otherwise suspect. Can you point to a test he has published where there is significant deviation compared to the same products tested by others? That would be the smoking gun you seek. His business (and personal) relationships may influence which products he chooses to test, but I have yet to see any evidence that he is dishonest in the reports he does publish.

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I don't really remember the days (as I young and didn't follow this stuff), but back in the day it's my understanding that THD+N became a great marketing tool. Manufacturers would to whatever it took to get the lowest THD+N. If that mean cranking up negative feedback beyond recommended levels, so be it. Laymen had no clue what was going on.

Regular consumers are often victims of numbers races, be it megapixels, gigahertz, or decibels, and you are quite correct in that the THD+N figure can be gamed. That said, I am still lost as to what this has to do with Ethernet switches.

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

It's very relevant because whenever numbers and measurements are involved, those with the knowledge are at an advantage over laymen. Laymen have no idea if there are games being played with this measurement or its results.

For whatever it's worth, I don't seen any signs of gameplay here.

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I gave you some facts that you ignored. Not even close to conspiracy theories. 

You seem to be in the THD+N crowd. All measurements exist in a vacuum and must be taken at face value. The world is black and white. This isn't a personal attack, just an observation that you can help backup or refute. 

Let's try an analogy (and invoke Godwin's law):

1. The Nazis invented rockets.

2. The Nazis were evil.

3. Therefore, rockets do not work.

33 minutes ago, Jud said:

Beyond the measurements there's a fair amount of unconfirmed innuendo regarding EMI radiation of an item that is labeled as being within acceptable parameters in that regard

The power supply (from a Chinese OEM) is certified and labeled. The main unit is neither.

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Everyone has bias. Accepting anything on blind faith is a recipe for disaster. 

Who said anything about blind faith?

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you don't see flaws, it shouldn't then follow that there aren't any and that the conclusions are 100% valid. 

If I don't see flaws, it's possible I've overlooked something. If nobody can point out any concrete flaws (hand-waving doesn't count), the methodology was in all likelihood reasonably good. That is the situation here. Tell me what was wrong with the procedure, or show me someone who can.