On 4/1/2021 at 4:41 AM, hifidev said:

I am coming back to Qobuz and have 6,000 tracks imported from another streaming service. My most common use case for listening to music is putting all My Tracks on random. The mobile app loads batches of songs 300 at a time. I’d like them all to load instead of loading on scroll.

My very (very) specific solution would be a Play Random button alongside the Play button when I pull from the top on Tracks where Play and Filter are revealed. Hitting Play Random would first load the entire list of songs before randomizing. 

Another solution would be to load 300 as it does currently and then once you scroll all the way to the bottom, load all remaining Tracks instead of 300 more. I understand it’s potentially a lot of data to load but if I’ve scrolled past 300 Tracks there’s a very good chance my intention is to see everything. 

I love that you are so responsive on here @David Craff and entertain people playing PM! I really like what you guys are doing. 

Hi,

I don't know if it's a good thing to be able to put such a large amount of tracks in the playlist (6k tracks).

Assuming that you are unlikely to listen to the same play queue for several days. Let's take 2 days though, or 2x24 hours.

A track is on average 3 minutes long, so 20 tracks for one hour.

This gives us: 48 x 20 = 960 tracks

We could thus imagine a limit to the play queue of 1000 tracks.
And in the case of random playback. Load all the id tracks of your favorites, make a random mix and take only the first 1000 for 2 days of non stop listening.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Hi @David Craff 

Related to the questions about playlists I mentioned some time ago that I would like to see the same view options in playlist on the mobile apps as on the MacOS app. On my Mac I can use in playlists the album view and that way it is very easy to navigate to a certain album in the playlist. On the mobile apps there is only one view of all the tracks (sequentially by album). Are there any plans to bring the same functionality of the Mac app to the mobile apps? 

Cheers

1 hour ago, schs said:

Hi @David Craff 

Related to the questions about playlists I mentioned some time ago that I would like to see the same view options in playlist on the mobile apps as on the MacOS app. On my Mac I can use in playlists the album view and that way it is very easy to navigate to a certain album in the playlist. On the mobile apps there is only one view of all the tracks (sequentially by album). Are there any plans to bring the same functionality of the Mac app to the mobile apps? 

Cheers

Hi,

I will forward your feedback to the Mobile Product Manager.

I can't tell you if this is plan. The display for mobile is not the same as MacOs.

Regards

@David CraffHi David, loving your interaction on here and great to see the Qobuz team reacting to feedback from the community. I've 1 request and 2 questions if you don't mind.

I can't see this requested anywhere else in the thread but it's not a big deal. Is there a way you can add a profile pic or avatar to your Qobuz account profile and if not is it a feature you guys could implement easily enough?

I had seen earlier on in the thread that you were working on making up a weekly playlist which I'm very much looking forward too. I listen to my Qobuz account daily exclusively through Roon and I was wondering if all the tracks I play on Roon are registered in my Qobuz app / account as recently played etc? I'm asking as I'd like my weekly playlist to be made up of artists and tracks I am listening to on a daily basis and was unsure if listening only through Roon would impact how my Qobuz weekly playlist was made up?

Other question is around the Qobuz x Sonos recent Hi-Res update which is fantastic news. I had read (unsure of the accuracy) that to get Hi-Res on Sonos you had to play your Qobuz tracks through the sonos S2 app. Does this mean that if I am playing a 24bit track through the Qobuz app or Roon then it would still only output at 16bit? Ideally I'd want to stream to my Sonos Amp in either the Qobuz or Roon UI as both are far better to use than the Sonos S2 app plus I have parametric EQ set up for my speakers in my Roon set up.  

Thanks in advance 

Hi

3 hours ago, scobihughes said:

I can't see this requested anywhere else in the thread but it's not a big deal. Is there a way you can add a profile pic or avatar to your Qobuz account profile and if not is it a feature you guys could implement easily enough?

For the moment we plan to remove the avatar and display one or two letter according to the display name (First letter of words)

I had seen earlier on in the thread that you were working on making up a weekly playlist which I'm very much looking forward too. I listen to my Qobuz account daily exclusively through Roon and I was wondering if all the tracks I play on Roon are registered in my Qobuz app / account as recently played etc? I'm asking as I'd like my weekly playlist to be made up of artists and tracks I am listening to on a daily basis and was unsure if listening only through Roon would impact how my Qobuz weekly playlist was made up?

Our algorithm will take all your listening, no matter if you listen from Room, Qobuz or other partners.

But this is a new Qobuz concept of track pile. I can't tell you when Partners will add this feature in their app.

Other question is around the Qobuz x Sonos recent Hi-Res update which is fantastic news. I had read (unsure of the accuracy) that to get Hi-Res on Sonos you had to play your Qobuz tracks through the sonos S2 app. Does this mean that if I am playing a 24bit track through the Qobuz app or Roon then it would still only output at 16bit? Ideally I'd want to stream to my Sonos Amp in either the Qobuz or Roon UI as both are far better to use than the Sonos S2 app plus I have parametric EQ set up for my speakers in my Roon set up.  

Sorry I haven't the answer of this question. Maybe @David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist or @dmackta

Regards

19 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi

For the moment we plan to remove the avatar and display one or two letter according to the display name (First letter of words)

Our algorithm will take all your listening, no matter if you listen from Room, Qobuz or other partners.

But this is a new Qobuz concept of track pile. I can't tell you when Partners will add this feature in their app.

Sorry I haven't the answer of this question. Maybe @David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist or @dmackta

Regards

Great news thanks for the quick response 

5 minutes ago, dmackta said:

I don't think Roon is supporting Qobuz 24-bit on Sonos yet. From the Qobuz app you'd need to do AirPlay to a Sonos speaker at this point so 24-bit is moot. The Sonos integration so far is just a first step. 

Thanks for that, I have the desktop Qobuz app for windows 10 on an Intel Nuc that has a phono out into my Sonos Amp so I don't necessarily have to use Airplay. Would I be able to get 24-bit from Qobuz x Sonos this way or still only via Sonos S2 app?  

Just now, scobihughes said:

Thanks for that, I have the desktop Qobuz app for windows 10 on an Intel Nuc with a USB DAC that then connects to the line in of the Sonos Amp so I don't necessarily have to use Airplay. Would I be able to get 24-bit from Qobuz x Sonos this way or still only via Sonos S2 app?  

2 hours ago, scobihughes said:

Thanks for that, I have the desktop Qobuz app for windows 10 on an Intel Nuc that has a phono out into my Sonos Amp so I don't necessarily have to use Airplay. Would I be able to get 24-bit from Qobuz x Sonos this way or still only via Sonos S2 app?  

Do you mean RCA out into Sonos Amp? Not sure what you mean by phono out. Anyhow, it sounds like you are already analog by that stage.  

19 minutes ago, dmackta said:

Do you mean RCA out into Sonos Amp? Not sure what you mean by phono out. Anyhow, it sounds like you are already analog by that stage.  

Ignore me, i have a bad habit of calling a line out a phone out, it's really only there so any sound from my PC is played out my speakers.  

Yeah, I'm analogue at that stage and then the sonos amp DAC converts back to digital at 16-bit. 

I think if I want to hear 24-bit on a sonos amp via the Qobuz app it's going to have to be through a Qobuz equivalent of Spotify or Tidal connect as I'm sure Airplay 2 is only 16 bit? 

I can use the Sonos S2 app but it's a very limited user interface and I'd have no idea of the bit rate of the tracks I'm playing through the S2 app. I guess I'm wondering if I can pick a 24/48 track on my Qobuz app and have my amp play it at that resolution without having to use the Sonos Amp. 

Just now, scobihughes said:

Ignore me, i have a bad habit of calling a line out a phono out, it's really only there so any sound from my PC is played out my speakers.  

Yeah, I'm analogue at that stage and then the sonos amp DAC converts back to digital at 16-bit. 

I think if I want to hear 24-bit on a sonos amp via the Qobuz app it's going to have to be through a Qobuz equivalent of Spotify or Tidal connect as I'm sure Airplay 2 is only 16 bit? 

I can use the Sonos S2 app but it's a very limited user interface and I'd have no idea of the bit rate of the tracks I'm playing through the S2 app. I guess I'm wondering if I can pick a 24/48 track on my Qobuz app and have my amp play it at that resolution without having to use the Sonos Amp. 

Hey everyone,

As I have been really fed up with Spotify lately, mainly cause of their app updates that embed huge regressions everytime, I decided to try other solutions and I got to say Qobuz looks really promising, and the sound quality is really awesome compared to Spotify.

Although something is really stopping me from moving which is the recommendation algorithm. Not sure if I did not find the feature or if it's not there but on spotify I really enjoy being able to launch a radio from a single track, the discover weekly playlist, and the fact that whenever I listen to smtg the algo will queue up songs related to the previous album / playlist read.

Is there a roadmap about that ? (sorry I did not read every post maybe its mentioned)

Thanks a lot

On 4/8/2021 at 8:44 AM, David Craff said:

Hi,

I will forward your feedback to the Mobile Product Manager.

I can't tell you if this is plan. The display for mobile is not the same as MacOs.

Regards

Should I be able to view my playlists as albums when modifying on a Windows PC? I use both web browser and Qobuz app for Windows and only see tracks if I need to modify or edit. One of my playlists has 494 tracks from 38 albums. If I make a mistake in the order, it can be very painstaking to move a whole lot of tracks to their correct place in the list, it would be easier to only move complete albums.

12 hours ago, baoutch said:

Is there a roadmap about that ? (sorry I did not read every post maybe its mentioned)

5 hours ago, Muddy Walter said:

If I make a mistake in the order, it can be very painstaking to move a whole lot of tracks to their correct place in the list

Your requests are certainly in the works.  

I'd like to think after these last few years of very hard work, setting up the service and catalog from scratch, they are finally able to focus on what made their service popular in the EU countries.  Push off in their own direction away from campaigns asking for institution of 'flowcharts to proven success' that would imprint a carbon copy of where the other services fall short.  

Hey (again)

As I am currently migrating from Spotify, I could transfer my playlists over to qobuz and this is great, but there is a feature really missing imho which is being able to revers the order of a playlist.

Imported playlists are sorted by oldest added track first, and I am usually using playlists with fresh stuff at the top but could not find a way to reverse order of those imported playlist (except by hand but this would take hours).

Thanks

18 hours ago, Muddy Walter said:

Should I be able to view my playlists as albums when modifying on a Windows PC? I use both web browser and Qobuz app for Windows and only see tracks if I need to modify or edit. One of my playlists has 494 tracks from 38 albums. If I make a mistake in the order, it can be very painstaking to move a whole lot of tracks to their correct place in the list, it would be easier to only move complete albums.

Hi,

You can change the track display in the playlist, to get track, track by album or album cover.

image.thumb.png.fb37aaba89aa866f370afddc3b841827.png

11 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

You can change the track display in the playlist, to get track, track by album or album cover.

image.thumb.png.fb37aaba89aa866f370afddc3b841827.png

I know that one can display the playlist as albums/releases but when one creates a playlist and want to add in an album (or correct a playlist) especially for putting all albums/releases in correct recording date order, album display is not available so one has to drag all tracks individually to their correct place. It would be much easier to be able to drag complete albums which looks like it should be available but it is not.

• 3 weeks later...

Forgive me if the below feature request has already been made. I searched for it but couldn't find it back easily.

After I stream albums on Qobuz, I often buy the files and add them in my collection on my NAS.

With the general increasing risk of MQA infestation, the probability that I might unconsciously buy such files and therefore unconsciously support MQA also increases.  I would like to see a clear indication at least on the Qobuz store which versions are MQA-mangled.

With respect to the streaming itself, I now see sometimes the same album available in CD-quality (no specific indication) or in high-resolution with "(hires)" indication after the album title. I hope also here an MQA indicator may appear next to the album title, when appropriate, so that I can decide not to stream it (thereby not supporting MQA).

I know Qobuz by default tries to avoid MQA, but I've seen discussion about MQA processed music also available on Qobuz. And when music will be distributed in MQA-only format, I would like to know up-front.

12 minutes ago, jma2 said:

Forgive me if the below feature request has already been made. I searched for it but couldn't find it back easily.

After I stream albums on Qobuz, I often buy the files and add them in my collection on my NAS.

With the general increasing risk of MQA infestation, the probability that I might unconsciously buy such files and therefore unconsciously support MQA also increases.  I would like to see a clear indication at least on the Qobuz store which versions are MQA-mangled.

With respect to the streaming itself, I now see sometimes the same album available in CD-quality (no specific indication) or in high-resolution with "(hires)" indication after the album title. I hope also here an MQA indicator may appear next to the album title, when appropriate, so that I can decide not to stream it (thereby not supporting MQA).

I know Qobuz by default tries to avoid MQA, but I've seen discussion about MQA processed music also available on Qobuz. And when music will be distributed in MQA-only format, I would like to know up-front.

Hi

Thanks for this feedback, I will forward to the supply chain. I can't tell you if this is possible and if we will do that.

Regards

Last night I spent the requisite amount of time to individually select every playback software option in the first drop down menu preceding downloading of purchased content (Qobuz Store using an up to date browser).  In the current environment there is not a single option across any OS or player option which allows setting WAV as format files will downloaded in.  This would be a non-issue if selecting an option similar to "[OS] Other" stored format selected in second dropdown menu into memory like every other account settings option.  If not already present, I'd appreciate this being added to the loooooong list of requested behaviors.  

I have not tried OS other than W10 or a browser other than Chromium.  Anyone, please comment if the above is not a universal behavior.

5 hours ago, jma2 said:

Definitely don’t purchase anything from the 2L label then.

Didn't you actually tempt 2L into making a multichannel 'special' for you? 😕

Music in the Round #84: Multichannel MQA | Stereophile.com

I e-mailed 2L's Morton Lindberg about creating some multichannel MQA files (he's already released some two-channel MQA recordings), and he agreed. Both Lindberg and Jurewicz then contacted Bob Stuart, who set the wheels in motion. He took the hi-rez 5.1-channel multichannel recordings I'd requested, separated them into pairs of channels—Front Left and Right, Center and Subwoofer, Surround Left and Right—converted each pair to MQA, then recombined them into 5.1-channel FLAC files.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox