On 5/19/2021 at 5:49 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

That’s what they all said when Amazon HD came out. 

Apple isn’t a master of the universe. It flubs many products. Anyone remember Apple’s Ping?

At this point, anyone remember Apple’s full size HomePod? 🙂

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 1 month later...

Hi this is not really a feature request but more of a question. I tried researching for the answer but couldn’t really find it. Question is if Qobuz does carry in the streaming service audiophile masters of albums eg. MOFI, DCC etc. I think the answer is no but wanted to be sure. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, mindhead1 said:

Qobuz Connect is a much desired feature. 3rd Party clients are sub par. 

I very much like Audirvana Studio in any system able to utilize UPnP/DLNA streaming. But for anyone who can't or doesn't wish to use Audirvana, I certainly understand the desire for Qobuz Connect.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw a reminder from Dan at Bliss about backing up one's music collection. Yes, this should always be done. But then I thought, it's time to remind Qobuz that some of us would love the ability to upload our local libraries to Qobuz and create the an awesome integrated solution / service. 

It would be like Roon, but for Qobuz and in the cloud. Mobile Fidelity, Audio Fidelity, Analogue Productions, etc... are "never" coming to streaming services. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

12 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Just saw a reminder from Dan at Bliss about backing up one's music collection. Yes, this should always be done. But then I thought, it's time to remind Qobuz that some of us would love the ability to upload our local libraries to Qobuz and create the an awesome integrated solution / service. 

It would be like Roon, but for Qobuz and in the cloud. Mobile Fidelity, Audio Fidelity, Analogue Productions, etc... are "never" coming to streaming services. 

Completely agree with this. Especially where Qobuz’s catalog is still lacking in some ways to Spotify and others. Qobuz still not having Bob Seger’s discography while the other services do could be filled in by individual users that already happen to have his music in their collections at least until Qobuz finally gets it but at least they wouldn’t have to wait around for it. And Qobuz should allow for us to upload in full fidelity and not low quality like Apple Music and Spotify currently do.

13 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The extra storage space could be a bit costly for Qobuz and for us. But look at this example of a company using a decentralized peer to peer solution that might work, at least if users have fast connections: https://www.storj.io/

(I believe this has also been known - perhaps in an open source version? - as Tardigrade.)

2 hours ago, Jud said:

The extra storage space could be a bit costly for Qobuz and for us. But look at this example of a company using a decentralized peer to peer solution that might work, at least if users have fast connections: https://www.storj.io/

(I believe this has also been known - perhaps in an open source version? - as Tardigrade.)

If VOX can do this charging $4.99 per month for unlimited storage and bandwidth, I’d pay twice that to have Qobuz do it.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Encountered an oddball scrolling behavior that impacts the full screen. and to a lesser extent static, player (using Windows 6.0.3 -b025).  In brief, a +1K character "Artist - Album Title" would be displayed using the same animated routines as shortest number triggering scroll functionality.    I grabbed the nearest free GIF maker which didn't quite manage to capture the unreadable frame rate.  :/

Starting play on album in full screen results in displaying a string of foreign characters for duration of scrolled (hidden) characters.  Roughly 25 characters behind the static load screen this behavior begins.  Then finally catches up and displays correctly after completion.  After one or two cycles the aberrance desists.  As opposed to correctly displayed speed readers synopsis below which continues through rest of album. 

Since I was unable to reproduce this first, incomprehensible, result.  It is being listed as a request for future investigation.    

524476526_QobuzPlayerScroll.gif.ebd1c9694725dc11716049ab0c69eb0d.gif

The album used for reference may be found here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Stereo said:

Are there going to be any new features or improvements we can expect for Qobuz’s 3rd anniversary in the USA this February 14th, 2022?

Hi,

Not sure to be on time to deliver the features for the 14th but, the artist page with release type (album, ep, live) will arrive soon and we are finishing the works to display the main artists of release instead of only one.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been asked for yet and or if it exists already and I dont know about it but I would like to see a more detailed description tied to each of the various "Versions" of an album that are available as seen via the Roon interface. Many times I'll see an album I want to listen to and navigate over to the versions Tab in Roon and see what is available. But, many of times i'll see multiple options for say CD Quality versions. The track count is the same, the name of the Album is the same (ie..doesnt say Deluxe version or something like that) so I then wonder if one is an original recording and the other is a newer remaster.

For all I know this is a Roon thing but if I'm not mistaken I've seen a similar thing when browsing the QoBuzz online catalog directly. In a perfect world a Catalog number would be nice but I would happily live with just a date of the version being offered or something of that nature so one can tell what they are either buying or streaming.

Another thing along those lines would be to have some kind of preference setting where you can setup things like filters on what version of an Album gets displayed in a priority order when searching for music to buy or stream via Roon. For example, if such a feature existed I would setup a filter to only show original versions of an album in whatever quality kt was recorded in. I would also filter out any Album that is a remaster or re-release (because they almost always sound worse than the original..IMO).

Thanks for any consideration you can give these requests