Hi @David Craff,

Ever since the announcement that Apple Music will soon have hi-res streaming content and dolby Atmos content for $10.00 a month, all anyone can say is that the smaller guys like Qobuz, Tidal and Deezer will soon be gone.  I really hope that this is not the case and I don't see it that way, but I am curious what Qobuz plans to do to stay with or ahead of the competition.  I know one thing is the fact that you can buy lossless and hi-Res albums from Qobuz, which you won't be able to do in Apple music or Spotify. Is there anything you can share, like will Qobuz add Dolby Atmos or Sony 360 Reality Audio or something similar? I am just curious, not switching regardless of the answer.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, PunkRockDoc said:

Hi @David Craff,

Ever since the announcement that Apple Music will soon have hi-res streaming content and dolby Atmos content for $10.00 a month, all anyone can say is that the smaller guys like Qobuz, Tidal and Deezer will soon be gone.  I really hope that this is not the case and I don't see it that way, but I am curious what Qobuz plans to do to stay with or ahead of the competition.  I know one thing is the fact that you can buy lossless and hi-Res albums from Qobuz, which you won't be able to do in Apple music or Spotify. Is there anything you can share, like will Qobuz add Dolby Atmos or Sony 360 Reality Audio or something similar? I am just curious, not switching regardless of the answer.  Thanks!

I don't know what Qobuz finances are, but if they are okay being the "audiophile" streaming service, they will probably be okay. They can grow slowly. I don't see Apple or Amazon offering me what I want. I don't want to be part of their ecosystem and love the Qobuz integration with Roon, and the download store. 

The truth is that if Spotify had all their catalog in CD and a large part in hi-res,it would tempt me. But again, the Roon integration is a biggie for me. Having that unified streaming and local catalog is an amazing added value.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I use Roon with Qobuz integration which I'm very happy with at the moment but having both costs me £25.48pm (£12.49 + £12.99)

Apple Music at 16/44 and above at £9.99pm is a very tempting price. Spotify Hi-Fi also at this cost would be very attractive.

I love having Qobuz streaming catalogue within Roon's interface but with Apple Musics latest announcement I'm essentially paying an extra £15.49 for Roons interface. 

If I could get Qobuz and Roon for £20pm (double the price of Apple or Spotify) I think I could live with that. However as things stand the now I would be tempted to give Apple or Spotify a try. 

Just now, hopkins said:

It would be nice to have a way to bookmark labels on Qobuz, both on the web and desktop apps.

This 'object' was loosely placed on their design table early on in the US launch.  Both as means to track catalog progress and monitor inflections.  In time ability to focus on changes in this large of a catalog body amortized.    

On the whole I think Qobuz does a lot better job recognizing the nature of streaming than many of us attempting to offer helpful suggestions.  The larger picture is knowing where we stop making listening a job and go at it with softer intent, leisure.  Mind I'm wagging a finger at myself, not you.  I do still hope you'll consider those two objectives above and why they might fall away before offering sophisticated returns at barely the lifting of a finger.    

19 minutes ago, rando said:

On the whole I think Qobuz does a lot better job recognizing the nature of streaming than many of us attempting to offer helpful suggestions.  The larger picture is knowing where we stop making listening a job and go at it with softer intent, leisure.  Mind I'm wagging a finger at myself, not you.  I do still hope you'll consider those two objectives above and why they might fall away before offering sophisticated returns at barely the lifting of a finger. 

Thanks for your comments, but I don't understand any of the above sentences. 

On 5/20/2021 at 3:09 AM, David Craff said:

Hi

I am not able to communicate the strategy of Qobuz. Maybe @dmackta can tell you more.

But my vision is the following: There is a big cake, everyone wants to have a piece of it, including Qobuz. But we don't have the same appetite as Apple, Amazon and other.

It is up to us to bring something else, to be different.  A streaming service is not only about making music available. It's also the art and the way, the tools, the additional features & content... We already have a different approach than the competition. Main stream music is not what we want to put forward, our target is more audiophile and music lover...

Of course we have to be competitive and that's why we do our best to offer you the features that we think are important so that you don't lose out if you decide to change to come to us or simply to stay with us.
There is still a lot to do in this sense.
Dolby Atmos, Qobuz Connect, Automatic Recommendation etc... all this will happen at Qobuz.

Regards

Thanks for replying!  You summed it up perfectly.  "all this will happen at Qobuz" is all I was curious about.  I like Qobuz's model of streaming and selling.  When I hear music on Qobuz that I want to buy, I know exactly where I can find it.

Great to hear some insights on the roadmap and all of those are high priority features from a new subscriber perspective. A couple of other things stand out from my initial couple of weeks:

- browsable ‘landing pages’ by genre, perhaps even by year or featured topic with playlists new releases, etc

- separating out albums, singles/eps, live albums and compilations on artist pages and showing the original release year would be great.

Overall I love the look of the app, search seems effective, the quality is amazing and I love the editorial content! Well done 

I have been trying to get 'Amor', a 2x HD remastered album by Amanda Martinez in DXD here in Europe. Not possible. ProStudioMasters deliver only to US and Canada and nativeDSD indicated the album is mastered in DXD, hence does not qualify for the nativeDSD shop.

So my last hope is Qobuz and here's my feature request.

Please offer DXD albums for purchase and download. This should be doable without needing any investment into the streaming platform. That can stay limited to 24/192kHz.

This is the album in question:

https://www.prostudiomasters.com/search?cs=1&q=Amanda+martinez#x

Thanks for listening

Rudi

8 hours ago, jacobacci said:

I have been trying to get 'Amor', a 2x HD remastered album by Amanda Martinez in DXD here in Europe. Not possible. ProStudioMasters deliver only to US and Canada and nativeDSD indicated the album is mastered in DXD, hence does not qualify for the nativeDSD shop.

So my last hope is Qobuz and here's my feature request.

Please offer DXD albums for purchase and download. This should be doable without needing any investment into the streaming platform. That can stay limited to 24/192kHz.

This is the album in question:

https://www.prostudiomasters.com/search?cs=1&q=Amanda+martinez#x

Thanks for listening

Rudi

Just use a VPN to register, use any US address and order at PSM. Once you get the album in your cart,  you don't need the VPN

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 2 weeks later...

I’d love to see better discovery, cleaner artist library (releases sorted by categories - EP, comp, albums), a connect function like Tidal and Spotify have and last but not least, not being taken back to the top of the page after hitting the back button (desktop app only) 😁

18 hours ago, RBO said:

I’d love to see better discovery, cleaner artist library (releases sorted by categories - EP, comp, albums), a connect function like Tidal and Spotify have and last but not least, not being taken back to the top of the page after hitting the back button (desktop app only) 😁

Hi,

This content will arrive. :D

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Hi just came back from a long trip, where I used qobuz as the main source.
For the preparation I had downloaded a couple of special Albums and some playlists I found interesting.
I noticed then that under the Album listing section I now find some 800 albums I did not chose myself, which are there due to the tags of the files in the playlist I would guess.
Would it be possible to keep purchased and downloaded albums seperated from playlist files showing up in that view/listing for the offline library?
Thanx in advance, Tom

31 minutes ago, RBO said:

@David Craff Just came home and installed the update which claims scroll memory has been improved for some pages. Played around a little bit wit the app and no joy. Which pages are these?

It's for page whithout more content to load like discover page.

Next step will be to apply this on all page even if we add content while scrolling on the page.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

12 minutes ago, David Craff said:

It's for page whithout more content to load like discover page.

Next step will be to apply this on all page even if we add content while scrolling on the page.

Thanks for the quick replies David. 

On 5/1/2021 at 11:41 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Is there something Spotify does that’s different from the others, with respect to its business model?

Good question and, if there are differences, maybe it is subtle? 

We've all said it before: Amazon, Google and Apple's music streaming can be losses (strategic) for a variety of reasons whereas Spotify's main business is streaming, data and ad platform? 

Qobuz and TIDAL seem to have a more singular model but I could be completely wrong on this.

I sure do like how Qobuz is a smaller company. I'll renew with them when my year is over.

On 6/16/2021 at 10:05 PM, DuckToller said:

Hi just came back from a long trip, where I used qobuz as the main source.
For the preparation I had downloaded a couple of special Albums and some playlists I found interesting.
I noticed then that under the Album listing section I now find some 800 albums I did not chose myself, which are there due to the tags of the files in the playlist I would guess.
Would it be possible to keep purchased and downloaded albums seperated from playlist files showing up in that view/listing for the offline library?
Thanx in advance, Tom

@David Craff
 Hi, you may have missed that question?