1 hour ago, rando said:

Ignorance of pop fluff distractions en route to desired section?  Absolutely, even with your nonsensical preconditioning of 'scene' and relics.

There are fewer more pompous statements than the ole “my music is better than yours.” What will you say next, you heard of the band long before me?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Honestly, the whole discussion seems at the very least bizarre. We are all here on a forum where people are discussing different issues with people, not relying on machine-generated answers. People probably still believe that machines don't have all the answers. But some of the people are already prepared to accept a very unfortunate prospect to rely on machine-generated world. I don't, I'm sorry, I'd like to remain human.

41 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Seriously? May I ask which part of your body/mind organism influences your choices more than your head?

You are talking about choosing to listen to an artist/album.

I am talking about discovering an artist/album for the first time.

Completely different things.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

8 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

You are talking about choosing to listen to an artist/album.

I am talking about discovering an artist/album for the first time.

Completely different things.

Perhaps our disagreement is based on the fact that, for me, discovering a new artist/album has always been based on reading, comparing, asking and searching independently rather than following an algorithm. Algorithms have always seemed too primitive to me, can't help it in any way. Yes, it requires some effort. Is this a problem?

8 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Dolly Parton wrote I Will Always Love You and Jolene in a single day. The songs were quite easy for her to write. Perhaps she should’ve made things more difficult for herself so I Will Always Love You could’ve sold more than the existing 20,000,000 copies. 

There are also some terrible songs that too decades to write, through a lot of effort. 

Hmm, perhaps your theory is a bit off. 

And Keith Richards was picking tunes straight from the space in front of him, without any effort, according to his own words. But that's not what we're talking about. Whether we leave it to the machine to choose what we will listen, or whether we leave it to ourselves. 

By the way, Brahms was doing and re-doing his first Symphony couple of decades, lot of efforts, and it did paid off, imo.

12 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

I can't speak for anyone else but I chose what I listen to.

With a little help from a machine or from your friends?

After your edit: We are going around in circles. Please spare me the need for further answers. No hard feelings, ok?

16 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

With a little help from a machine or from your friends?

I don't have any "real world" friends who share my tastes in music so I discover music in a number of other ways:

1. Artists that I already have in my large digital library (173,918 tracks)

2. Albums/artists recommended on sites like this, especially by folks who appear to like the same music that I do such as @JoeWhip

3. Albums/artists that I encounter in magazines such as Gramophone, Jazz Times, Stereophile, The Absolute Sound, Hi-Fi News & Record Review

4. Albums/artists that are recommended to me by "the machine"

The order above is also the value that I place on these recommendations in descending order.

11 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Perhaps we are talking about different kind of music. I have never managed to see an automatically generated recommendation of another version of the Goldberg Variations which would worth listening.

Makes sense. I think computer generated recommendations work better for non-classical music.

11 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Perhaps we are talking about different kind of music. I have never managed to see an automatically generated recommendation of another version of the Goldberg Variations which would worth listening.

Based on that longitudinal study with a huge sample size, let’s get rid of all AI. 

Only kidding. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

There are fewer more pompous statements than the ole “my music is better than yours.” What will you say next, you heard of the band long before me?

Chris, you misunderstood.  It's taking a bit of effort, but I really don't think explaining would have any meaningful impact on your understanding. 

Your dadpants are firmly rising upwards.

On 1/7/2020 at 2:52 PM, RolandGo said:

Any time table for this, David? It seems somewhat peculiar that a streaming service is not able to have music streamed when used in a car. Not mentioning the competitors, but, well, they have had this feature for quite a while now. 🤷‍♂️

On 1/7/2020 at 3:28 PM, David Craff said:

No news for this feature. We are able to offer you streaming in your car but unfortunately not yet. 

Unfortunately not all streaming services have the same resources.

Regards

@David Craff

Any news on streaming in the car?