IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

6 hours ago, rossco said:

I did see somewhere, although I cannot find it now, that this 'Performance' setting sets the clock rate to 600mHz, and I also remember seeing someone saying they had manually set their processor speed to 700mHz, presumably not in the GUI though. Does the performance setting do this? I know I need ot listen more before but is this something else to consider, if still geting pop's and crackles occasionally?

@rossco I'd just try the setting first before worrying about more - it fixed the issue for me and previously fixed it for at least a couple of other posters here late last year too... I think you'll find it will most likely solve your problem...  🙂

Hi-Fi 1: QNAP HS-453DX NAS+QLMS; Allo USBridge Signature+Shanti LPS; Cirrus ESS Sabre 32-bit Reference DAC (Oppo 105D); Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000; Focal SM9 Monitors.
Hi-Fi 2: Squeezebox Touch+Shanti LPS; Focal XS Book powered speakers.
Hi-Fi 3: Squeezebox Transporter; Focal XS Book powered speakers.
Hi-Fi 4: PC+Squeezelite-X with Material Skin; Focal XS Book powered speakers.
Head-Fi: Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 LE Headphones.
Accessories: iPeng (on iPhones & iPad); Tchernov Classic & Van den Hul ICs; Blue Jeans & Ruleconnect Cables (Power, HDMI, USB & Coaxial); Thor PS10 Power Station; Aurios & Vibrapods.

On 2/2/2020 at 6:47 AM, rossco said:

I have been using by USBridge Sig and Shanti to power a Mytek Liberty DAC and had a few issues with pops and crackles, I minimised this by using an earlier kernel as advised by Allo. Anyway, now I have just purchased a Topping D90 balanced DAC which has a different chip in it. I therefore upgraded Dietpi to the latest version, 6.28.0. I need to have the NAA running as I use HQ Player, and I don't think there is other software that supports it on the Sig. The CPU govenor is 'OnDemand' at the moment.

I have had a few listening sessions and it sounds good, however I think I might still be able to hear the odd pop and crackle but its hard to be sure.

Is there anything else I can do to minimuse pops/crackles?

You can try this software

gentooplayer

Link takes you to end of thread.

In the last 5-10 pages, there is discussion of using this sw and eliminating the pops from usbridge sig

I was able to get dietpi to be pop free, but I like gentooplayer better.

11 hours ago, allo.com said:

Maximum input voltage is 5.3V

So whats the verdict? Is it not possible to use a 6V sealedlead acid battery? Will it burn up?

Don't think USBridge Sig is for me then, I rather buy a used ultraRendu or something similar that can be run from battery.

Hi

We designed the Usbridge for a 5V supply , while you can slightly go higher , I would not recommend to use more than 5.6V as you might fry your unit. The only way to use batteries is to have an LDO after them . Of course the alternative is to use our , rather good, Shanti dual LPS

We are releasing the new ethernet driver to all players , its very stable and compatible with 100% of all switches (so far tested by us and a few customers that specific SW , like Cisco 2960.

19 hours ago, MagnusH said:

I could always add my own linear power regulator in-front (I have one for 5v), but it would be nice if it could be run on battery without that. Some competitors to Allo have like 5-9V input range, but maybe the fact that Allo now sells a LPS has something to do with it.

But still, how much power does an Allo USBridge Sig typically require for normal operation (no USB powering, no HDMI, no WiFi, no BT)? 

In most cases we are reading around 1.3A slightly more on booting .

13 hours ago, randytsuch said:

You can try this software

gentooplayer

Link takes you to end of thread.

In the last 5-10 pages, there is discussion of using this sw and eliminating the pops from usbridge sig

I was able to get dietpi to be pop free, but I like gentooplayer better.

Thank you, I will have a read. I need to listen a bit more with Dietpi, as I just changed to the 'performance' setting. I think you originally recommeded manually setting your CPU, speed, was that right? Did you take any other action in terms of getting dietpi pop free?

I will read up a bit of gentooplayer, I need to see if it does NAA, as I do use HQ Player.

35 minutes ago, allo.com said:

We are releasing the new ethernet driver to all players , its very stable and compatible with 100% of all switches (so far tested by us and a few customers that specific SW , like Cisco 2960.

Cool, I'm running PiCorePlayer v6 beta from here:
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?110727-BETA-piCorePlayer6-0-0-PI4-support

What should I do if I want to test this new driver with PiCorePlayer?

Thanks

4 hours ago, rossco said:

Thank you, I will have a read. I need to listen a bit more with Dietpi, as I just changed to the 'performance' setting. I think you originally recommeded manually setting your CPU, speed, was that right? Did you take any other action in terms of getting dietpi pop free?

I will read up a bit of gentooplayer, I need to see if it does NAA, as I do use HQ Player.

Yes, I manually set CPU speed in dietpi and got rid of pops.

I use hqp4, I'm only getting pops at 256.  Gentooplayer supports naa as well as other players.

27 minutes ago, randytsuch said:

Yes, I manually set CPU speed in dietpi and got rid of pops.

I use hqp4, I'm only getting pops at 256.  Gentooplayer supports naa as well as other players.

What speed did you set the CPU to?

I also use HQ player4 desktop, and I am currently trying DSD 512. I have only listened a bit though with it set to performance, although I think I heard at least one pop, although its difficult to be sure. I have downloaded Gentooplayer now.

1 hour ago, rossco said:

I should also say, I am running Dietpi v6.28.0 and I have the  updated Asix driver (version: v0.1.4) running too.

My dietpi config info here

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendor-s-bazaar/337859-shanti-dual-lps-5v-3a-5v-1-5a-92.html#post5963277

You might want to try the 7ec or 5ec mods at dsd256.  Takes a high end PC, I7 or I9 at high clock speed.

I never run 512 myself, current processors can't do 512 with the ec mods.

35 minutes ago, randytsuch said:

You might want to try the 7ec or 5ec mods at dsd256.  Takes a high end PC, I7 or I9 at high clock speed.

I never run 512 myself, current processors can't do 512 with the ec mod

They are on my list to try. Right now, I am running AMSDM7+512 and it runs fairly well. As you say, my overlcocked (5ghz) i7 9700 was no match for 7ec at DSD512.

37 minutes ago, randytsuch said:

and thanks for this!

I think my plan of attack is, listen for pops. If hear some, adjust the CPU freq. If that does not work, then GenToo. When I get a bit more time, I will try it anyway. I did a quick hours listening earlier and not heard a pop yet. I am sat with the Gentooplayer loaded memory card next to me.

I did some listening last night and getting pops and crackles, I am not sure why it seems more prevalent right now.

I have also tried increasing the speed of the PCU using @randytsuch's approach - see screenshots. But still pops and crackles, although maybe a bit better. I guess its time to try gentooplayer.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

image.png.bdce5dbbfac7967b4a1de68f92b2ceca.pngimage.png.6e91c832153d659737ac09a8dfbf072f.png

One thing you could try is to play with your players CPU affinity and priority settings through DietPi-Launcher -> DietPi-services. I finally managed to get rid of pops with HQPlayer network audio daemon changing that player to higher priority and making one of the cores just dedicated for NAA (it's not possible completely via dietpi-services tool, but it seemed to help). Unfortunately I don't have DietPi installed at the moment, so can't check exact settings.

However, I didi this with DietPi 6.26.X version and only had NAA installed, no other players and everything possible uninstalled. I would remove those force_turbo and freq setting and just use default "performance" mode when doing those dietpi-services changes...

edit. I remember that I also changed some schedule setting to FIFO method.

Hallo Dear  Allo Team,

What is the status of DiepPi nowadays which version reliable and tested. I am still using the " Old 6.18.14  " version without any problems. Running only HQ-Player software and use the Signature only as NAA for Hq-player

On this forum was stated be sure to load Allo’s most current Ethernet drivers as they recently solved a widespread compatabily issue that affected connections to 100Mbps connections and hi-res data for USBridge Signature users.

Please inform us all by return.

Very best regards Andreas

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

Dear allo Team,

Referring earlier message. It is little bit confusing.

On your own webpage you mention version 4.19.97 as latest version.

On the DietPi website is shown the 6.18 version.

Is it safe to do the update via SSH command? And what to the Update via the Dietpi or the Allo Signature update.

I am flabbergasted now

1923809771_Schermafbeelding2020-02-07om20_11_23.jpg.bc063d29f7accdf14daa4176b97a0e72.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2020-02-07 om 20.08.52.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2020-02-07 om 20.16.56.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2020-02-07 om 20.18.29.jpg

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

On 2/4/2020 at 3:31 AM, MagnusH said:

So whats the verdict? Is it not possible to use a 6V sealedlead acid battery? Will it burn up?

Don't think USBridge Sig is for me then, I rather buy a used ultraRendu or something similar that can be run from battery.

My Usbridge Sig works well when powered by 5V 1A Bakoon BPS 2 battery (no HDMI, no bluetooth, no Usb storage).

14 minutes ago, henke said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect a USB to ethernet adapter to the clean usb port and bridge it straight to an UPnP DLNA ethernet audio renderer? I guess it might depend on OS? Im using moode right now.

It's unclear to me why would you do that...if you are running Moode on the USBridge, you already have a UPnP audio renderer... why would you connect it to another one? Am I missing something?

so... you just don't need an Allo USBridge 😜 

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

12 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

so... you just don't need an Allo USBridge 😜 

I already have one, planning on getting the UPnP render and I think the USBRidge might be a good platform to stream from, low noise etc and bridged mode has bringed audio improvements according to different users in NUCs etc. Hard to get a straight answer;)

On 2/8/2020 at 12:51 AM, ambre said:

Dear allo Team,

Referring earlier message. It is little bit confusing.

On your own webpage you mention version 4.19.97 as latest version.

On the DietPi website is shown the 6.18 version.

Is it safe to do the update via SSH command? And what to the Update via the Dietpi or the Allo Signature update.

I am flabbergasted now

1923809771_Schermafbeelding2020-02-07om20_11_23.jpg.bc063d29f7accdf14daa4176b97a0e72.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2020-02-07 om 20.08.52.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2020-02-07 om 20.16.56.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2020-02-07 om 20.18.29.jpg

Forwarded PM please check

On 2/8/2020 at 12:35 AM, ambre said:

Hallo Dear  Allo Team,

What is the status of DiepPi nowadays which version reliable and tested. I am still using the " Old 6.18.14  " version without any problems. Running only HQ-Player software and use the Signature only as NAA for Hq-player

On this forum was stated be sure to load Allo’s most current Ethernet drivers as they recently solved a widespread compatabily issue that affected connections to 100Mbps connections and hi-res data for USBridge Signature users.

Please inform us all by return.

Very best regards Andreas

Dietpi Allo web GUI image with Asix driver v2.0.0 is available on below link.

http://3.230.113.73:9011/Allocom/DietPi/DietPi_v6.26m1_RPi-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.img.7z