IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

5 hours ago, Audio_Allo said:

Dietpi Allo web GUI image with Asix driver v2.0.0 is available on below link.

http://3.230.113.73:9011/Allocom/DietPi/DietPi_v6.26m1_RPi-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.img.7z

Dear Allo Team,

many thanks😀

It took some time to investigate and solve the network issues........ but back on track again.🤠

As mentioned by shang_2000 and also in the Allo WebGui stated a new update is available. Namely 6.28.  Can we update that too?

Ps. In the “old days “ we could update by means of the Allo WebGui and nowadays we have to that by means of ssh etc. Please add/incorporate again  this customer and layman friendly feature.

Very best regards, Andreas

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

13 hours ago, shang_2000 said:

My dietpi shows 6.28. Can I upgrade the network card driver separately?@Audio_Allo

It's been confirmed to me on the DietPi Forum that the v6.27 update and subsequent v6.28 DietPi should already include Allo's driver update...

Hi-Fi 1: QNAP HS-453DX NAS+QLMS; Allo USBridge Signature+Shanti LPS; Cirrus ESS Sabre 32-bit Reference DAC (Oppo 105D); Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000; Focal SM9 Monitors.
Hi-Fi 2: Squeezebox Touch+Shanti LPS; Focal XS Book powered speakers.
Hi-Fi 3: Squeezebox Transporter; Focal XS Book powered speakers.
Hi-Fi 4: PC+Squeezelite-X with Material Skin; Focal XS Book powered speakers.
Head-Fi: Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 LE Headphones.
Accessories: iPeng (on iPhones & iPad); Tchernov Classic & Van den Hul ICs; Blue Jeans & Ruleconnect Cables (Power, HDMI, USB & Coaxial); Thor PS10 Power Station; Aurios & Vibrapods.

12 hours ago, Mycenius said:

It's been confirmed to me on the DietPi Forum that the v6.27 update and subsequent v6.28 DietPi should already include Allo's driver update...

Thanks have done also update to 6.28 not strange happened till now 😃

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

De

1 hour ago, shang_2000 said:

6.28 not include Allo's driver 2.0.0 update

Dear Allo team, please clarify 

i have update as suggested  by means of the 6.26 M download including  newest drivers.

Than updated  to 6.28. Is the Asix driver v2.0.0 included ( Yes/ No )?

Best regards,

12 hours ago, ambre said:

De

Dear Allo team, please clarify 

i have update as suggested  by means of the 6.26 M download including  newest drivers.

Than updated  to 6.28. Is the Asix driver v2.0.0 included ( Yes/ No )?

Best regards,

you can update asix driver in moode 6.4.1

ssh or terminal login using OS credentials

cd /usr/src/

wget http://3.230.113.73:9011/Allocom/asix2v0/install.sh

sh install.sh

On 2/12/2020 at 4:25 AM, shang_2000 said:

you can update asix driver in moode 6.4.1

ssh or terminal login using OS credentials

cd /usr/src/

wget http://3.230.113.73:9011/Allocom/asix2v0/install.sh

sh install.sh

Thanks for reply.

I ordered my Allo USBridge Sig on 1/30/20.  I wasn’t paying attention when I ordered so I’m receiving the default Moode OS instead of Diet Pi + Allo GUI.

When I realized my mistake the next day, it was already too late as Allo said my unit had shipped one day after I ordered.  Curious their website says: "Due to high demand orders will ship in 3 to 5 days."  Not in my case.

Nonetheless, nearly two weeks after order placement, my USBridge is now negotiating US Customs.  I didn’t realize the item shipped from India, not that it matters, but the only two shipment options are expensive and more expensive, and slow.

My plan is to load RoPieee as the OS.  I’m using RoPieee on two Raspberry Pi’s with great results.  My intent for the Allo USBridge is to be used as a Roon endpoint only, so hopefully my install will come off without issue. 

My assumption is the process for adding the Allo USBridge to my Roon network will be exactly the same as adding a (RoPieee OS) Raspberry Pi.  Am I missing anything? 

Anxiously waiting…

3 minutes ago, John Eaton said:

I ordered my Allo USBridge Sig on 1/30/20.  I wasn’t paying attention when I ordered so I’m receiving the default Moode OS instead of Diet Pi + Allo GUI.

When I realized my mistake the next day, it was already too late as Allo said my unit had shipped one day after I ordered.  Curious their website says: "Due to high demand orders will ship in 3 to 5 days."  Not in my case.

Nonetheless, nearly two weeks after order placement, my USBridge is now negotiating US Customs.  I didn’t realize the item shipped from India, not that it matters, but the only two shipment options are expensive and more expensive, and slow.

My plan is to load RoPieee as the OS.  I’m using RoPieee on two Raspberry Pi’s with great results.  My intent for the Allo USBridge is to be used as a Roon endpoint only, so hopefully my install will come off without issue. 

My assumption is the process for adding the Allo USBridge to my Roon network will be exactly the same as adding a (RoPieee OS) Raspberry Pi.  Am I missing anything? 

Anxiously waiting…

Yep, it comes from India and it's a bit slow, but that's just the reality of the situation.

Flash Ropieee to your card, boot it up, set it up, and listen.

16 minutes ago, dontfeedphils said:

Flash Ropieee to your card, boot it up, set it up, and listen.

Flash RoPiee to your card, boot it up, set it up, forget about it and just listen ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

My USBridge and Shanty hit customs Wednesday and according to USPS Tracking its still there and USPS has yet to provide an estimated delivery date.

The Allo website says delivery in 6 to 10 days when using EMS.  I'm at 16 days and counting.

I guess I should have spent the extra 17 bucks and  sprung for the FedEx option.  

Interestingly the difference between EMS and FedEx is only about a $1.20 if one orders the Allo USBridge Sig without the Shanty.

I remain anxiously waiting.

On 2/19/2020 at 1:23 PM, totlsota said:

Has anyone done a comparison vs the Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra?

I have seen comparisons of the Pro-ject streamer v the older USBridge, but not yet this one. 

The Signature is much better in combination with Shanti supply than the ' Old' UsBridge with dual supply (=Ifi and Sbooster).  Within 30 seconds you hear the improvement in detail especially transparency some brightness too. 

Running only as NAA and upsampling in DSD by means of HqPlayer.

My Allo USBridge Sig and Shanti arrived yesterday.  I loaded RoPieee as I’m running two other trouble free RoPieee/RPi zones, thus I have some familiarity.  With the new Allo zone configured and enabled within Roon, my Allo USBridge, connected to my first generation Mytek Brooklyn worked perfectly.  I encountered no pops clicks or other rude noises.  Just like when I had my Roon core PC directly USB connected to the Brooklyn DAC, all resolutions including 24bit 192kHz, DSD256, and MQA files played without issue.

Many hours of critical listening to come, but my initial impression is very positive.  I think my digital listening experience will be elevated to a smoother more involving plane with less fatiguing and longer listening sessions .

One question is my power LED is green, but the activity (ACT) LED is flashing orange.  I that correct?

4 minutes ago, John Eaton said:

Many hours of critical listening to come, but my initial impression is very positive.  I think my digital listening experience will be elevated to a smoother more involving plane with less fatiguing and longer listening sessions .

One question is my power LED is green, but the activity (ACT) LED is flashing orange.  I that correct?

Yes with Ropieee it is supersmooth! The led flashing is normal for Ropieee. 

5 minutes ago, John Eaton said:

my power LED is green, but the activity (ACT) LED is flashing orange.  I that correct?

yes!

you can disable the flashing orange one in RoPiee ;)

pity the green LED, being so bright, is the really annoying one 🙄

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones