IGNORED

Bits is bits?

7 hours ago, firedog said:

Funny. Such low interest that you continually respond to me on multiple threads. 

Only because you deliberately try to shut me down or try to get Chris to shut me down.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

6 hours ago, marce said:

Why not read the article and comment on the points instead of the usual rants?

When  will you E.Es and your followers get it through your thick heads that people listen to music with their ears, not frigging test equipment ?

One thing for sure, is that nobody in their right mind would ask any of you, or Archimago to do an equipment review for publication.  ! 

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

9 minutes ago, sandyk said:

When  will you E.Es and your followers get it through your thick heads that people listen to music with their ears, not frigging test equipment ?

One thing for sure, is that nobody in their right mind would ask any of you, or Archimago to do an equipment review for publication.  ! 

Are you still selling those "I Hate Science" T-shirts?

I might buy some for grad. students to wear

2 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Are you still selling those "I Hate Science" T-shirts?

I might buy some for grad. students to wear

I think they actually say "I Don't Give A Rat's Anus About Science"

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

9 hours ago, STC said:

Exact modal of the NAD?. I will start  the process one by one as you instruct and post the pictures here, before and after measurements and audio sample. Just don’t tell me after I have done all, it will only work with your Sharp speakers. Ok?

You are so far from having the right perspective on what's going on ... it's quite obvious that no matter how carefully you follow any "instructions", that you would still have no success; the aim is not to follow a knitting pattern, but to diagnose and 'repair'.

4 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

You need to take a couple of days off.  Work up some circuits and stay off the internet.

Maybe some filter circuits would be a good idea.

A filter for your crap could be a worthwhile pursuit.

Anyway, I have had enough of these childish games in this thread from the same mob that attempts to disrupt all Subjective discussions in what is an Audiophile forum, NOT an offshoot of Hydrogen Audio.  

14 minutes ago, mansr said:

That's just too funny.

I only know of one E.E. in this forum who is able to be taken seriously with Equipment reviews, and it sure ain't you !!!

11 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I only know of one E.E. in this forum who is able to be taken seriously with Equipment reviews, and it sure ain't you !!!

This appears to be more of a compliment than an insult.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

18 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

This appears to be more of a compliment than an insult.

It is a compliment for George Graves, who unlike Mansr and Marce has a proven track record with his hearing  abilities as a paid reviewer , and also professionally records Classical Music .

E.E. John Dyson can also run rings around the lot of you with his proven hearing abilities, and more open investigative mind.

41 minutes ago, fas42 said:

You are so far from having the right perspective on what's going on ... it's quite obvious that no matter how carefully you follow any "instructions", that you would still have no success; the aim is not to follow a knitting pattern, but to diagnose and 'repair'.

In short, there is nothing you could offer. Not even the NAD model and for some strange reasons not a single photograph of your magic. 

9 hours ago, psjug said:

Most of the NAD integrated amps have external connections to the pre and power sections.  If you are bypassing everything why don't you just go straight into the power amp?

Because I'm using the NAD as the power amp. My first competent rig used just a CDP driving the power amp - simplicity was a key ingredient for getting the right SQ; here the elements are NAD CDP, integrated, driving speakers - I like what the NAD power stages are doing for giving me good sound, so I need to eliminate the useless stuff.

2 minutes ago, STC said:

In short, there is nothing you could offer. Not even the NAD model and for some strange reasons not a single photograph of your magic. 

Come on, ST ... I've posted the model no. several times, even posted photos of examples of the units on your repair thread. You see, I'm one of those strange people who have an aversion to taking 5,000 photos of everything that's going on in my life, every day - I've burned out on playing with technology; I do the absolute bare minimum to get something done, and take no pleasure in making records of everything ...

10 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

Yeah, well I’m not going to argue with you because in the end we probably agree about far more than we disagree about. Just to note I was a little careful in my word selection, stating that you can make a nice purse out a sows ear, which is absolutely true.....that lovely soft leather. Its not a silk purse....as you can’t change pigskin into silk, obviously. 

In the crazy, topsy-turvy world of audio, highly crafted examples of relatively crude technology, tarted up to the max, is put on top of the pedestal; while cheap versions of far superior electronics, in the design sense, is right at the bottom of the pecking order - implementation is the killer factor in all this ... the car world is vastly more sensible, and usually you do get what you pay for, :).

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

A filter for your crap could be a worthwhile pursuit.

Anyway, I have had enough of these childish games in this thread from the same mob that attempts to disrupt all Subjective discussions in what is an Audiophile forum, NOT an offshoot of Hydrogen Audio.  

Please point out ONE stmt. I have made that is "crap" 

You cannot do it.

I hope you can get treatment for your verbal incontinence.

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

It is a compliment for George Graves, who unlike Mansr and Marce has a proven track record with his hearing  abilities as a paid reviewer , and also professionally records Classical Music .

George has said he is a Recording Engineer.  What makes you think he is an E.E.??

50 minutes ago, STC said:

One more time stating the modal would not make the internet to shut down. 

Mention was made of "communicable diseases" in a recent thread - laziness is obviously a regular one passed around ...

Let's try and make this the last one, hmmm,

43 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Please point out ONE stmt. I have made that is "crap" 

You cannot do it.

I hope you can get treatment for your verbal incontinence.

DELETED . You aren't worth risking getting banned for.