IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

30 minutes ago, Chopin75 said:

Off current topic,  but want to confirm that Euphony Stylus can do native DSD correct ? Can it do DSD512 ?

I have tried DSD 256 with DoP and also native DSD with my Marantz SA-10 used as USB DAC.  However, specific to my DAC, when native DSD is used, there are some problems switching from PCM to DSD - it caused the DAC to freeze.  Adding DAC delay does not help either.  So I just use DoP since I can't tell if there is any SQ difference.

I don't know about DSD 512.  There is no studio recordings done natively in DSD 512.  DSD 512 albums being sold today are all upsampled, even though some companies called it remodulation.

Please note that the latest version of Euphony has dynamic native DSD.  email reply I received from Željko on Sept 11th:

"We implemented dynamic support for DSD native playback - we won't need to recompile kernel anymore in order to support DSD Native playback for new DACs.

Go to Card Info dialog and notice new UI for setting your card DSD format - click set and then power off/on the DAC or just detach and reattach it."

Music server builder

3 hours ago, bobfa said:

Go to the following website for Euphony and put in a support ticket:

https://euphony-audio.com/hesk/

Hi Bob,

I did this two days ago, as well as notifying Qobuz. Euphony responded within an hour, Qobuz no response.

As far as the JRiver part goes, the Quboz application offered it as a connection. It just couldn't let go of wanting to connect to the computer monitor speakers. The Quboz app seems to think JRiver is an option.

On 10/5/2019 at 11:24 PM, Anwar said:

I have tried DSD 256 with DoP and also native DSD with my Marantz SA-10 used as USB DAC.  However, specific to my DAC, when native DSD is used, there are some problems switching from PCM to DSD - it caused the DAC to freeze.  Adding DAC delay does not help either.  So I just use DoP since I can't tell if there is any SQ difference.

I don't know about DSD 512.  There is no studio recordings done natively in DSD 512.  DSD 512 albums being sold today are all upsampled, even though some companies called it remodulation.

Please note that the latest version of Euphony has dynamic native DSD.  email reply I received from Željko on Sept 11th:

"We implemented dynamic support for DSD native playback - we won't need to recompile kernel anymore in order to support DSD Native playback for new DACs.

Go to Card Info dialog and notice new UI for setting your card DSD format - click set and then power off/on the DAC or just detach and reattach it."

Hmm, I need to first figure out how to do DSD native then. I still need to upgrade my euphony to V3 ! Much delayed. 

On 9/24/2019 at 9:43 AM, davide256 said:

Trying to resolve an issue with wordless choral harmony, wondering what the effect would be if I upgraded from an 8i3 to 7/8 i7 NUC. Can anyone share their experience

in improvements made from like upgrade?

Have to believe problem is either there or the DAC. Will disclose the symptom later, don't want to bias any response.

As to the issue experienced, I'm hearing low level harmonic dissonance on wordless vocal harmony, oddly this isn't a problem with  vocal harmony

that uses sung lyrics. I've ordered a NUC8i7BEH1, will see if that changes things. Soundtracks such as Avatar, A Beautiful Mind, Alice Through the Looking Glass

just don't sound right on wordless vocal harmony.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

As Stylus users know, Qobuz streaming through Stylus has been broken for the last 3 days, due to Qobuz revoking app_id's and requiring all API users (like Euphony) to revalidate their status as good guys, rather than "bad actors" with Qobuz.

Last I heard, emails were flying, but there appears to be no resolution. 

I sure hope this gets resolved soon, because Qobuz access through Stylus is a critical use case for me. I'm sure that's true for others.

I am right there with you. I tried to get the Qobuz app to work on my pc but it would be easier to make new recordings of everything I listen to than to accomplish that. What a nightmare. The day the service went out I had just paid for a year sub. Bah. I miss it.

3 hours ago, austinpop said:

As Stylus users know, Qobuz streaming through Stylus has been broken for the last 3 days, due to Qobuz revoking app_id's and requiring all API users (like Euphony) to revalidate their status as good guys, rather than "bad actors" with Qobuz.

Last I heard, emails were flying, but there appears to be no resolution. 

I sure hope this gets resolved soon, because Qobuz access through Stylus is a critical use case for me. I'm sure that's true for others.

I am also an Euphony user who accesses Qobuz through my Euphony music server and I am upset that I cannot access Qobuz because of this problem-issue. What is causing the lack of resolution of this problem-issue?

Jeff.

10 hours ago, austinpop said:

Unclear.

poor change control management on the part of Qobuz?? We always agonized  about taking users out of service with changes when I was a product manager,

regardless of whether the solution impacted was 3rd party. There would need to be strong legal reasons for this to be done without appropriate notification and

time for 3rd party apps to re-certify before the change impacted user service...

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

5 minutes ago, davide256 said:

poor change control management on the part of Qobuz?? We always agonized  about taking users out of service with changes when I was a product manager,

regardless of whether the solution impacted was 3rd party. There would need to be strong legal reasons for this to be done without appropriate notification and

time for 3rd party apps to re-certify before the change impacted user service...

This whole thing has been managed rather poorly by Qobuz. I can understand their panic upon discovering they were being ripped off by bad actors using their API. However, they seem to be taking their own sweet time to resolve it with their legitimate partners. Very frustrating for us users.

35 minutes ago, austinpop said:

This whole thing has been managed rather poorly by Qobuz. I can understand their panic upon discovering they were being ripped off by bad actors using their API. However, they seem to be taking their own sweet time to resolve it with their legitimate partners. Very frustrating for us users.

I am betting that they are getting heat from both the consumer and the provider side.  They could be in contract violation with the music labels!  This is not a fun place for them to be.  (Or us).   This feels like an instantiation of the major risks of connected/cloud/services.    I can imagine the losses of revenue that they may be experiencing.  I wonder if they can measure it? 

I would be very interested to be in the after-action meeting when they get this cleaned up.  I was wrong about my initial assumption of some sort of SQL injection attack. This is worse, theft of services, WHEW.    Is it bad API design, is it bad software design?  

If I was Tidal/Spotify/others I  would be looking at this VERY CAREFULLY! VERY!

7 minutes ago, bobfa said:

I am betting that they are getting heat from both the consumer and the provider side.  They could be in contract violation with the music labels!  This is not a fun place for them to be.  (Or us).   This feels like an instantiation of the major risks of connected/cloud/services.    I can imagine the losses of revenue that they may be experiencing.  I wonder if they can measure it? 

I would be very interested to be in the after-action meeting when they get this cleaned up.  I was wrong about my initial assumption of some sort of SQL injection attack. This is worse, theft of services, WHEW.    Is it bad API design, is it bad software design?  

If I was Tidal/Spotify/others I  would be looking at this VERY CAREFULLY! VERY!

Very good observations!

Here’s what worked for me:

- delete old Qobuz credentials under Library > Credentials

- reboot. Not sure why this was necessary for me

- login to Qobuz again.

Before we rejoice too much, I gathered from  Željko this was a workaround for the time being, while a proper solution is being worked out.

But for now, I’m enjoying Qobuz on Stylus, and realized once more how much better it sounds than Roon+StylusEP.

4 hours ago, bobfa said:

Hurray.  What did you have to do?

Wait for Euphony to get Qobuz to allow the data to flow.

I created a trouble ticket the moment I noticed the issue. They told me they were aware of the problem and had contacted Qobuz. Apparently something was worked out. No change on my end, no new software or upgrades. They asked me to "try it now" I did, and it worked.

I blame you Bob. :)

On 10/5/2019 at 11:24 PM, Anwar said:

Yah, native DSD does remodulated DSD512, whatever that means.  Now with the latest Euphony V3 I manage to do DSD native finally! And DSD512 only works with native DSD, and will try to convert to DSD256 if using DoP but it is not successful as no sound comes out. So DSD DoP indeed likely has higher content load and makes it difficult to pass through USB 2. I wonder if USB 3 would work better ?? Or maybe it won't matter ?

hi there

after adding a usb ethernet adaptor to my nuc in order to bridge the ethernet ports and connect one directly to my brinkmann nyquist dac my registered euphony version that was purchased some days ago became unregistered and several attempt to register using the code that was sent by mail ends up with an invalid code...please advice 

Zaki

29 minutes ago, mdzaki said:

hi there

after adding a usb ethernet adaptor to my nuc in order to bridge the ethernet ports and connect one directly to my brinkmann nyquist dac my registered euphony version that was purchased some days ago became unregistered and several attempt to register using the code that was sent by mail ends up with an invalid code...please advice 

Zaki

When you register Euphony, it takes the MAC address of the NIC and generate a footprint code based on that. If you then disable the NIC, the license would not work. Have you disabled the original NIC you used when you registered Euphony. 

Industry disclosure: 

Dealer for: Taiko Audio, Aries Cerat, Audio Mirror, Sean Jacobs

https://chicagohifi.com