IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

3 hours ago, Smaragdhk said:

What is it that you're missing with your Roon Rock based NUC10I5FNHN2? I put mine in an HDplex fanless chassis and power with a LPS ... sounds wonderful, then again I don't need I2S with my Marantz KI Ruby DAC...

I find the sound richer, with a bigger soundstage, more details and a more defined low in the I2S connection, with the Melco N100 player from the NUC.

Roon Rock (NUC10I5FNHN2)>Neotech NEET-1008 Ethernet Silver>UpTone EtherREGEN>Supra CAT8>UpTone EtherREGEN>Audioquest cat 700 Carbon>Melco N100>USB DIY>Rockna Wavelight>Mamalos Cables The Elite XLR Nanotubes>Mark Levinson No 380S>RAMM Elite8 XLR>ATC SMC 40A. Power Supply: Ferrum Hypsos, HDplex 300W.

12 minutes ago, kostas6a3 said:

I'm sorry but I can't understand you.

What exactly is the disadvantage of pci slots?

Several on the forum are using DIY servers and using Pink Faun's and JCAT's bridges with great results.

I don't know what the inside of the summus is like and I'm not trying to copy it. I have no doubt that this is a great build but I find it a bit overpriced.

We are not speaking the same english.euphony summus server and renderer does NOT have pci slots.This is a bad thing,bad

15 minutes ago, danielB said:

We are not speaking the same english.euphony summus server and renderer does NOT have pci slots.This is a bad thing,bad

Sorry, I see your point now.

Roon Rock (NUC10I5FNHN2)>Neotech NEET-1008 Ethernet Silver>UpTone EtherREGEN>Supra CAT8>UpTone EtherREGEN>Audioquest cat 700 Carbon>Melco N100>USB DIY>Rockna Wavelight>Mamalos Cables The Elite XLR Nanotubes>Mark Levinson No 380S>RAMM Elite8 XLR>ATC SMC 40A. Power Supply: Ferrum Hypsos, HDplex 300W.

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, danielB said:

Got the firmware updated for pf usb bridge v2(Jord is a nice guy) and sounds like a major hardware update.

Anyway,Euphony is the best player to date.It can t do dsd 1024 over stylusEP or upnp but it can play dsd1024 native.

Glad you managed to get that sorted. That v2 firmware update is really something special, no looking back. 

15 hours ago, tom_on_wheels said:

While Euphony is not fun(ny) due to missing periodically upgrades and bugfixes you are making it funny, guys!

Euphony Stylus was supposed to be simplistic and streamlined software. If Euphony hadn’t hired a very talented coder who went beyond the basic requirements and implemented a lot of additional features, we wouldn’t be in this mess. But the source code is complicated now and said coder has a full-time job elsewhere. Now we get a little of his time — mostly for bugfixes —which is why the time between new updates stretches out so long. Euphony needs to find someone just as talented and put him/her to work.

I think I’ve said all this before. Apologies, I don’t have anything fun to add. I’ve been experimenting with different kernels to keep myself entertained with Euphony.

12 hours ago, flkin said:

Glad you managed to get that sorted. That v2 firmware update is really something special, no looking back. 

Picked up some echo here ;-).

Hello there, it's been a while! The release of the v2 firmware sounds exciting. Is it related to progress at Euphony or is it a Pink Faun initiative? Does it still resemble the fully customized version of Euphony Stylus OS you're used to as Pink Faun enthusiasts? I only recently noticed the Pink Faun screen having been accustomed to a single-screen Euphony view (some time ago).

Wishing you all happy listening!

- - - 

22-2048x1547.jpg

9 hours ago, flkin said:

Don’t know anything about the above customized PF Euphony screen split to 4. I used the generic version of Euphony that most here use. 

Hi Kin, 

Thank you for your elaboration.

On the PF website, they mention: "(...) A specially tailored edition of Euphony Stylus OS was crafted for the 2.16 ultra hardware platform. (...)" I'm uncertain about the user base for that interface; it appeared to be the default setup, perhaps limited to PCs only? I hadn't encountered it previously, that's all.

While I used to be involved with Euphony, I intermittently return here so your excitement about v2 sort of made me wonder if Euphony had something to do with it? At least it still sounds as good as it did a while ago I assume. This community has always been dynamic and full of surprises. Things changed abruptly once; they could certainly change for the better again. Who knows?

I've since shifted to INNUOS and presently Antipodes. I stumbled upon some reasonably priced used devices, and Antipodes method of integrating player boards and server boards with exceptional power and an excellent operating system proved difficult to outmatch with my own DIY setups and Euphony. As a bonus, there's a captivating and dynamic exchange brimming with surprises, thanks to the regular updates, on the Antipodes forum, which I frequently visit.

I primarily utilize their Squeeze to Squeeze option (LMS) mainly from SSD. However, I've enhanced my network and now enjoy Tidal and Qobuz within this same option. Roon doesn't sound as impressive to me (Roon to Squeeze option) but I've heard Roon has upcoming changes catering more to audiophiles while reducing the network dependency—something I still believe is the secret sauce, universally.

Cheers,

Paul

Below my screenshots, so you’ll get the idea.

IMG_0079.png

IMG_0078.png

IMG_0080.jpeg

On 3/1/2024 at 2:08 AM, Smaragdhk said:

Yup, hearing you loud and clear... where is everybody?

What I find very interesting is, after weeks of no posts here, I post “Testing Testing is this thing on?”. And I got a response in one minute. This indicates to me that I am not alone, looking at this thread, hoping that today will be the big day: A new post!

This is strange behavior for a forum thread! We talk about an amazing and enjoyable product here. But we don’t want to be pushy or needy so we all take two week naps.

All of us at the same time. Odd.

Hail Euphony!

Also, you folks who have added the V2 to your PF, do any of you have the V1 card also in place? I stumbled on a thread somewhere that the users were listing which songs sound best on which USB card, V1 or V2.  Apparently they are considered different flavors, that it’s fun to choose between them.

Options! Everyone wants options!  LOL 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I was on hiatus a bit, and now I’m thinking about moving to v4 from v3.

What do You say - no problem to do it now?

I read that were a lot of some problems with, so…  

Worth to move and pay subscription ?

TNX