IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

9 minutes ago, flkin said:

But overall 0531 is the best version to date for me, mostly stable and sounds fine.

For some reason, I like the sound of the beta v4.20230228

I also keep coming back to version 3 and realize that it has its own charm. So when my subscription to version 4 runs out, I'll stay with version 3 because I don't think the development of version 4 is worth the price of its subscription.

2 minutes ago, Smaragdhk said:

@an333 did you not have to forfeit your V3 license to be allowed the upgrade to V4? I recall most of us did…

No, I purchased a perpetual license of version 3 in the last month before the release of version 4, when they offered a free upgrade to version 4, but did not say that they were changing the licensing terms. So I kept version 3 and got 2 years of version 4. Now I realize that with this approach to development, it will not be worth extending version 4, but just stay on version 3 and enjoy...

I opened a ticket and I have some answers. The first thing is I can't make any updates if I run the OS from an USB stick, I need to install on an SSD.

Here's a quote frpm the manual:

"4.3.4 Install Install option is not available for unregistered installations. Install option is not available on systems made by this function or on pre-installed SSD drives. Install will perform Euphony installation/repair on another disk (not on your current running Euphony instance). If your first Euphony installation came to you as a USB image and you have a dedicated machine for use as Euphony system then you will probably want to have it on your machine’s hard disk. (You may also want to show Euphony to a friend and put it on his usb). You can perform such an installation here. (Note that installation from Euphony Web Application is faster and simpler than writing original Euphony image file to target disk). Install section will not be shown if there are no possible target devices attached (You cannot install it on disk from which you booted the system up.) If you go to the Settings screen and attach a device after that, refresh the page so the app can pick up changes)."

I have an average knwoledge about computers I installed several OS's through the years but this I can't understand.

Can anybody help me how can I this install section make it visible? I registred my OS but I'm in the trial period, is this a problem?

What this means: (Note that installation from Euphony Web Application is faster and simpler than writing original Euphony image file to target disk)

On 10/9/2023 at 10:54 AM, adamthebrave said:

I opened a ticket and I have some answers. The first thing is I can't make any updates if I run the OS from an USB stick, I need to install on an SSD.

Here's a quote frpm the manual:

"4.3.4 Install Install option is not available for unregistered installations. Install option is not available on systems made by this function or on pre-installed SSD drives. Install will perform Euphony installation/repair on another disk (not on your current running Euphony instance). If your first Euphony installation came to you as a USB image and you have a dedicated machine for use as Euphony system then you will probably want to have it on your machine’s hard disk. (You may also want to show Euphony to a friend and put it on his usb). You can perform such an installation here. (Note that installation from Euphony Web Application is faster and simpler than writing original Euphony image file to target disk). Install section will not be shown if there are no possible target devices attached (You cannot install it on disk from which you booted the system up.) If you go to the Settings screen and attach a device after that, refresh the page so the app can pick up changes)."

I have an average knwoledge about computers I installed several OS's through the years but this I can't understand.

Can anybody help me how can I this install section make it visible? I registred my OS but I'm in the trial period, is this a problem?

What this means: (Note that installation from Euphony Web Application is faster and simpler than writing original Euphony image file to target disk)

Looks like you’re not getting the online help from Euphony you should be for a registered user. In the early days under Željko they were very responsive. Did you press on and ask further with the helpline?

It’s a troubling data point for us users if they aren’t solving installation issues. No excuse for a subscription service.

Also no issues with upsampling. Works fine for me even though I don’t normally use it 

9 hours ago, adamthebrave said:

Hi,

thanks for the link. Yes, a red everything I could.

Hi @adamthebrave,

I am not a HQ player user nor Euphony user anymore today. But I remember in the past to get it right I did re-install Euphony sometimes up to 5 times when I had a bug. So I redid the complete OS download - copied to USB drive - copy to a local SSD or NVMe / checked for updates and then re-doing the settings.

Your dual pc setup (control pc + audio pc) seems perfect to work with Euphony. Do you use two licenses, also one for Endpoint (on audio pc)? Do you use a NVMe for installation of the Euphony OS located on the ''control pc'', which is your server I assume? 

Sorry I can not be of more help.

I opened tickets by Euphony, and the first sentence of the reply was: "please notice you are running TRIAL version of software so we are giving you support on voluntary basis."

This is a strange answer becouse I'm trying it right now I can't decide without the trial period. I can this answer understand after the 30 days if trial...

Hi @adamthebrave,

The install option that I have circled to the right; is that what you are talking about? If so that is not what is used to install Euphony to your hard drive.

That is for post installation troubleshooting or installing to a different hard drive other than your main OS Drive. When you booted from your USB Drive you should have been asked at some point which hard disk you want to install Euphony on. I don’t recall the exact point but I think it is post registration. 

As far as your HQPe issue, double check in settings which Kernel you are running. Update it to 4.18…. That might fix the HQPe issue. You might also consider asking Jussi as well.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Mike

IMG_0421.jpeg

IMG_0422.png

1 hour ago, BCRich said:

Hi @adamthebrave,

The install option that I have circled to the right; is that what you are talking about? If so that is not what is used to install Euphony to your hard drive.

That is for post installation troubleshooting or installing to a different hard drive other than your main OS Drive. When you booted from your USB Drive you should have been asked at some point which hard disk you want to install Euphony on. I don’t recall the exact point but I think it is post registration. 

As far as your HQPe issue, double check in settings which Kernel you are running. Update it to 4.18…. That might fix the HQPe issue. You might also consider asking Jussi as well.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Mike

IMG_0421.jpeg

IMG_0422.png

Thanks for your detailed answer!

Yes, this install menu is missing. Here was e little chaos in my head, becouse there are two types of regitration and it was not clear for me.

After booting from USB Drive I had to give my email address and name and I got a 30 days of full function trial period. But it seems it is not fully functional: I can't install on SSD and so I can't make any updates, not so user friendly...

I have to buy one month and after can I decide it is my OS or it isn't...

@adamthebrave

30 days TRIAL should be enough to judge the sound. And if you prefer full functionality, even from today, for € 12.99 you can try an other 30 days. You can always cancel your subscription. I suggest it is worth the experience since you were initially already pleased with the SQ. 

Enjoy!

https://euphony-audio.com/v4/installation/

To continue using or installing Euphony Stylus to internal HDD you need to register your installation.

Register Euphony with your voucher code (received in the email) or enter “TRIAL” to start your 30-day trial period.

Detailed Registration process is explained below.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve updated Euphony to the latest version. Upgraded hqplayer to version 5 and Mozaik to 1.2. These took a long time to run. However it seems to just sit there for the kernel upgrade, going from 5.14 to 5.18. Any ideas? I’m on a paid version of Euphony. 

Thanks Tim 

• 2 weeks later...