IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

27 minutes ago, Smaragdhk said:

There is a new beta out today 20240208 beta
Sadly, no documented changes... any one wants to take the plunge?

i attempted to install the new beta but after it finished installing it froze up and would not boot again. i’m using a usb stick to reinstall the old firmware.

2 hours ago, dc-audiogeek said:

i attempted to install the new beta but after it finished installing it froze up and would not boot again. i’m using a usb stick to reinstall the old firmware.

Also, I can't open a ticket because Euphony just updated their website and the menu function isn't working.

18 minutes ago, Yiakubou said:

Well then don't install beta, if you don't want to be disappointed. It's beta for a reason...

I should have been more thorough in my comment; after almost waiting a year for an update….that’s what makes it disappointing. I have no problem testing, but at the same time it’s not testable if the system won’t boot.

From the Euphony site:

Details of the beta update….

https://euphony-audio.com/v4/stylus-4-beta-v20240208/

Oh yeah, the lack of development is not only disappointing, but just straight offending for a subscription based software. On the other hand I use Euphony only in Stylus mode, which is how it is supposed to be used by default. I'm not really missing anything and everything works for me. And I don't know of any alternative for my use case unfortunately. But the subscription model is just a money grab for nothing in return.

The “playback system revisited” change is welcomed. Current 0531 works but I s a little buggy. 

Eight months of updates - I would like them to list out what improvements are offered. And group them into cosmetic, functional and audible. 

But anyway, won’t be upgrading anytime soon. In the middle of managing EMI in my system and after that some DC power improvements. Those come first. 

Will have to rely on you guys here for some feedback on this update. Hopefully it will be substantial. 

16 hours ago, dc-audiogeek said:

Robert is aware there are issues so a fix should be forthcoming. Not sure when though…

I figured it out. If you’re using both a server and an endpoint, you need to un-bridge your network connection before upgrading to the new beta. Stylus has to have a single active network connection. Otherwise, it gets confused trying to find an IP address. I got the beta to work, but it’s a bit buggy, be warned.

11 hours ago, Smaragdhk said:

Single device with 10i7 NUC setup and update to latest beta… no issues so far. Like the sound and good to see an improvement in the UI.

What I like most is the Universal search across all music services and NAS storage.

Can you search all favorites? That is my biggest wish. 

I’m told the kernel defaults to 5.18 and not 5.14 as in the past. This changes the sound quite a bit

There's a new feature enabled in the beta that allows users with a server+endpoint setup to buffer music to the endpoint and disconnect the network connection. This is a new version of the feature that works with a single server setup. To use it, you add music to your queue, then hold down the play button in the app to start the buffering.

Unfortunately, I can't get this feature to work. When I try to buffer music to the endpoint, Stylus gets stuck on buffering until I hit the cancel button. Has anyone else gotten this feature to work?

Has anyone tried a DIY music streamer (player) vs Summus 2c?

I'm aiming for a construction, not too expensive with materials like:

HDplex fanless chassis H3 and power supply, MSI motherboard (eg A520M-APro), AMD Ryzen 5 4500 processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM memory and 250GB M.2 SSD disk.

And later maybe an upgrade with a Pink Faun I2S bridge.

Roon Rock (NUC10I5FNHN2)>Neotech NEET-1008 Ethernet Silver>UpTone EtherREGEN>Supra CAT8>UpTone EtherREGEN>Audioquest cat 700 Carbon>Melco N100>USB DIY>Rockna Wavelight>Mamalos Cables The Elite XLR Nanotubes>Mark Levinson No 380S>RAMM Elite8 XLR>ATC SMC 40A. Power Supply: Ferrum Hypsos, HDplex 300W.

1 hour ago, kostas6a3 said:

Has anyone tried a DIY music streamer (player) vs Summus 2c?

I'm aiming for a construction, not too expensive with materials like:

HDplex fanless chassis H3 and power supply, MSI motherboard (eg A520M-APro), AMD Ryzen 5 4500 processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM memory and 250GB M.2 SSD disk.

And later maybe an upgrade with a Pink Faun I2S bridge.

What is it that you're missing with your Roon Rock based NUC10I5FNHN2? I put mine in an HDplex fanless chassis and power with a LPS ... sounds wonderful, then again I don't need I2S with my Marantz KI Ruby DAC...

On 2/10/2024 at 10:56 AM, flkin said:

Can you search all favorites? That is my biggest wish. 

I’m told the kernel defaults to 5.18 and not 5.14 as in the past. This changes the sound quite a bit

Nope, search all disables the favourites icon. As for the kernel, I always found 5.18 better sounding than 5.14 so saves me from having to change the kernel. 

@danielBWhy do you consider having pci slots as a disadvantage?

Roon Rock (NUC10I5FNHN2)>Neotech NEET-1008 Ethernet Silver>UpTone EtherREGEN>Supra CAT8>UpTone EtherREGEN>Audioquest cat 700 Carbon>Melco N100>USB DIY>Rockna Wavelight>Mamalos Cables The Elite XLR Nanotubes>Mark Levinson No 380S>RAMM Elite8 XLR>ATC SMC 40A. Power Supply: Ferrum Hypsos, HDplex 300W.

49 minutes ago, danielB said:

We re missing a "not" somewhere.Summus server or renderer does NOT have pci slots

I'm sorry but I can't understand you.

What exactly is the disadvantage of pci slots?

Several on the forum are using DIY servers and using Pink Faun's and JCAT's bridges with great results.

I don't know what the inside of the summus is like and I'm not trying to copy it. I have no doubt that this is a great build but I find it a bit overpriced.