IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

It’s good to first read the online manual about core isolations. It probably teaches in more detail about the various settings available. After that you can try this:

First go to settings/ system/ expert settings

IMG_0225.thumb.jpeg.3c467d6063d677d9f5f313fb14922bc5.jpeg 

then in the cpu isolation field type “.” 

IMG_0226.thumb.jpeg.1126090d5142f23d5f80eb68a753c9f5.jpeg

this brings up the list of IRQs and what they are currently handling. You’ll probably find some eth0 and eth1 irqs. Take a note of their corresponding IRQ numbers. Eg. In the example I show, eth0 uses IRQ 53-57 and eth1 uses 61-69. 

IMG_0227.thumb.jpeg.4916b5fcc9b022fdadc24bc6d7591031.jpeg

IMG_0228.thumb.jpeg.109780e0f8865be4b723b3fde86b1ec2.jpeg

Once you have the interrupt numbers you close the screen, return to the CPU Isolation field and enter the following format:

interrupt number space core number …. Repeat 

eg.

For IRQ 56 and 57 assigned to core 5 and 6 and IRQ 61 assigned to core 7, it would be :

irq/56 5-6 irq/57 5-6 irq/61 7

and so on. 

23 hours ago, flkin said:

In core isolation, type “.” and a list of the interrupts and what they control will appear. Assign the eth0 and eth1 into their own cores.

Hi, I don't get eth0 and eth1. Here's a screenshot of what I get. Same is repeated for eth1.

image.png.421efffb43a4ec83f2573a49caee4b3f.png

Server | EMM | Dartzeel | Evolution Acoustics

14 minutes ago, flkin said:

Can you see the corresponding IRQ numbers on the left side of that screen? Is a wide screen

Yes, there are corresponding 26 Irq's for eth0 and eth1.
My confusion is - which ones do I isolate? Or should I put all the eth0 in 1 or 2 cores and similar with eth1?

42 minutes ago, flkin said:

t’s good to first read the online manual about core isolations. It probably teaches in more detail about the various settings available. After that you can try this:

First go to settings/ system/ expert settings

Thanks for your reply, I will check the current settings and values after work at home.

I remember that 0-3 stylus 4-8 gstp 9-43
I checked the euphony website for the isolation description but there is very little information. Is there somewhere else it is described in more detail?

1 hour ago, msb1 said:

Yes, there are corresponding 26 Irq's for eth0 and eth1.
My confusion is - which ones do I isolate? Or should I put all the eth0 in 1 or 2 cores and similar with eth1?

Ah, that’s the question isn’t it? You can try grouping all LAN movements into one (or more) cores. Or you can have separate them into eth0, eth1 etc. What sounds the best in your own system is the correct setting.

In my system, I group them separately.

..I have disabled all unused eth (Bios)  - what is not working make no noise! My working nic is on core 0

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530 on LPS, cat 8(SOTM)  to SOTM Switch, all other internet behind a other switch, Fiber  to Melco S100 Switch modified with Pink Faun OCXO Ultra, Fiber to DIY-Server with Solarflare x2522 Nic, JCAT USB XE with JCAT OCXO, Sinopure USB Cabel to Mola Mola Tambaqui, Transparent Interconnect to Holo Audio Bliss (as preamp) SPL S800 power amp feeding a Hifiman Susvara

All Switches and JCAT USB XE (Card and OCXO) powered by LPS (Plixir)

53 minutes ago, abase said:

..I have disabled all unused eth (Bios)  - what is not working make no noise! My working nic is on core 0

My motherboard eth's are disabled in the bios. I use the Solarflare x2522 pcie card with both ports bridged - one connects to the switch and the other to my roon endpoint.

1 hour ago, msb1 said:

My motherboard eth's are disabled in the bios. I use the Solarflare x2522 pcie card with both ports bridged - one connects to the switch and the other to my roon endpoint.

..that make sense ;-) I`m on the same network card, but at the moment I have a one box setup!

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530 on LPS, cat 8(SOTM)  to SOTM Switch, all other internet behind a other switch, Fiber  to Melco S100 Switch modified with Pink Faun OCXO Ultra, Fiber to DIY-Server with Solarflare x2522 Nic, JCAT USB XE with JCAT OCXO, Sinopure USB Cabel to Mola Mola Tambaqui, Transparent Interconnect to Holo Audio Bliss (as preamp) SPL S800 power amp feeding a Hifiman Susvara

..by the way, I have tested the Melco c1-d20 - but the network card is a diva and do not work with that DAC. All my DAC cable are not working with that Nic

7 hours ago, msb1 said:

If Euphony buffers tracks or playlist into RAM prior to playback, does using a LAN card matter? It will be as if music comes from RAM and (apart from controls) LAN access is not required during playback. 

You can see how that sounds by selecting a few streaming files and loading them into RAM. Start the playback and physically disconnect the LAN. Playback continues since LAN isn’t required. You might be surprised how similar the sound is comparing the 2 variations 

We’re comparing the best sound (no LAN) and a compromised sound with LAN connected. If you can’t hear any difference then your ethernet set up is good enough and needs no further work. 

Obviously disconnecting a streamer is not a normal condition. We need controls and need access to streaming data. It’s only to check how close you are to optimal network sound. 

6 hours ago, flkin said:

If Euphony buffers tracks or playlist into RAM prior to playback, does using a LAN card matter? It will be as if music comes from RAM and (apart from controls) LAN access is not required during playback. 

You can see how that sounds by selecting a few streaming files and loading them into RAM. Start the playback and physically disconnect the LAN. Playback continues since LAN isn’t required. You might be surprised how similar the sound is comparing the 2 variations 

I exclusively use Roon on euphony. Stylus does not work for me - some compatibility issue with my endpoint.

Hence I need LAN as my Roon endpoint (EMM NS1) can only be connected through LAN.

6 hours ago, flkin said:

best sound (no LAN

this question I ask myself - in my setup it doesn’t matter if I use ram or not, the sound is the same. But I have done many things to archive this. I will try to use a bad connection an see if the sound from is as clean as now.
Today I have another problem iphony starts but the ascii letters don`t appear - any idea what to do?

14 minutes ago, flkin said:

Sometimes it's a LAN connection issue? Try checking and clean the connections. 

..I think that is not the case. On the trial phase I had this very often (usb-stick). so I decidet to put 2 same ssds on the DIY-Server to backup - this is a nice feature to install euphony with one click on another hard disc. I have startet the system from the backup disk and made a new backup...

On 4/12/2024 at 4:25 AM, flkin said:

we’re comparing the best sound (no LAN) and a compromised sound with LAN connected.

..in my system the best sound is not no LAN - These weekend I tested a few of my best songs with no LAN and with my LAN setup. The sound over the LAN is more engaging. I think it is the reclocker of the  melco switch (Pink Fraun Ultra OCXO) that do the magic. If I put the melco switch out of the chain the sound is good but lifeless, it loose the complete engagement that I have, if I hear the music with my normal setup (melco switch) It is so much that I compare it to the different between Holo audio Spring 3 KTE to Holo audio May KTE