IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

12 hours ago, jacky5555 said:

I still keep Euphony ver3.

Yesterday I tried to change from Stylus to Roon core on Euphony, but could not log in Roon's account.

Roon app indicated "Unauthorized: Please enter your account's password properly", even I typed it correctly many times. 

Is problem caused by Euphony ver3 (no longer support Roon?) or Roon itself?

My understanding is if you do not change hardware in v3 ( including a new network card or any change of NIC) all should still be working. A week ago Tidal still worked in v3 in my setup.

12 hours ago, jacky5555 said:

I still keep Euphony ver3.

Yesterday I tried to change from Stylus to Roon core on Euphony, but could not log in Roon's account.

Roon app indicated "Unauthorized: Please enter your account's password properly", even I typed it correctly many times. 

Is problem caused by Euphony ver3 (no longer support Roon?) or Roon itself?

What version of Roon are you using? I am unable to get Roon to work on my Summus Server which is still on V3; regardless if it is Version 1.8 or 2.0.

My Custom HDPlex is running Euphony V4 and has no issues with Roon 2.0. Note: my Summus issue could be whole different problem, I was told Roon 2.0 is too complex for Euphony V3’s code.

Mike

On 12/1/2022 at 12:08 PM, tom_on_wheels said:

Was installing the actual beta. Albums or playlists are now playing.

I have v4 just installed with the latest download. Playing local files. Only one song playing.

What beta # are you using?

I am also looking in “queue whole album option” (or not) and other options like the new album or queue based play option. Euphony will either load the whole album (all blue/green icons next to file in playlist), or load only 2 songs even though I try to have the whole album played. but never starts. When I push play only one song plays.

I have two Euphony servers down at the moment. V3 plays perfect as always. When both servers are running again I will open a ticket for the v4 server.

On 12/3/2022 at 12:58 AM, davide256 said:

After some exchange in ticket it appears there are no direct worries with UPNP, that  Tidal/Qobuz

is the third party software meant, which they don't control for interoperability with UPNP

On 12/2/2022 at 1:57 PM, davide256 said:

Opened a ticket to report problems with Stylus server using  UPNP to Stylus endpoint w/UPNP, got this response

But still, did it resolve YOUR upnp related problems? 

I am asking because I use Euphony (one v3 and one v4) to play to UPNP devices, nothing else. Also wondering now if v4 could be handling upnp different?
I understand if UPnP is well implemented on the receiving device Euphony should play without problems?

1 minute ago, di-fi said:

I have v4 just installed with the latest download. Playing local files. Only one song playing.

What beta # are you using?

I am also looking in “queue whole album option” (or not) and other options like the new album or queue based play option. Euphony will either load the whole album (all blue/green icons next to file in playlist), or load only 2 songs even though I try to have the whole album played. but never starts. When I push play only one song plays.

I have two Euphony servers down at the moment. V3 plays perfect as always. When both servers are running again I will open a ticket for the v4 server.

I have tried the latest Beta 20221028 numerous times; I use HQPe and it is not working properly for me either. Similar Track/Buffer playback issues.

I think I submitted a Ticket but never got a response. Reverted back to the most recent stable release.

Mike

1 minute ago, di-fi said:

And that sold all the playback related problems? Are you playing albums form local files or streaming or both? Thanks!

Aside from the occasional drop out. It did….If I recall, for local playback the buffer issues were loading 1 or 2 tracks instead of the entire album, sometimes it would skip the first track. When playing Qobuz, it would go to the next track before the previous track was finished. There may have been some other anomaly’s as well. Flkin  suggested I disable Gapless Playback, if I recall that made it worse. I haven’t gone back to it yet to double check.

I submitted multiple tickets for different issues (I also have a Summus Server that no longer work with Roon; both 1.8 and 2.0). Robert responded to the Roon issue saying he had 2.0 working in house; I was told V3 can’t support it by someone else. The Playback Buffer issues were never responded to. I gave up on it and reverted.

1 hour ago, Johnseye said:

Has anyone been able to get Euphony to work with any USB PCI card? I've tried with the JCAT USB XE and the SOtM tx-USBexp with no luck. 

yes, I am using JCAT XE and it seem to work fine with v4. What issues are you getting ?

11 hours ago, BCRich said:

Aside from the occasional drop out. It did….If I recall, for local playback the buffer issues were loading 1 or 2 tracks instead of the entire album, sometimes it would skip the first track. When playing Qobuz, it would go to the next track before the previous track was finished. There may have been some other anomaly’s as well. Flkin  suggested I disable Gapless Playback, if I recall that made it worse. I haven’t gone back to it yet to double check.

I submitted multiple tickets for different issues (I also have a Summus Server that no longer work with Roon; both 1.8 and 2.0). Robert responded to the Roon issue saying he had 2.0 working in house; I was told V3 can’t support it by someone else. The Playback Buffer issues were never responded to. I gave up on it and reverted.

I had similar issues which was resolved by Zeljko. He found it was related to gapless playback and so in the latest beta 20221028 a new option to disable gapless playback (music service/audio outputs) appeared to solve this. Unfortunately it wasn't explained clearly what it solved!

I'm still finding that when gapless playback is ON, all kinds of playback, fast forwarding and next track issues occur - jumping tracks, skipping tracks.. so I think it's best to leave it OFF unless necessary.

4 hours ago, flkin said:

I had similar issues which was resolved by Zeljko. He found it was related to gapless playback and so in the latest beta 20221028 a new option to disable gapless playback (music service/audio outputs) appeared to solve this. Unfortunately it wasn't explained clearly what it solved!

I'm still finding that when gapless playback is ON, all kinds of playback, fast forwarding and next track issues occur - jumping tracks, skipping tracks.. so I think it's best to leave it OFF unless necessary.

I didn’t get a chance to take a look at this yet. Will try tonight. Thanks

Johnseye,

Not sure if this helps!

I just added two new Jcat cards, the USB XE and Ethernet XE last week. I was having the same issue with Euphony V4/USB card not working. The same path from ASUS WS C621e motherboard USB output works fine! MB  USB>Lush2USB>UpTone USB regen>Lush2USB>DAC. When I used this same USB path through the Jcat USB XE card it did not work!

I used a cheap $5.00 USB cable directly from Jcat USB XE out directly to DAC and after reboot of Euphony ap, the cheap cable works. No matter what I tried I could not get the Lush USB path to work.

I am in process now of purchasing the Sablon EVO USB because of this. 

11 hours ago, Dev said:

yes, I am using JCAT XE and it seem to work fine with v4. What issues are you getting ?

Euphony is throwing an error.  I don't have the error message in front of me now but will share later.  I tried using the SOtM card yesterday but the JCAT was a while ago. I'm wondering if I last tried it with v3 and will try it tonight on v4.  JCAT with Windows worked fine.

1 hour ago, Toymanmark said:

Johnseye,

Not sure if this helps!

I just added two new Jcat cards, the USB XE and Ethernet XE last week. I was having the same issue with Euphony V4/USB card not working. The same path from ASUS WS C621e motherboard USB output works fine! MB  USB>Lush2USB>UpTone USB regen>Lush2USB>DAC. When I used this same USB path through the Jcat USB XE card it did not work!

I used a cheap $5.00 USB cable directly from Jcat USB XE out directly to DAC and after reboot of Euphony ap, the cheap cable works. No matter what I tried I could not get the Lush USB path to work.

I too am using a Lush to a tX-USB ultra, then a Muan to DAC.  I've also tried the Muan and a Sablon direct to DAC. I'm using the Sablon in my office from PC to Hugo and it works fine.  The Muan works fine from the motherboard USB to DAC.  The Lush from motherboard USB to tX-USBultra then Muan to DAC work fine.  It's the PCI cards that are causing the issue with Euphony. When I used the JCAT with Windows it worked fine.

25 minutes ago, bos3812 said:

Hi Johnseye,

I also use the JCat XE usb-card. Never had any problem. Not in V4 and also not in V3. I use the Tellurium Q Silver Diamond waveform HF usb cable. Before this I had other usb cables. Does your cards get external or internal power?

External power

On 12/4/2022 at 10:03 AM, di-fi said:

But still, did it resolve YOUR upnp related problems? 

I am asking because I use Euphony (one v3 and one v4) to play to UPNP devices, nothing else. Also wondering now if v4 could be handling upnp different?
I understand if UPnP is well implemented on the receiving device Euphony should play without problems?

Those UPNP problems are being worked now.

One is  a a GUI issue with endpoint... with 2 DAC's connected, I can't tell which is toggled on after activation

without restarting the app... activate button is gone for both until I restart app but the last DAC activated works.

Since restart clears its just an annoyance.

Second is a usability problem, 1st track after album in queue is replaced retains prior DAC rate setting,

plays out of synch music. I have to select second album track to force a DAC rate reset. If playing same  DAC rate

with replace there are no problems with first track. Really want to be able to use UPNP without this first track problem.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

On 12/5/2022 at 1:56 AM, flkin said:

Gapless seems a still unsolved issue that pops up every now and then. Playing a whole album should be always working in every setup, it is a basic feature.

It reminds me more than 1 (2?) year ago with V3 I had this too. Playing only one track at a time or only playing an album when pressed play on track two.  It thought it was DAC (UPnP?) related but Schiit sent me back too Euphony. It is the same with Denafrips DACs anyways. I spent days with Zjelko figuring it out. In the end Zeljko disabled gapless, but I was not happy sacrificing gapless.

I also remember when this happens sometimes it loads only two tracks in queue as if it is working in for example Tidal mode (streaming from internet does not buffer a complete album). 

At one point I thought it was maybe related to song position update, that I disable usually. BTW in v3 the song position area when disabled becomes a huge fast forward button when you hoover over it an click once anywhere. Did not check in V4. 

Coincidentally today I am back running v3 waiting my v4 build and Euphony only plays 1 track, v3 that is! (Buffer before play = 100% + Buffer albums added to queue). If I choose the same album, same setting with JRiver for example no problems at all. Yesterday Euphony no problems at all. But when playing starting play at track two, the rest of the album follows.

I am now playing through a pair of KEF LSX in wired setup. KEF wireless have a stream software in the wireless speakers that I suspected of causing a conflict. I sometimes thought rebooting the KEFs solved the problem (for a while at least).

It seems the way Euphony bufffers & how the gapless information is added is the culprit. Then possibly playing for example UPnP might play a role. Also maybe the DAC and it's handling. Playing behaviour does not seem consistant either. Sometimes playing starts almost instantly, sometimes the whole album will be buffered first (takes longer when Ethernet is slower for ex. Etherregen, but thats normal when in 100Mb mode) and only then starts playing, regardless the setting it seems. Not everyone has this problem I know for sure. 

I just wish I was not writing about this and trying to understand. I will test in V4 the next days to make sure it works flawless in my setup, if not I will not subsribe to  V4 and stick with two V3 devices. I should not have to deal with this everyday/week. But before that I will open a ticket a last time with Euphony.

On 12/4/2022 at 11:41 PM, Dev said:

On 12/5/2022 at 12:56 AM, flkin said:

On 12/5/2022 at 9:27 AM, Toymanmark said:

Johnseye,

Not sure if this helps!

Hi all, I tried again with the JCAT USB XE card last night.  When I did this, I recalled where I left things off in my troubleshooting.  This card does get recognized by Euphony and it will play back audio up to PCM 768.  When I upsample beyond that to PCM 1.5M the sound is distorted.  I don't know if it's a Euphony, ALSA or JCAT issue.  When I use an endpoint running HQPlayer NAA, I upsample to 1.5M without issue.

Back in Oct '21 I asked Zeljko if Euphony would support PCM 1.5M and got this response, obviously v4 is out:

"No, but I know what needs to be patched. 

Unfortunately, we will probably not include it in any current major version update but it will be included in the next major version kernel - v4.
We are working hard on v4 but I still don't have a reliable ETA..."

I worked with Piero at Audiolinux on the same issue back then and he helped me until we hit a wall.  I explained to both Zeljko and Piero that HQPlayer stand alone can upsample to 1536.  Jussi wasn't interested in collaborating with them on it but thought these guys capable enough and since he was able to do it, they should be able as well. 

As I built a new server a few months ago I revisited the USB cards on this server with both JCAT and SOtM.  I'm still at the same place with PCM 1536 as I was last year. Although SOtM is worse off as Euphony doesn't shake hands with it properly.

I use a Holo May DAC and to my ears upsampling to 1536 using an NAA sound better than USB direct to DAC at 768.

2 hours ago, di-fi said:

Coincidentally today I am back running v3 waiting my v4 build and Euphony only plays 1 track, v3 that is! (Buffer before play = 100% + Buffer albums added to queue). If I choose the same album, same setting with JRiver for example no problems at all. Yesterday Euphony no problems at all. But when playing starting play at track two, the rest of the album follows.

Now, a few hours later, I did Euphony Restart App, pulled out the speaker AC cable and connected again and albums will play from track one as normal (Library > Add & Play). As usual I'll see when it happens next, a day, a week? 

Does anyone know if there is a usb wifi network dongle that is known to work with Euphony v4?  I want to set up a small bedroom system and there is no network hardwire connection there.

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates