IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Hi Guys

As I have found out, the settings for the HQPlayer in the audio settings will disappear!

How come?

Quite simply because Jussi is constantly tinkering around and the HQPlayer is no longer compatible with Euphony!

For this reason it is not supplied with updates that quickly!

Because the support always has to adjust this again with considerable effort.

In the future, this is probably best configured using a browser.

Most of them are probably already doing this via this route ...

Eventeull will have a multilingual user interface at a later date.

I'm already looking forward to it!

And probably an internal pdf booklet reader.

with audiophile greetings

10 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I think it would make sense for Euphony to remove HQPlayer from the OS entirely

Why? The complete HQPlayer administration interface is accessible under Euphony. Click the HQPlayer icon.

It makes more sense to remove the few implausible input fields in Euphony.

12 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I think it would make sense for Euphony to remove HQPlayer from the OS entirely and allow to send output from Stylus to an external HQPlayer. If not remove it entirely, then give us the option to use an externally located HQPlayer.

I have some inside info... This will be an option in v4.
But I don't think HQPlayer will be removed.

10 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

Why? The complete HQPlayer administration interface is accessible under Euphony. Click the HQPlayer icon.

Because... It would allow the user to use the most up to date version of HQPlayer, thats optimized for their hardware, and to use a GPU for CUDA or Rocm/AMD as well.

No electron left behind.

15 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

Euphony has no native DSD upsampling so those fields allow one to do so using HQPlayer without leaving the Euphony GUI

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

6 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

And that HQP functionality is greatly expanded when using it outside of Euphony.

What kind of functions are they missing in Euphony / HQPlayer?

When I open the administration interface of HQPlayer under Euphony (click on the HQPlayer icon!), I get the same GUI as with HQPlayer Embedded.

I can set everything that I can do under HQPlayer Embedded. For example the Matrix Pipeline.

9 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

What kind of functions are they missing in Euphony / HQPlayer?

When I open the administration interface of HQPlayer under Euphony (click on the HQPlayer icon!), I get the same GUI as with HQPlayer Embedded.

I can set everything that I can do under HQPlayer Embedded. For example the Matrix Pipeline.

The ability to use an Nvidia or AMD GPU to assist with the processing and use better filters at higher rates as well as use a build of HQP that's optimized for your hardware.

No electron left behind.

Has anyone found a way to have Euphony Stylus server serve music to HQPlayer embedded on a separate server? Can do it with Roon core but haven’t found a way to do it with Stylus. Can do collocated HQP embedded to separate NAA using Stylus but that has longer start of play delay than using Roon core to separate HQP embedded.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system