IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

31 minutes ago, flkin said:

Say you use an iPad to control your music, are you able to run both Roon and Euphony on it? If so you’re already there. Only Euphony needs to be playing in your main system while Roon’s Storage just needs to point to Euphony’s database or wherever you keep your local files. So Roon sees everything Euphony sees. 

And when you need to find streaming music, just switch to Roon. After finding the album add it to favorites. Switch to Euphony and the favorite will show as the last added album. 

With Roon, I find using Roon core with HQPlayer control protocol to Stylus endpoint gets you about 80% of what Stylus player to Stylus endpoint does.

The major difference between using Roon core to Stylus endpoint vs Stylus server to Stylus endpoint is thats less intensive for the endpoint... the Atom

endpoint I have chugs far harder with the latter. 

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone here please help me with some advice on whether to install an extra EU endpoint?  Currently I am using 1 computer i3 9100f 3.60 Ghz, Mainboard Msi H310m, ram 8Gb, ssd 120gb and powered linear DIY for the whole system (as shown in the picture) Currently I am standing between 02 options  select is:
 1 / Upgrade existing computer by upgrading LSP which is better than current feature LSP to continue using single PC with Stylus and I have the ability to add femato jcat + LSP card
 2 / Install add 01 computer Nuc / Asrock j5005 and the LSP of the computer to run at the end Point mode.
  Please advise me which option for better sound quality?  I am very, very grateful.

9A8CD75B-22BF-4D34-8AF2-4B92E26C25C3.jpeg

2 hours ago, KATARRAZZI said:

Can anyone here please help me with some advice on whether to install an extra EU endpoint?  Currently I am using 1 computer i3 9100f 3.60 Ghz, Mainboard Msi H310m, ram 8Gb, ssd 120gb and powered linear DIY for the whole system (as shown in the picture) Currently I am standing between 02 options  select is:
 1 / Upgrade existing computer by upgrading LSP which is better than current feature LSP to continue using single PC with Stylus and I have the ability to add femato jcat + LSP card
 2 / Install add 01 computer Nuc / Asrock j5005 and the LSP of the computer to run at the end Point mode.
  Please advise me which option for better sound quality?  I am very, very grateful.

You should try a low voltage Stylus endpoint like the fitlet 2 with 8gb RAM and fast SDXC for boot or this device when it becomes available.

https://up-shop.org/up-squared-edge-8gb-ram.html

I've been very happy with the smaller Atom device I've tried as  Stylus USB endpoint, just needed more RAM than 4 GB because of 768/24 size files... sound is smoother than USB out from prior 8i7 NUC with LPS or my current DIY i5 server. What Ive observed with Stylus endpoint behavior is  that its basically Stylus

with no library capability, really improves Roon core using HQP control protocol to it.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

12 hours ago, davide256 said:

Bạn nên thử điểm cuối Stylus điện áp thấp như fitlet 2 với RAM 8gb và SDXC nhanh để khởi động hoặc thiết bị này khi có sẵn.

https://up-shop.org/up-squared-edge-8gb-ram.html

Tôi rất hài lòng với thiết bị Atom nhỏ hơn mà tôi đã thử làm điểm cuối USB Stylus, chỉ cần nhiều RAM hơn 4 GB vì các tệp có kích thước 768/24 ... âm thanh mượt mà hơn so với USB ra từ 8i7 NUC trước với LPS hoặc máy chủ i5 tự làm hiện tại của tôi. Những gì Ive quan sát được với hành vi của điểm cuối Stylus là về cơ bản, bút Stylus của nó

không có khả năng thư viện, thực sự cải thiện lõi Roon bằng cách sử dụng giao thức điều khiển HQP cho nó.

Thank you for your comments

16 hours ago, KATARRAZZI said:

Có ai ở đây vui lòng giúp tôi một số lời khuyên về việc có nên cài đặt thêm một điểm cuối EU không? Hiện tại mình đang sử dụng 1 máy tính i3 9100f 3.60 Ghz, Mainboard Msi H310m, ram 8Gb, ssd 120gb và đã cấp nguồn DIY cho cả hệ thống (như trong hình) Hiện tại mình đang đứng giữa 02 phương án lựa chọn là:
 1 / Nâng cấp máy tính hiện có bằng cách nâng cấp LSP tốt hơn tính năng hiện tại LSP để tiếp tục sử dụng PC đơn với bút Stylus và mình có khả năng gắn thêm thẻ femato jcat + LSP
 2 / Cài thêm 01 máy tính Nuc / Asrock j5005 và LSP của máy tính chạy xong Chế độ điểm.
  Xin tư vấn giúp tôi lựa chọn nào cho chất lượng âm thanh tốt hơn? Tôi rất, rất biết ơn.

9A8CD75B-22BF-4D34-8AF2-4B92E26C25C3.jpeg

I look forward to receiving more advice from you, especially those experienced in this Discussion Topic! Please help me to get the best direction and not waste my money! Thank you very much!

27 minutes ago, KATARRAZZI said:

I look forward to receiving more advice from you, especially those experienced in this Discussion Topic! Please help me to get the best direction and not waste my money! Thank you very much!

Then it would be iFi Zen Stream. Compared it to my Euphony rig and hands down the better streamer. 

4 hours ago, Lukasluis said:

Then it would be iFi Zen Stream. Compared it to my Euphony rig and hands down the better streamer. 

an endpoint. What are you using for server source?

Looks interesting but the gap between 768 vs 384 PGGB upsampled files is so big users like me wouldn't want a device limited to 384 over USB

Doing Stylus server to Stylus endpoint with 768 files is pretty amazing for clarity where the original recording is good but suffered from vagueness

with massed instruments or bass accompaniment at native resolution. Orchestra string sections become a smear for detail with so many solutions.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

6 hours ago, PavelDosko said:

In my opinion, upsamling does not generate (not has how ...) any new information in the recording, it only "improves" the sound of the DACs, which cannot play the native format of the recording well enough.

Actually the native format is least challenging for the DAC.. the challenge is getting it out cleanly on the server end. Pre processed up sampling mitigates a lot of that. But trying a complex recording at 768/24 is the best persuader. 

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

On 10/6/2021 at 12:41 PM, PavelDosko said:

In my opinion, upsamling does not generate (not has how ...) any new information in the recording, it only "improves" the sound of the DACs, which cannot play the native format of the recording well enough.

This is not the thread to really discuss upsampling, but let me just say here, neither does Euphony "generate... any new information," yet it very much improves the sound. 

PGGB or HQP upsampling/upscaling is not simply about higher sampling frequencies or matching samplerate. It is what you are doing with those added samples, filtering, and noise. 

If you have the time and inclination you should revisit upsampling with something like PGGB or PGGB realtime. 

35 minutes ago, PavelDosko said:

OK

for me Euphony Stylus  no filters, no oversampling, no Roon, no HQP = best SQ of my Rockna Wavedream

good luck

I hate to break it to you, you are already using filtering, you just don't know it. That's why I was encouraging you to find out more, or not.

I'm sincerely glad you are happy with your sound. We're all just trying to help each other out as there is always more to discover in audio. 

All the best to you.