IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

6 minutes ago, PavelDosko said:

Conjecture always arises when there is insufficient information, in this case by Euphony. How will the V4 be sold and for how much? How and whether V3 users will benefit?

New users who purchased the v3 license after the first February, when the inscription "BUY 3.0 LICENSE NOW AND GET FREE UPGRADE TO 4.0 AS SOON AS AVAILABLE" appeared on the site, have already received letters from euphony. They're talking about getting a v4 subscription for two years.

3 hours ago, an333 said:

I nuovi utenti che hanno acquistato la licenza v3 dopo il primo febbraio, quando sul sito è apparsa la scritta "ACQUISTA ORA LA LICENZA 3.0 E RICEVI L'AGGIORNAMENTO GRATUITO ALLA 4.0 APPENA DISPONIBILE", hanno già ricevuto lettere da eufonia. Stanno parlando di ottenere un abbonamento v4 per due anni.

Confermo 

6 minutes ago, ArthurPower said:

They don't have the resources that a company like Roon has

Then it should be reflected in the price. Let's see what the pricing will be. But if it's going to be $150 a year as you mention, then it's the same as Roon and it should be to no surprise that customer will be then expecting a similar level of service. Sound quality aside, Euphony today is very far from that.

36 minutes ago, flkin said:

a good suggestion  😄👍🏻

A perpetual license for v4 but you only get feature upgrades (and personal help?) for a fee. Bug repairs for existing functions remain free. 

Agree. Given how many times I’ve changed NUC’s in the past 2 years It’s bothered my conscience that  Zelijko didn’t have a maintenance fee for the second year of support

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

3 hours ago, Smaragdhk said:

Technically yes, since V3 is a perpetual license and it should work for as long as your hardware supports it.  

It means V3 should still be available for download. I suppose V3 will be overridden by V4 when upgrading.

17 minutes ago, walloon said:

It means V3 should still be available for download. I suppose V3 will be overridden by V4 when upgrading.

Probably yes - you should keep your OS drive with V3 intact so that you can insert it back to the machine when reverting. 

On 7/13/2022 at 3:29 PM, Yiakubou said:

The Euphony licence is linked to your HW fingerprint, which is derived from your motherboard, CPU and ethernet card configuration. If any of that changes, your HW fingerprint will change as well and you need a new licence or request a transfer. Other components can be changed as you wish. It should not matter if you have 1 or multiple CPU's. See this article.

My NUC burned out and they transfered licenece to new HW fingerprint without any problems immediately. It is not necessary to buy new licence

On 7/12/2022 at 6:06 PM, sunny_time_99 said:

Hi, the usage of a small e.g. Ugreen USB to ethernet Adapter (~15Euro on Amazon) is a cheap step up in S.Q for your NUC, even if you ethernet Chip is supported or not.

Regards

Sunny

I could not resist and had to test this as it's a small investment and because I do not understand why an external adapter would be better than an onboard chip. I purchased this exact Ugreen USB to ethernet adapter and... I'm not hearing any difference with my setup 🙃

However, the money is not completely wasted as by adding this adapter to the system and at the same time disabling the on-board LAN in BIOS, this changed my HW fingerprint, therefore had to register again and with that I get fresh 30 days of free trial lol. At the end the price for this adapter may be similar as 1 month of subscription 😉

On 7/14/2022 at 12:58 AM, Yiakubou said:

Then it should be reflected in the price. Let's see what the pricing will be. But if it's going to be $150 a year as you mention, then it's the same as Roon and it should be to no surprise that customer will be then expecting a similar level of service. Sound quality aside, Euphony today is very far from that.

I wonder what king of service You actually didn’t got from Euphony support aka Željko?!

For my opinion Euphony always was (is) better that roon in SQ too(IMO).

I alway hearing a complainants on roon from my friends (and not only one).

Being in past software programmer I know exactly how many efforts needed for developing good and stable software product, and bring with it excellent service and support with small resources.

So, I’m sorry can’t agreed with You.

11 minutes ago, genvirt said:

I wonder what king of service You actually didn’t got from Euphony support aka Željko?!

For my opinion Euphony always was (is) better that roon in SQ too(IMO).

I alway hearing a complainants on roon from my friends (and not only one).

Being in past software programmer I know exactly how many efforts needed for developing good and stable software product, and bring with it excellent service and support with small resources.

So, I’m sorry can’t agreed with You.

Why is everyone trying to convince us how much effort should be made by the programmer? Surely you know such things where you do not need to make efforts, but to be just a good guy and receive funds for it?
You mentioned the support service, then I will ask you a question as a past programmer. Was it impossible to fix the problem with HQPlayer in v3? Or was it just not a desire to work on v3? And you can ask a lot of such questions...

1 hour ago, an333 said:

Why is everyone trying to convince us how much effort should be made by the programmer? Surely you know such things where you do not need to make efforts, but to be just a good guy and receive funds for it?
You mentioned the support service, then I will ask you a question as a past programmer. Was it impossible to fix the problem with HQPlayer in v3? Or was it just not a desire to work on v3? And you can ask a lot of such questions...

As You understand I can’t answer You:) But, not everything can be fix on current platforms and can be done only in evaluate versions, for example v3 can’t measure AMD Ryzen cpu temp - it’s really annoying for me, hoped that it’ll be fix in upgrades, but not happened and Željko said that this un possible on v3 that’s it - nothing to do and I’m patiently wait for v4. 
Agree nobody want pay more and pay more, and yes better clear things from Euphony part will be great. I’m pretty sure all this comes to they notice.