IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

On 6/9/2022 at 8:20 AM, beetlesonique said:

Has anyone managed to get HQPlayer Endpoint running? For some reason it does not work for me in V4. Roon can’t connect to it and in Euphony I get an error message as well. 

Also in the settings menu in Euphony there is no tab for Audio output when HQPlayer embedded is selected.

FED8217F-EDDF-4E35-AECA-EBCF3EDCDC65.jpeg

83587934-C26A-45EC-A7A4-349299078CF9.jpeg

3706AE68-AE36-4868-AC7E-62345AB08A4B.jpeg

Same here, can’t get Roon connect to EuphonyEP using HQplayer as transport protocol. It stopped working in v3 when Roon upgraded HQPlayer but I was hoping Euphony v4 would fix this. Anyone?

I have a spare Orico Dual Bay SSD M.2 running a hardware RAID 0 USB 3.1 drive in the office which operates without additional external power. It runs far faster than my SanDisk Ultra USB stick.

Curious to see if I could load the Euphony image into a very fast multi-disk RAID0 drive, it worked and booted up very fast. Runs as fast as Euphony installed in an internal drive (unlike when running from the SanDisk USB stick) and seems to be more stable during operations. Despite using RAMROOT, there is definitely USB disk access during operations and this drive really helped during library scans etc.

From what I can tell, it sounds a little better too. Images a little more real 

Might be worth the time to try this sort of thing out while waiting for the v4 full release

Question:is any one using the web radio section? I run a little RPI streamer in the kitchen connected to powered speaker and was using it as a UPNP end point to my V3. From time to time I also play radio. A bit of radio Paradise and a couple of local radio stations. The preset Radio stations in V3 was nothing to write home about but it worked, and I added manually the few radio stations I needed. 

In V4 nothing seems to work. The radio browser has nothing behind. there' s a top 500 list that partially works, but then I cannot switch stations. nothing works. I cannot pause play and I cannot start stations. Also my own added stations do not work. 

I have an open ticket and can report back, but I wonder how others are doing? 

17 minutes ago, al2813 said:

Am I the only one to show a wrong bit figure on high res PCM streaming in UPNP (eg. 16/96 instead of 24/96)? 

Just checking before reporting to Željko

You’re not alone… I made a few screen grabs for my reference, but this is with the DAC connected directly via USB… not UPNP…

so bit rate and resolution display seems often erroneous…

2 hours ago, al2813 said:

Am I the only one to show a wrong bit figure on high res PCM streaming in UPNP (eg. 16/96 instead of 24/96)? 

Just checking before reporting to Željko

Seems that in today's update there may be a fix for this issue:

- Attempted fix for correct bit display in signal path

16 hours ago, c-w said:

Seems that in today's update there may be a fix for this issue:

- Attempted fix for correct bit display in signal path

I confirm yesterday's fix resolved this issue, and in my system UPNP playback is flawless. I did not yet try in my main system, but even in my kitchen system which is very basic, I get a clear impression of better SQ with UPNP now. Maybe a placebo :-) 

Web radio - despite some fixes is still buggy as hell and unusable - I wrote Željko this morning. 

About 15 days go my Asus Motherboard failed and had to be sent back for replacement. This PC uses an AMD Ryzen 7 3700x processor with 16GB ECC RAM powered by a Hdplex LPSU  400W DC-ATX supply.

I had an old Gigabyte Motherboard with an Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU and 8GB DDR3 RAM lying which I thought I would try with Euphony V4. Everything installed smoothly and I was surprised at how good it sounded in comparison to the AMD 3700x.

During this time I also got my hands on the AMD 4700s kit with 16gb DDR6 RAM.

I got the Asus motherboard back a few days ago and compared all 3. I played around with different settings (CPU frequency, isolation, etc.) and to my ears, the old Pentium sounds the best (quieter, darker backgrounds and warmer). I compared them using Roon as well as stylus.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Server | EMM | Dartzeel | Evolution Acoustics

13 hours ago, msb1 said:

About 15 days go my Asus Motherboard failed and had to be sent back for replacement. This PC uses an AMD Ryzen 7 3700x processor with 16GB ECC RAM powered by a Hdplex LPSU  400W DC-ATX supply.

I had an old Gigabyte Motherboard with an Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU and 8GB DDR3 RAM lying which I thought I would try with Euphony V4. Everything installed smoothly and I was surprised at how good it sounded in comparison to the AMD 3700x.

During this time I also got my hands on the AMD 4700s kit with 16gb DDR6 RAM.

I got the Asus motherboard back a few days ago and compared all 3. I played around with different settings (CPU frequency, isolation, etc.) and to my ears, the old Pentium sounds the best (quieter, darker backgrounds and warmer). I compared them using Roon as well as stylus.

Has anyone had a similar

Roon is gorgeous but has the worst audio quality ever.. 

Doepke DFS2/ Gigawatt C16A + 044/ Lc-y Evo/ LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/ LC-3 MK3/ Toroidy DC Blocker/ Hdplex H5 / Windows 10 Pro1903 AO3 + Fidelizer Pro 8.10/ JPLAY Femto/ Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ Ryzen 9 5950X/ Optane P1600X/ Apacer 2x4GB DDR4 ECC 2666/ Jcat Usb XE/ Jcat Net XE /Audiowise Opto USB/ Sablon USB Evo/ 2x Paul Hynes SR4T for Jcat / 2x Baaske NET Isolator MI 1005/ Ethernet cable Viablue EP-7S/ Sablon Ethernet 2020 /Fidelizer StreamHub/ All Dc cables Neotech Occ JSSG360 /Hdplex 500W DC ATX/ Holo Spring 3 KTE/ Audio Research LS5 (4x E188CC Red Label/ 4x RCA 12BH7A Black Plates/ 2X Brimar 12BH7 Black Plates)/ Proceed HPA2 (Mark Levinson 432)/ Scansonic MB 3.5B + Iso Acoustics Gaia III / Townshend Isolda EDCT/ 2x Townshend DCT 300 XLR/ Synergistic Research Purple Fuses In Hdplex, 2x SR4T, Preamp, Dac/ 4X Townshend Seismic Pods

Despite it being far better than the old v3, it’s a pity the single most useful search tool I can think of has not been incorporated in v4 so far - search all favorites in local, Tidal and Qobuz at the same time. 

I think this is Roon’s strength - to display an integrated database of all favorites. And then of course it’s ability to find new stuff.