IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

5 hours ago, JML said:

Audirvana doesn't pick up all the artist sorting metadata from iTunes.  I had just gone through setting proper sorts in iTunes before doing the Audirvana 3.5.x update, and had to do about 30% of them over in Audirvana.

Unfortunately Apple used some of their own ideas about metadata with iTunes, while Audirvana and most other programs adhere to standards. So what you've seen is bound to occur.

I believe there are scripts that will transfer iTunes metadata into more standard format on a bulk basis, though I couldn't swear to it. (Anyone know for sure?) If I recall correctly the results aren't perfect but should save some work.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hi @damien78:

It has been a long time (was an enthusiastic 1.5x A+ user as you may recall), and now I am trying to come back over to Audirvana and the wonderful UI you have created.  I run a tweaked NUC with AudioLinux as NAA endpoint (into a modified Singxer SU-1, then I2S into Holo Spring L3 DAC).  Had been using HQ Player Desktop on iMac to feed that NAA, but recently dedicated a linear powered Mac mini to run HQ Player Embedded.  Everyone knows the player front end and library management of HQP is, shall we say lacking, so I want to try using Audirvana to feed the HQ Player Embedded>NAA machines via your support of UPnP.

Audirvana sees HQPlayerEmbedded:SignalystHQPlayer4 as device.  I was so excited. And just prior to trying it I used HQPe web interface and confirmed working playback to NAA, to DAC with sound.  Then I stopped that, loaded some tracks to Audirvana library, set settings, confirmed playback through desktop Mac speakers.  But when I choose HQPlayerEmbedded:SignalystHQPlayer4 and try to play a track, it tries but quickly says "Error starting device playback."

Any ideas?   Truly hoping to make this work.  If it can and if the SQ can equal what I was getting with HQP Embedded>NAA but itself, then I'll quickly be buying a new Audirvana license. :D

Thanks,

--Alex C.

8 hours ago, Superdad said:

Hi @damien78:

It has been a long time (was an enthusiastic 1.5x A+ user as you may recall), and now I am trying to come back over to Audirvana and the wonderful UI you have created.  I run a tweaked NUC with AudioLinux as NAA endpoint (into a modified Singxer SU-1, then I2S into Holo Spring L3 DAC).  Had been using HQ Player Desktop on iMac to feed that NAA, but recently dedicated a linear powered Mac mini to run HQ Player Embedded.  Everyone knows the player front end and library management of HQP is, shall we say lacking, so I want to try using Audirvana to feed the HQ Player Embedded>NAA machines via your support of UPnP.

Audirvana sees HQPlayerEmbedded:SignalystHQPlayer4 as device.  I was so excited. And just prior to trying it I used HQPe web interface and confirmed working playback to NAA, to DAC with sound.  Then I stopped that, loaded some tracks to Audirvana library, set settings, confirmed playback through desktop Mac speakers.  But when I choose HQPlayerEmbedded:SignalystHQPlayer4 and try to play a track, it tries but quickly says "Error starting device playback."

Any ideas?   Truly hoping to make this work.  If it can and if the SQ can equal what I was getting with HQP Embedded>NAA but itself, then I'll quickly be buying a new Audirvana license. :D

Thanks,

--Alex C.

Welcome back Alex :D

I'm not familiar with the UPnP Media Renderer implementation. It looks like something is missing there? Can you send me the Debug Info  with it selected by PM, or email?

And BTW, what about playing directly from Audirvana to your DAC ?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Has anyone tried to use True-Fi from Soundworks (preset equalization for specific headphones) together with Audirvana 3.5.x?  I downloaded the trial version, and the application shows up in Audirvana along with other DACs, but I cannot get it it to work with my external Oppo HA-1 DAC/Amp connected via USB. Audirvana gives me a choice of one output target, and the True-Fi support site says only to turn off "Exclusive Access" in Audirvana, but that doesn't work to get signal to the Oppo.

Audio-Technica DSR5BT; Audio-Technica ATH-WP900 (balanced); FOCAL Clear (balanced); OPPO PM-3 (Double Helix Molecule 2.0 balanced cable); KEF M500; KEF Space One
OPPO HA-1; MERIDIAN Explorer2; MERIDIAN Explorer; & AUDIOQUEST Jitterbugs 
SONY NW-WM1A (Double Helix Molecule SE balanced cable for OPPO PM-3)
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY Incline speakers & ProSub800 subwoofer
MacBook Pro Retina 15" (13,3); Audirvana Plus 3.x; & AIFF files
35 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Just released 3.5.11 with:

• Access to HIGHRESAUDIO VirtualVault
  • Add play all playlist when viewing it as albums
  • Fix offline folder removal from synched list
  • Workaround for setup of legacy Audio Units
  • Fix iTunes integrated mode shuffle playback
  • UI: headers size optimization

Enjoy your music!

Damien

Thanks Damien for fixing several things!

My biggest problem remains. I still see a sudden drop in the number of albums at the start of a manual sync, even after adding just 1 album.

Audirvana asks very often for the registration key. This is annoying.

18 minutes ago, sebassie said:

Audirvana asks very often for the registration key. This is annoying.

You may have a damaged preferences file. Maybe because versions 3.2 and 3.5 have been launched simultaneously?
Can you then delete your preferences by entering in Terminal application the following two commands:

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana

Please note you'll be asked for your license key when you'll relaunch Audirvana for the first time after this.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

19 minutes ago, damien78 said:

You may have a damaged preferences file. Maybe because versions 3.2 and 3.5 have been launched simultaneously?
Can you then delete your preferences by entering in Terminal application the following two commands:

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana

Please note you'll be asked for your license key when you'll relaunch Audirvana for the first time after this.

Thanks Damien. I never ran 3.2 and 3.5 simultaneously.

4 hours ago, damien78 said:

Welcome back Alex :D

I'm not familiar with the UPnP Media Renderer implementation. It looks like something is missing there? Can you send me the Debug Info  with it selected by PM, or email?

And BTW, what about playing directly from Audirvana to your DAC ?

Thanks Damien!  Wow, the interface to Audirvana is beautiful.  Very intuitive.  Nice work!  Even your new website is lovely.  :D

I just sent you the debug info via e-mail.  

My DAC and endpoint stuff is all headless across the room from the desk where I manage library and player.  So using Audirvana  to keep library and play to optimized UPnP/DLNA renderer is best for me.  Though I am sure the direct audio engine of Audirvana sounds as great as I remember--and I will try that again someday.

Best,

--Alex C. 

57 minutes ago, stewartg said:

I seem to have the same problem as others here.

Ive got 763 albums in my iTunes library but only 757 of them sync across to A+

What can I do?

thanks S

On 5/25/2019 at 6:01 PM, stefano_mbp said:

I had the same problem.

It is not a bug but a different way to manage albums with more than one album artist

Up to 3.2.16 Audirvana was splitting them in different albums, since 3.5.x it count in different way

for example: if an album has two album artists, let me say Schubert, Franz and Mendelssohn, Felix, the result in 3.2.16 was two albums but the result in 3.5.x is one album and the album artist resulting is Mendelssohn, Felix. In any case the album artist is now the last one ( the album artist defined in the last track of the album.

The same behavior is of course if you have more than two album artist, let me say three: up to 3.2.16 they were 3 albums and since 3.5.x they were 1 album

the solution to obtain the same album count than before 3.5.x is to split this type of albums in different fiscal folders

up to 3.2.16

Folder Schubert, Franz

Folder Album 1

Track 1 album artist Schubert, Franz

Track 2 album artist Schubert, Franz

Track 3 album artist Mendelssohn, Felix

Track 4 album artist Mendelssohn, Felix

result two albums, one for each album artist

since 3.5.x the result is one album with album artist Mendelssohn, Felix

to obtain the same album count you need to create this folder structure

Folder Schubert, Franz

Folder Album 1

Track 1 album artist Schubert, Franz

Track 2 album artist Schubert, Franz

Folder Mendelssohn, Felix

Folder Album 1

Track 3 album artist Mendelssohn, Felix

Track 4 album artist Mendelssohn, Felix

At the beginning of this thread, page 5 and 7, you’ll find my messages to Damien and the answer of Damien is few posts later, #174

hope this will help you

Did you checked this?

Stefano

My audio system

No I don’t think it’s anything to do with “albums with more than one artist”

Its very difficult to know which albums are in fact missing or tedious to check which 6 aren’t there.

i don’t think this problem is unique to 3.5 I’ve had similar probs with 3.2 in fact when I restarted 3.2 and synced it, that version found a couple of albums less in iTunes.

I suspect Jud’s post above suggesting an incompatibility/corruption between iTunes and A+ metadata is the explanation.

what the solution is I’m not clever enough to know

Its a pity we can’t manually drag and drop and add an album from iTunes into the A+ library for the ones that don’t get automatically synced.

You can drop files, folders, and iTunes tracks/albums directly onto Audirvana play queue.

Just open the play queue by clicking on the three horizontal bars icon bottom right of the window.

Another possibility for the not imported iTunes albums is if they are made of DRM protected files (extension .m4p). These usually come from Apple Music, or some old purchased albums from the iTunes music store.

22 hours ago, damien78 said:

Just released 3.5.11 with:

• Access to HIGHRESAUDIO VirtualVault
  • Add play all playlist when viewing it as albums
  • Fix offline folder removal from synched list
  • Workaround for setup of legacy Audio Units
  • Fix iTunes integrated mode shuffle playback
  • UI: headers size optimization

Enjoy your music!

Damien

Hi Damien,

Trying again - but any idea why the sort order doesn't work for playlists imported from iTunes?
(the little up/down arrows next to the column headers such as "Album")

Thanks

1 minute ago, abulr said:

Trying again - but any idea why the sort order doesn't work for playlists imported from iTunes?
(the little up/down arrows next to the column headers such as "Album")

Because they are retrieved directly from iTunes.

You would then want to override the sort order defined in iTunes.

BTW, you can copy the iTunes playlist to a local one by:

1. Creating a local playlist

2. Select all tracks (Cmd A) in the iTunes playlist, then click on the "..."  button of any row, and select "Add to Playlist"

And you'll be able to sort, edit this new local playlist as you want.

14 hours ago, damien78 said:

You can drop files, folders, and iTunes tracks/albums directly onto Audirvana play queue.

@damien78

3.5.11: Yes, but the sequence does not remain (worked well in 3.2.12)

1848443112_DragDroptoPQ3.5_11.thumb.png.2d467ddbbbad1c4c7318340cef5fdd7b.png

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

@damien78

thanks for the upgrade work on A+ - it’s working very well on my system and sounding terrific. 

Only thing, Remote on my iPad has started to develop a few minor irritations which I didn’t have before: wrong artwork displayed, slow to connect to my iMac and respond to new album selection etc. 

Any ideas? Should I reinstall the app? 

thanks

Gieseler Gros dac, Ultrarendu with Gieseler PSU, Audivarna, iMac

Elektra Reference  pre/power, B&W805 d3

Since installing the 3.5 upgrade the WindowServer process on my Mac mini incrementally eats up RAM (circa 3gb and higher) in the end A+ crashes when memory pressure gets too much.

This only occurs when A+ is running.

Once I force quit of A+ the process releases all memory and is stable at less than 256mb. 

Can anyone help?

Latest MAC OS and A+ build. 

Core I5 late 2014 with 8gb ram OS, application on SSD.

2 hours ago, Thibaw said:

@damien78

thanks for the upgrade work on A+ - it’s working very well on my system and sounding terrific. 

Only thing, Remote on my iPad has started to develop a few minor irritations which I didn’t have before: wrong artwork displayed, slow to connect to my iMac and respond to new album selection etc. 

Any ideas? Should I reinstall the app? 

thanks

Yes, you can reinstall the app.

In addition, any modification in your wifi setup (router...)?

If you still get the wrong artwork displayed, I'll be interested in more details about this one

2 hours ago, Nico said:

@damien78

3.5.11: Yes, but the sequence does not remain (worked well in 3.2.12)

1848443112_DragDroptoPQ3.5_11.thumb.png.2d467ddbbbad1c4c7318340cef5fdd7b.png

Fixed for upcoming 3.5.12

2 hours ago, jrd1975 said:

Since installing the 3.5 upgrade the WindowServer process on my Mac mini incrementally eats up RAM (circa 3gb and higher) in the end A+ crashes when memory pressure gets too much.

This only occurs when A+ is running.

Once I force quit of A+ the process releases all memory and is stable at less than 256mb. 

Can anyone help?

Latest MAC OS and A+ build. 

Core I5 late 2014 with 8gb ram OS, application on SSD.

This has been my experience too, since upgrading to 3.5.

My scenario is similar, in my case a late 2012 Mac Mini, but with 10GB RAM - latest Mac OS and Audirvana updates.

RAM usage creeps up to around 4GB over a period of hours, and seems at its worst when I've been creating playlists. I suspect changing settings also causes this - I noticed it after I had been fiddling with the output settings.

Just got a new dac Topping D50.

My question is regarding the volume control.  On my old dac Ifi iDSD nano, I set it to volume DAC ONLY, kept it at full volume, then adjusted the volume on my headphone amp.

Now, there doesn't seem to be an option for DAC ONLY with audirvana 3.5 (or I simply cannot find it). I have found the setting for software volume control and left that off.

However, either way, it seems that I am able to use the software to control the volume. When I start playing a DSD64 file, the dac displays 2.82Mhz 1 bit (that is when the volume in audirvana is at 0db). If I change the volume in Audirvana, the dac displays PCM 176.4khz 24bit.

Is there a way to disable the audirvana sound so that it is controlled entirely by the DAC (like the idsd nano?). I tried versions 3.2 and 3.5 with same result.

I have in recent times made some nice improvements to the performance of my system through a combination of both power and signal management.  However, I can honestly say that the sonic improvements afforded by the move from A+ 3.2 to 3.5 are as significant!  So much more detail... super job Damian!

2015 MacBook Pro > SOtM tX-USBultra > Mutec MC3+USB > Chord Blu Mk2 > Chord Dave > ATC SIA2-150/P1/P2 > ATC SCM50 PSLT