IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

19 minutes ago, Marten said:

First stop playing and then you will see an empty playlist. 

That is not correct.

The play queue does NOT empty: the full track listing stays in the queue, as it should. However the icon still indicates one track left, which does not seem to make sense

NOTE: a playlist and the play queue are not the same thing in Audirvana.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

I had to look in the dictonary what ' a mess' means, because English is not my language, but I can't agree with you.
I had problems with the database but at the moment it is ok. And I'm a heavy user with more than 12000 albums:-)
There are still a few bugs, but in general the program works good now.

I do nothing with the BUILT IN OUTPUT because I only use my Apple Airport.

Fine for you:-). I have 2 databases, about 10.000 and 55.000 albums. When using Audirvana 3.5 and adding new albums using manual sync, the number of albums drops right at the start of the sync. This makes the database unreliable, so I stopped using version 3.5 as I've spent too much time now on this alpha product.

Catching up on this thread and all of the pages.  There were a couple of issues mentioned that I am experiencing worth bringing up again.  A couple of screen shots follow.  

Anybody find that when playing an album A+ will stop after the first track plays and the second track must be manually started?

When clicking on the meta data tag icon on the right side of the screen, it brings up the metadata for a track/album, but A+ will crash not allowing you to click out of that window or back out of that view.  All inputs are unresponsive.

On my iPad, the alpha scroll column that should read "A through Z" is giberish?

256507326_ScreenShot2019-05-14at1_07_30PM.thumb.png.e51c70f0b8f2c7c4022b2a39e7af665a.png.7a058e454bbeb3237a122895245c0ce0.png

IMG_0147.thumb.PNG.ea99b17f0517c043f95a23bc907f8180.PNG

@Booster MPS

Playing an album, plays the whole album here and don’t stop after the first track.

Looking at the meta data and going back gives no crashes here.

On the Ipad “A through  Z” is indeed giberish. 

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

On 5/24/2019 at 6:00 AM, sebassie said:

When using Audirvana 3.5 and adding new albums using manual sync, the number of albums drops right at the start of the sync.

If you leave it alone, what shows at the end? Or did you stop the sync shortly after it began? If so, hard to draw conclusions.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

59 minutes ago, Jud said:

If you leave it alone, what shows at the end? Or did you stop the sync shortly after it began? If so, hard to draw conclusions.

I left it alone in both cases.

Here is the complete story:

Both databases were from audirvana plus 3.2.16 and optimised before migrating them into Audirvana 3.5

Migration took a long time. I could speed it up by giving Audirvana max. priority (sudo renice -20 PID).

After migration the number of albums etc. were the same in Audirvana 3.2 and 3.5

When adding new albums (manual sync) all albums were added correctly but, as I said, the number of albums in the database dropped right at the start of syncing.

This was the result:

Database 1: 10.738 albums (3.2.16) versus 10.726 (3.5.7)

Database 2: 56.195 albums (3.2.16) versus 54.999 (3.5.7)

I repeated the whole migration process with version 3.5.9 and got the same result.

I have the same database in JRiver. The data are the same in JRiver and Audirvana plus 3.2.16

1 hour ago, sebassie said:

I left it alone in both cases.

Here is the complete story:

Both databases were from audirvana plus 3.2.16 and optimised before migrating them into Audirvana 3.5

Migration took a long time. I could speed it up by giving Audirvana max. priority (sudo renice -20 PID).

After migration the number of albums etc. were the same in Audirvana 3.2 and 3.5

When adding new albums (manual sync) all albums were added correctly but, as I said, the number of albums in the database dropped right at the start of syncing.

This was the result:

Database 1: 10.738 albums (3.2.16) versus 10.726 (3.5.7)

Database 2: 56.195 albums (3.2.16) versus 54.999 (3.5.7)

I repeated the whole migration process with version 3.5.9 and got the same result.

I have the same database in JRiver. The data are the same in JRiver and Audirvana plus 3.2.16

I had the same problem.

It is not a bug but a different way to manage albums with more than one album artist

Up to 3.2.16 Audirvana was splitting them in different albums, since 3.5.x it count in different way

for example: if an album has two album artists, let me say Schubert, Franz and Mendelssohn, Felix, the result in 3.2.16 was two albums but the result in 3.5.x is one album and the album artist resulting is Mendelssohn, Felix. In any case the album artist is now the last one ( the album artist defined in the last track of the album.

The same behavior is of course if you have more than two album artist, let me say three: up to 3.2.16 they were 3 albums and since 3.5.x they were 1 album

the solution to obtain the same album count than before 3.5.x is to split this type of albums in different fiscal folders

up to 3.2.16

Folder Schubert, Franz

Folder Album 1

Track 1 album artist Schubert, Franz

Track 2 album artist Schubert, Franz

Track 3 album artist Mendelssohn, Felix

Track 4 album artist Mendelssohn, Felix

result two albums, one for each album artist

since 3.5.x the result is one album with album artist Mendelssohn, Felix

to obtain the same album count you need to create this folder structure

Folder Schubert, Franz

Folder Album 1

Track 1 album artist Schubert, Franz

Track 2 album artist Schubert, Franz

Folder Mendelssohn, Felix

Folder Album 1

Track 3 album artist Mendelssohn, Felix

Track 4 album artist Mendelssohn, Felix

At the beginning of this thread, page 5 and 7, you’ll find my messages to Damien and the answer of Damien is few posts later, #174

hope this will help you

Stefano

My audio system

@stephano

Thanks for trying to help me!

All my albums have 1 album artist, even when there is only 1 artist. So there should be no difference between 3.2.16 and 3.5

The sudden drop in number of albums at the start of sync must have another cause.

32 minutes ago, sebassie said:

@stephano

Thanks for trying to help me!

All my albums have 1 album artist, even when there is only 1 artist. So there should be no difference between 3.2.16 and 3.5

The sudden drop in number of albums at the start of sync must have another cause.

I have no other arrows in my bow .....

... can you put your right hand on fire with your assertion? .....

Stefano

My audio system

Apologies if this has been asked before, but a quick search hasn’t found for me.

I have not yet upgraded from 2.6  however I’ve been trialling 3.5.  I think i want to upgrade to 3.5, however whilst I am happy to pay the upgrade cost, I would like to retain my 2.6 install unaltered, just in case I change my mind (the trial period is a bit short to really decide). 

I have taken the trial of 3.5 as a stand-alone, not upgrade, and it only gives the option of buying at the full price. Alternatively I can go from within 2.6 and select upgrade - but I assume that will replace 2.6, which isn’t what I want.

Any ideas for how to do it? 

Thanks

Mac Mini - late 2012: core i5/2.5GHz/16GB/2x1TB SSDs/El Capitan, headless - Audirvana optimised, dedicated USB bus - USB Regen - Chord Dave DAC - tri-amped with Bryston amps - PMC/ATC speaker combo. (Detail in my profile.)

10 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, but a quick search hasn’t found for me.

I have not yet upgraded from 2.6  however I’ve been trialling 3.5.  I think i want to upgrade to 3.5, however whilst I am happy to pay the upgrade cost, I would like to retain my 2.6 install unaltered, just in case I change my mind (the trial period is a bit short to really decide). 

I have taken the trial of 3.5 as a stand-alone, not upgrade, and it only gives the option of buying at the full price. Alternatively I can go from within 2.6 and select upgrade - but I assume that will replace 2.6, which isn’t what I want.

Any ideas for how to do it? 

Thanks

Make a copy of the 2.6 and just rename it A2.6 or whatever first.
Then you can either upgrade or install the trial version directly. 
This way you can have both versions.

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

I'm really enjoying the sound of 3.5.  The challenge I'm facing is how to play it. My MBP behaves perfectly when I'm using a wireless connection to the network - then microrendu to DAC.  As soon as I plug in an ethernet cord and turn off the wireless it loses connection - no amount of restarting and rebooting works.  Turning back on my wireless reconnects.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

4 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

I'm really enjoying the sound of 3.5.  The challenge I'm facing is how to play it. My MBP behaves perfectly when I'm using a wireless connection to the network - then microrendu to DAC.  As soon as I plug in an ethernet cord and turn off the wireless it loses connection - no amount of restarting and rebooting works.  Turning back on my wireless reconnects.

Sorry to ask the obvious, but did you go back to Sonic Orbiter on-line and use the Audio App-Switcher to restart MPD/DLNA? And then go to Audirvana and re-select the Rendu as the output? It may see a wireless and wired connection as two different beasts.

For what it's worth, my microRendu is working fine with 3.5.x with a wired connection.

1 hour ago, bnbayer said:

Sorry to ask the obvious, but did you go back to Sonic Orbiter on-line and use the Audio App-Switcher to restart MPD/DLNA? And then go to Audirvana and re-select the Rendu as the output? It may see a wireless and wired connection as two different beasts.

For what it's worth, my microRendu is working fine with 3.5.x with a wired connection.

Thanks, I’ll try that and will let you know if that solves it.  Having said that, from what I’ve heard it’s very hard to detect any difference in sq between wired and wireless. If I get connected I’ll mention any improvement. Otherwise, just enjoying the wireless setup.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

11 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

My MBP behaves perfectly when I'm using a wireless connection to the network - then microrendu to DAC.  As soon as I plug in an ethernet cord and turn off the wireless it loses connection - no amount of restarting and rebooting works.  Turning back on my wireless reconnects.

Do you have a network router with access control enabled with a setting that blocks all new devices from connecting to your network?  A wireless and wired connection from the same device will have different MAC addresses so unless you have already allowed the wired connection, the router will see the wired connection as a new device and block it.  Forgetting about doing this on my router has caused many laughable frustrations for myself!

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

3.5.10 now doesn't automatically refresh the monitored folders when launched. Before this update, it did find new albums (even if I did not turn on the Setting for rescanning network folders at start). If I add a new album now I have to manually sync the folder location to have Audirvana find the new album. Anyone else see this behavior?

Audio-Technica DSR5BT; Audio-Technica ATH-WP900 (balanced); FOCAL Clear (balanced); OPPO PM-3 (Double Helix Molecule 2.0 balanced cable); KEF M500; KEF Space One
OPPO HA-1; MERIDIAN Explorer2; MERIDIAN Explorer; & AUDIOQUEST Jitterbugs 
SONY NW-WM1A (Double Helix Molecule SE balanced cable for OPPO PM-3)
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY Incline speakers & ProSub800 subwoofer
MacBook Pro Retina 15" (13,3); Audirvana Plus 3.x; & AIFF files
54 minutes ago, JML said:

3.5.10 now doesn't automatically refresh the monitored folders when launched. ... Anyone else see this behavior?

Yes, I saw it. It was what initially caused my duplication problem which I summarized in post #910.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

1 hour ago, rodrigaj said:

Yes, I saw it. It was what initially caused my duplication problem which I summarized in post #910.

But I did not have the problem before the 3.5.10 update, and your post appeared earlier than that.

Audio-Technica DSR5BT; Audio-Technica ATH-WP900 (balanced); FOCAL Clear (balanced); OPPO PM-3 (Double Helix Molecule 2.0 balanced cable); KEF M500; KEF Space One
2 hours ago, JML said:

3.5.10 now doesn't automatically refresh the monitored folders when launched.

3.5.10: No problem here with sync when adding tracks or albums to watched folders. Sorry, can't help.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

11 hours ago, steveoat said:

Am I the only one who finds editing metadata much much more difficult in 3.5 than in earlier versions?

I'm with you stevecoat. The new layout and tagging systems, is more complicated. I miss the "Show Artist List" in 3.2 where I could change a misplaced/misspelled artist pretty quickly. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's the problem with library systems in these advanced music apps. They look great, but there's always too much time spent on tagging, organizing and dealing with synching issues. I spent way more time listening and less time fixing in my Decibel & Cog days (and yes, Audirvana sounds better than those, but still...) 

Audirvana doesn't pick up all the artist sorting metadata from iTunes.  I had just gone through setting proper sorts in iTunes before doing the Audirvana 3.5.x update, and had to do about 30% of them over in Audirvana.

On 5/27/2019 at 8:30 AM, steveoat said:

Am I the only one who finds editing metadata much much more difficult in 3.5 than in earlier versions?

I am ok with the interface provided, but every time that I expand that window Audirvana locks up.  It's not a crash, but the program becomes unresponsive to mouse clicks and I have to restart it.