IGNORED

Everything sounds the same

mansr

18 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

I would expect there to be careful consideration before making the decision to remove anyone's posts. I would think something would have to fairly extreme to justify removal. I would also expect that you actually read what you're removing. Apparently I may have unrealistic expectations.

Again, you misunderstood my posts. 

I never said I don't read what I remove. I read everything that gets removed. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

7 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

I just find it beyond ironic that the OP of a thread like this, the self-proclaimed Troll of CA, turns out to be such a baby that he would request that a few joking posts be removed. I guess it's only joking when he's doing it.

Live and learn and I learned a lot today.

You have no idea who reported the posts and how many people reported the posts, and what posts were reported.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, look&listen said:

Point of thread is troll playground from ridiculous, offensive Title, to all 33 pages of chaos & insult to good sense.

Point is rules ridiculous in troll thread (almost point of thread creation).

Point is why protect snowflake trolls from what they sow? Are they men who can output, but not input?

I have no clue what you're saying. I'm not protecting anyone. I removed posts by several people including the OP.

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I never said I don't read what I remove. I read everything that gets removed. 

"I’m not going to read every post and try to put comments in context before removal. That’s a waste of time."

"I don’t read 30 pages of posts and attempt to figure out who is joking, who is giving a friend a hard time, and who is being a troll. When posts are reported I look at several of them and attempt to do a little cleanup."

Oh sorry, my mistake.

27 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

That mans was beginning to get a taste of his own medicine, and that this has been very well earned. I think he can take it. Also, in the context of yet another passive-aggressive "humor" thread, that he should be able to control the discourse, especially toward those that don't find this humor  to be extremely tired snark, is a little absurd to me.

I didn't read any of those thoughts in his post toward me. I was talking about reasons and how post removal work, it had zero to do with the content of this thread. 

3 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

"I’m not going to read every post and try to put comments in context before removal. That’s a waste of time."

"I don’t read 30 pages of posts and attempt to figure out who is joking, who is giving a friend a hard time, and who is being a troll. When posts are reported I look at several of them and attempt to do a little cleanup."

Oh sorry, my mistake.

Is this more about you or trying to figure out what's going on and find a way to increase our enjoyment of this hobby?

It really seems like you'd rather debate than do anything to help the situation.

I stand by those comments. Given the nature of online conversations you may read into it more than I wrote. 

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

It really seems like you'd rather debate than do anything to help the situation.

Chris, I don't think so.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

2 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Hi,

What i do not understand about this is, science has progressed the human race beyond what would have been our wildest dreams for 3 centuries ago.

Technology, science etc., has progressed, and yet, we as spiritual beings have not. Why ?

Philosophy will never make what we perceive, believe, or other to become true, yet science provides us with new ideas and discoveries every day.

There is no magic. Only science. If philosophy was so important - and we had new theories that mattered, then we would at least progressed a little bit spiritually - but we still the same as we were thousands of years ago.

Off topic, i know.

Regards,

Shadders.

why?  evolution is much slower than technology change, much less other changes in culture

16 minutes ago, esldude said:

Science's success makes it hard for other philosophies.  Some people get upset by that.  It has been going on for 3 centuries or so.  People have an inherent contrariness in them.  And there is some great value in that.  It also can lead to unfortunate obstinacy.

Tragic, eh?... Who are these philosophers that behave this way? 9_9

Do philosophers exhibit Science Envy?

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

Please help those of us who have no clue rather than

No. This is the same how this started out. If people like to be blind, then they do and it is about "debate" only. Possibly this is the Waffle House way, but not everybody is like that. It is clear that I don't. The fun is elsewhere and surely not about debating for the debate. Too much of that already in here, don't you think ?

Not to put my stance on anyone. Really not.

XXHighEnd (developer)

Just now, Ralf11 said:

why?  evolution is much slower than technology change, much less other changes in culture

Hi,

What i am trying to relate is that we know so much more about science, yet we do not know anything more about ourselves spiritually.

I would have thought with the vast increases in every area of science, that we would have understood the human as a spiritual being, or what we are, a little bit more. We don't.

I am not saying science will advance us, but we should be able to understand ourselves just a little bit more spiritually.

Regards,

Shadders.

Please, blame me for starting this. I am good at that. But you know, I am listening to such great music right now.

It may not be the time of day for you all yet. Then make it that time.

XXHighEnd (developer)