IGNORED

Everything sounds the same

mansr

7 minutes ago, jabbr said:

While this technique is one of several that can be used, the close-in phase error at 60-70 dB/Hz @ 100Hz is not close to the best than can be obtained eg 90-120 @ 1Hz ...

So Yes.

5 minutes ago, manisandher said:

Even Mike Moffat was convinced the PCM1704 was only 96kHz capable

And Yes.

Point(s) made.

I won't disturb further.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

8 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Enough of the nonsense. Keep your abrasive thoughts to yourself and save yourself time by not writing them here. They’ll be removed. 

Are you frickin' kidding me????? After the crap I've read in here, a lot of it by this same OP,  this is line you've decided to draw in the sand? Removing MY fucking posts??!!! This entire thread should have been removed long ago. What an embarrassment.

Please ban me now!

4 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

Are you frickin' kidding me????? After the crap I've read in here, a lot of it by this same OP,  this is line you've decided to draw in the sand? Removing MY fucking posts??!!! This entire thread should have been removed long ago. What an embarrassment.

Please ban me now!

I don’t follow you. I removed about one page of comments and you blow a gasket?

I’m not going to read every post and try to put comments in context before removal. That’s a waste of time. 

Your entitled to a full refund of your purchase price to browse CA. It seems you feel entitled to have your posts immune to removal?

P.S. No posts have been reported until today. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 9/18/2018 at 9:17 AM, mansr said:

All components (and cables) sound exactly alike. There are no differences between a $5 clock radio and the finest system money can buy. If you have evidence to the contrary, you are not permitted to say so in this thread. We like our beliefs and wish to keep them undisturbed by reality.

10 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

What IS reality?

There is no "normal" philosophical discourse which provides common commensurating ground for those who see science and edification as, respectively, "rational" and "irrational," and those who see the quest for objectivity as one possibility among others to be taken account of in wirkungsgeschichtliche Bewusstsein. If there is no such common ground, all we can do is to show how the other side looks from our own point of view.

4 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

I may be misunderstanding, but to be clear here, are you saying you don't feel it's necessary to actually read a post before removing it?

Yes you’re misunderstanding. 

I don’t read 30 pages of posts and attempt to figure out who is joking, who is giving a friend a hard time, and who is being a troll. When posts are reported I look at several of them and attempt to do a little cleanup. 

If you wrote a manifesto that took a couple months to compose, I feel your pain. If you wrote a short coment and feel it is that import please let me know. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

If your wrote a manifesto that took a couple months to compose, I feel your pain. If you wrote a short coment and feel it is that import please let me know. 

I'm letting you know I believe and feel everything I posted, and that was related to what I posted,  is "import" (important to be clear). I wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I don’t read 30 pages of posts and attempt to figure out who is joking, who is giving a friend a hard time, and who is being a troll. When posts are reported I look at several of them and attempt to do a little cleanup. 

I would expect there to be careful consideration before making the decision to remove anyone's posts. I would think something would have to fairly extreme to justify removal. I would also expect that you actually read what you're removing. Apparently I may have unrealistic expectations.

23 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

There is no "normal" philosophical discourse which provides common commensurating ground for those who see science and edification as, respectively, "rational" and "irrational," and those who see the quest for objectivity as one possibility among others to be taken account of in wirkungsgeschichtliche Bewusstsein. If there is no such common ground, all we can do is to show how the other side looks from our own point of view...

...That is, all we can do is be hermeneutic about the opposition~trying to show how the odd or paradoxical or offensive things they say hang together with the rest of what they want to say, and how what they say looks when put in our own alternative idiom.

Richard Rorty, Philosophy and the Mirror of Nature

So, when this is the case, interpretations of the other position tend to be polemical. This includes polemical humor.