IGNORED

RMAF 18

59 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I love the color of these Focal speakers!

A7AF482E-F388-4AB0-B99F-956D36043B6E.jpeg

A066B6DA-D4E0-4DDC-932E-DFB8193A2222.jpeg

+1 ...i saw them at CES, nice!

Just curious, i haven't been on much lately, and last i was on with any regularity, you had a thread about trading up your speakers...i can't find it...what did you end up getting?

18 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Great sound again from Auralic. Really flat frequency response!

Smart system choices and setup. 

Check it out and play your own music. Good stuff. 

A19B8053-A3E6-428E-B32E-554FE901B86C.jpeg

Hello Chris,

I see they are using YG Acoustics....this should be, in IMHO, a larger part of that short review....I say this with the best intentions due to my recent audition of the Hailey’s which are just stunningly good...think this group is emerging as a premiere speaker group but with a uphill walk against the more established high end brands like Wilson and Magico.  

On 9/13/2018 at 12:33 PM, Rt66indierock said:

I'm going to the show and will be there all three days. If anyone wants to get together Friday or Saturday after the show let me know. 

This will be the  first show I'll actually be shopping for equipment since my son wants my Klipsch Heresy based home system and I'm going to give it to him later this year.

So far some interesting seminars with Chris closing the show Digital Vs. Analog.

Have fun at RMAF, but let us know if you run into your "friend" Michael Lavorgna. ?

On 9/27/2018 at 6:01 PM, barrows said:

I'll be attending on Saturday.  We (Sonore) are not exhibiting this year, so I'll be doing some listening.  Anyone who sees me in the hallways etc, please feel free to say hi, I'll have "Sonore" on my badge, and be wearing a Panama hat.

Would love to meet folks and say hi.

You can not wear a Panama hat after labor day.   What is wrong with you?

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

1 hour ago, NOMBEDES said:

You can not wear a Panama hat after labor day.   What is wrong with you?

Pretty nice weather this AM in Colorado!  Got to have something covering the top of my head...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

What does "good vibes" mean??

Does this mean it's only for people who believe in magical cables, accept MQA, believe that jitter's a massive deal, can hear pre-ringing all over the place, believes only >$1000 DACs are worthwhile...?

Archimago's Musings: A "more objective" take for the Rational Audiophile.

Beyond mere fidelity, into immersion and realism.

:nomqa: R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Just now, Archimago said:

Does this mean it's only for people who believe in magical cables, accept MQA, believe that jitter's a massive deal, can hear pre-ringing all over the place, believes only >$1000 DACs are worthwhile...?

Dude!!  Just asking that question is sending out bad vibes to harsh the lasagna

and it's >$30,000 DACs  BTW

On 9/13/2018 at 3:53 PM, austinpop said:

Works for me too. We can meet at the legendary, world-renowned Pint Brothers Alehouse on the lobby level.

Saturday 6pm. Ish.

Have one for me, folks.  Waving from NM!  :) 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

10 minutes ago, Archimago said:

You undertand the environment in that seminar well.