IGNORED

RMAF 18

I'm going to the show and will be there all three days. If anyone wants to get together Friday or Saturday after the show let me know. 

This will be the  first show I'll actually be shopping for equipment since my son wants my Klipsch Heresy based home system and I'm going to give it to him later this year.

So far some interesting seminars with Chris closing the show Digital Vs. Analog.

2 hours ago, driedmango said:

Lucky kid :P

Are you looking to replace with some entry level speakers like the Elacs or high end like the new Paradigm or Revels?

First simpler, computer, usb adapter and active monitors would be ideal. And generally my reference albums and reference recordings break most high end systems. I have a recipe and use AES20 to evaluate speakers. 

10 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

I'm going to the show and will be there all three days. If anyone wants to get together Friday or Saturday after the show let me know. 

This will be the  first show I'll actually be shopping for equipment since my son wants my Klipsch Heresy based home system and I'm going to give it to him later this year.

So far some interesting seminars with Chris closing the show Digital Vs. Analog.

That's rich, I thought I heard it all. "I'm giving my kid my gear so I have to get new stuff" ?

My rig

12 hours ago, Foggie said:

That's rich, I thought I heard it all. "I'm giving my kid my gear so I have to get new stuff" ?

When my son was four I swapped into my home system an Advent Receiver, an Advent 201A cassette deck and turntable a fumble fingered DJ would have a hard time breaking with a broadcasting cartridge to go with the Heresy's. When he was ten I swapped back the Frank Van Alstine modified Dynaco preamp, the modified Dynaco ST-70 power amp, the Kenwood direct drive turntable with an aluminum  Infinity Black Widow tone arm and my favorite cartridge a Stanton 681EEE made in New York. As well as other fragile pieces.

He loves the system so I'm giving it to him. He has the skills to do the maintenance and repairs necessary to keep the system sounding great.

And my circumstances have changed so I want less pieces in my home system. Ideally as I said earlier a computer, a USB interface and two active monitors closer to studio types.  Part of that change will be hunting down a pair of Yamaha NS-10M speakers for the office not replace a modified pair of AR-4x speakers I've loved for 34 years but be on the same page with recording and mastering engineers. 

5 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

When my son was four I swapped into my home system an Advent Receiver, an Advent 201A cassette deck and turntable a fumble fingered DJ would have a hard time breaking with a broadcasting cartridge to go with the Heresy's. When he was ten I swapped back the Frank Van Alstine modified Dynaco preamp, the modified Dynaco ST-70 power amp, the Kenwood direct drive turntable with an aluminum  Infinity Black Widow tone arm and my favorite cartridge a Stanton 681EEE made in New York. As well as other fragile pieces.

He loves the system so I'm giving it to him. He has the skills to do the maintenance and repairs necessary to keep the system sounding great.

And my circumstances have changed so I want less pieces in my home system. Ideally as I said earlier a computer, a USB interface and two active monitors closer to studio types.  Part of that change will be hunting down a pair of Yamaha NS-10M speakers for the office not replace a modified pair of AR-4x speakers I've loved for 34 years but be on the same page with recording and mastering engineers. 

Awesome :) 

"Yamaha NS-10M speakers for the office" Interesting. Never would have thought for office, but what the hell!

My rig

10 hours ago, Foggie said:

Awesome :) 

"Yamaha NS-10M speakers for the office" Interesting. Never would have thought for office, but what the hell!

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/yamaha-ns10-story

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

35 minutes ago, Foggie said:

:)I was aware of NS10's long studio history, never knew there was a home theatre version as well, weird.

"There are versions badged NS10M Pro, NS10MX, NS10MC, NS10MT, and a miniature version that was sold in a 5.1 home-theatre package called the NS10MM"

I am going to use them as part of the evaluation process before releasing albums.

• 2 weeks later...

I might make it. 

Will there be cable fights at the party?  I think in-person cable fights (combined with booze) would be much more fun than the online variety.  Be sure to take video!

Fightin Babies 2.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I'll be attending on Saturday.  We (Sonore) are not exhibiting this year, so I'll be doing some listening.  Anyone who sees me in the hallways etc, please feel free to say hi, I'll have "Sonore" on my badge, and be wearing a Panama hat.

Would love to meet folks and say hi.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Saturday evening get together, I'll probably make it for quick drink and to say hi to folks.  anyone who has any questions on what Sonore is up to please feel free to approach me and ask.  Perhaps, if we have 10 or more folks I will run an impromptu (free) raffle for a Dark Matter system clarifier...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio