Jump to content
IGNORED

RMAF 18


Recommended Posts

Just now, austinpop said:

 

Aaaah all this pressure! I didn't really make this playlist to represent my tastes, just to throw up a few test tracks on Qobuz.

 

Please don't judge me. :D 

 

When testing new equipment, it is probably better to use some music that you are not too familiar with, as your brain will fill in any gaps and your perception could play a more significant role in what you hear if you only play stuff you've listened to many times in the past.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, austinpop said:

 

Aaaah all this pressure! I didn't really make this playlist to represent my tastes, just to throw up a few test tracks on Qobuz.

 

Please don't judge me. :D 

For me it is new way of finding additional music that I might never consider on my own ?.  I like getting recommendations on music from other folks and expand my musical horizon, so no judging from me ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Derek Hughes said:

Yep, spent quite a bit of time at both Axpona and RMAF with Gayle and I really like the whole system concept and sound. I had a friend with me, he's blind but has excellent hearing so I used him as a sounding board, excuse the pun. On Friday he wasn't impressed and heard many systems which he preferred. However, on Saturday he changed his mind. We asked the guy from Aurender if they had changed anything. He said that they had changed the input from their server from USB to spfdif. He also said that he could hear a big difference.

 

This is where the meat is - get a linkage wrong, and the SQ dives into an abyss. But very few want to take it seriously, it's much more exciting discussing blingy speakers ... :P.

Frank

 

http://artofaudioconjuring.blogspot.com/

 

 

Over and out.

.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Derek Hughes said:

Yep, spent quite a bit of time at both Axpona and RMAF with Gayle and I really like the whole system concept and sound. I had a friend with me, he's blind but has excellent hearing so I used him as a sounding board, excuse the pun. On Friday he wasn't impressed and heard many systems which he preferred. However, on Saturday he changed his mind. We asked the guy from Aurender if they had changed anything. He said that they had changed the input from their server from USB to spfdif. He also said that he could hear a big difference. Gayle told me that they should be in production pretty soon and he's in the process of lining up a dealer network. As soon as that's in place I'll probably get one. 

 

Derek,

 

That explains why when I went by the Eikon room on Friday, I came away somewhat underwhelmed. As I said in the comments to my article, I'll be giving it another listen for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

The Kii Three was there mounted on their BXT woofer/stands.

 

Hi Kal,

 

I looked for Kii in the Exhibitor list and didn't see them listed. Were they just part of another exhibitor's system?

 

Before going to Denver, I had looked at the list for both Kii and Dutch^2, and found neither.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, austinpop said:

 

Hi Kal,

 

I looked for Kii in the Exhibitor list and didn't see them listed. Were they just part of another exhibitor's system?

 

Before going to Denver, I had looked at the list for both Kii and Dutch^2, and found neither.

I did the same. In fact I've been in touch with both. Kii have a dealer in the Bay area so I'll make an appointment with them. Closest for Dutch would be LA, I may make a trip there. I would like to hear both of them before I commit to Eikon, obviously a big difference in price, it would certainly pay for a plane trip. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bobfa said:

Was there a Qobuz announcement at the show?

The Qobuz USA launch has slipped a bit.  Qobuz was handing out free preview codes but they were on the Qobuz UK service.

NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

 

i7-6700K/Windows 10 Version 2004/HDPLEX 300W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, austinpop said:

Dutch^2

 

Rajiv, you must be preparing for something. ;)

Only a few hours away now ...

 

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2      Ethernet^2     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Austinpop,

Did you hear the Spatial Lumina? It's garnered a lot of good buzz-

 

pawsman

Nuprime CDP-9 w/Teradak DC-30 LPS/Mivera ICEedge 1200AS2 Class D amplifer/Tekton Impact Monitors/2 Emotiva DSP 10 Subs/Emotiva CMX-2 Line fliter-DC offset

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...