IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

@Paul R Thanks for the reply and there are no/never dumb questions-I wasn't clear- I don't run ROON, A+3, or the respective TIDAL/Qobuz desktop app at the same time if you do you sometimes run the risk of the application saying device is being 'hogged' by another device(and sometimes not) especially if you (I) use a different DAC(I guess 'endpoint' in ROON techie jargon)

My system isn't slow in my opinion everything(Google Goggle Mail my EMR and the streaming services and A+3) except ROON loads in seconds like you say- for me ROON takes minutes to load( a lot of minutes) BUT that has always been like that and is even worse now for example the other day it took 15-20 minutes for a song to start playing on ROON either in Qobuz or TIDAL more likely Qobuz AND nothing plays now(when it plays at all) in HiRes or MQA only in lossless 16/44 regardless if I use my Gungnir or Explorer2

I have signed in/out of TIDAL and Qobuz several times doesn't help and rebooted(just restarts not force quit) several times and those steps don't help any either and am awaiting 'help' from ROON

I like your suggestion there might be 'congestion' somewhere I think it has to be with ROON but I'll be darned if I know how to clear that up-I have asked ROON support in past to show me how cancel out my version of ROON( now 1.6) and allow me to reinstall it 'new' don't see why it can't be done as I have had ROON since it started and have a lifetime subscription

For example am listening to my entire cd ripped in AIFF/FLAC library 16000+tracks on A+3 my DAC's are showing either 24/88.2 or 24 96 and in some rare cases 24/192

FWIW- my system is late 2012 mac mini i7 16gb ram/spectrum cable >>100mbps to apple time capsule 2tb tower WiFI  output is mac mini  el capitan usb to either first generation schiit gungnir or meridian explorer 2 nothing else then out to my ancient Yamaha vx-2500 avr to my cambridge soundworks(henry kloss's old company) towers model 6's and s-300 satellites and original ensemble passive subwoofers and i use sennheiser 598's and rs 195's for headphones

if you have any other ideas or suggestions let me know my SQ otherwise is wonderful ROON has just become annoying frustrating BUT  A+3 is almost just as good except for metadata

bobbmd

@Paul R Thank you for taking the time with all those suggestions-never gave it a thought to putting my 'library' on a stick and will try out all those other things also

Also I seem to have lost my 'bobbmd' spot with a brown colored large B on the ROON support/community page so have sent the topic again to @Dylan and the COO @Danny at ROON hope they get it and I can retrieve their answers if any- my idea is asking them how to just dis-install ROON and reinstall a new version and start from the begining after all this time-I do have a lifetime subscription(whatever that means at my age as my CFO pointed out when she saw the credit card charge a few years ago).

thanks again will let you know- if worse comes to worse will just use the apps and A+3-just love having Qobuz in USA and I transferred all my TIDAL DEEZER and Spotify playlists to Qobuz via Soundiiz anyway

@Bob Stern & @Paul R apple time capsule is just one of my 3 backups

what i did is go back and restored my ROON(from ROON's backup) to feb 13th and it sort of worked -my ZONES came back(ie ME2 and Gungnir but strangely Apple TV 3rd gen which i hardly ever listen came back but the pathway was only 'high quality' and didn't sound too bad) the ME2 and Gungnir now play everything in ROON but Qobuz music is not sometime or is playing sometimes-for example the TIDAL version in MQA of Joe Lovano's trio tapestry the tidal version of MQA is only 16/44(even in DSP) and after a lengthy wait the Qobuz version in24/96 suddenly IS playing( as advertised 24/96!) maybe ROON is just SLOW overall and i am just overreacting-but the desktop apps for both and A+3 are instantaneous and i don't understand why ROON doesn't play at what the album says the bit rate is supposed to but IT IS 'working' again somewhat

BTW I also changed the 'settings'  for both ME2 and Gungnir to DSP and they play per pathway as enhanced with all music being at least 24bit at the end of the pathway

I am just not going to touch anything more on ROON and see if THEY can sort this out- so am sort of happy again but not completely

@Paul R & @AudioDoctor thanks -this am ROON is relatively fast and EVERYTHING now plays including Qobuz(slow to start  some music/albums) but RADIO is instantaneous as are most other things ie playlists genres etc and @Paul R thanks for that video pretty much what I have now

have no idea what happened but seems most of ROON is back to 'normal' let's hope it stays that way- for now I am not going to monkey with any new settings or  change 'device setups' etc

thanks for yours and everybody else's suggestions! I even heard back from ROON support yesterday!

I think the trick was restoring ROON back to feb 13th

@luisma please be more patient and stop making comments like 'this is ridiculous'- just go to the ROON support/community page and see the problems there with Qobuz integration which I think it is basically from ROON's end( especially my particular issues(s))

So, if you are having bluetooth/carplay problem with listening to Qobuz listen to some other streaming service for a while(I am sure you have more than just Qobuz or listen to Sirius) and stop making hurtful comments to @dmackta or @David Craff who are both doing a yeoman's(yoepersons) job getting this all to work to everybody's satisfaction

bobbmd

Like our leader says this is for Qobuz issues sorry i even put my 2cents in good luck with your problem I accept your comments as a newbie here - again sorry if i offended you  and wasn’t being condescending just commenting/making a suggestion

as always- just be patient bobbmd  

@Sal1950 I don't if this will help but I currently have a 5.1 expanded to 7.1 system- it consists of a Yamaha rx v-2500 avr and a Yamaha dvd-audio sacd dvd cd changer c-750 coupled with an Outlaw Audio ICBM-1( bass manager)

you need ability to connect 5 or 7 separate speaker connections to avr via changer and icbm-1 assume you would need audio stream from Qobuz or other streaming service capable sending 5 channel signal into a DAC out to an avr capable of sending of accepting signal and convert it to analogue

I don't use this system utilizing my dvd-a sacd collection anymore(too much trouble finding the discs taking them out then having to put them away etc-BUT I now send TIDAL/Qobuz by their desktop apps or ROON or Audirvana+3( using MQA masters or HiRes 24/88,96,192 plus my ripped FLAC AIFF and DVD-A SACD library) through same system using ME2 or Gungnir DAC (plus my AVR has multichannel surround(standard and enhanced) prologic PLii music neo 6)-don't know if this is truly 'surround sound' (or i just 'think' it is!) like listening to actual discs but sounds really good to my ears especially with HiRes/MQA streams at least to me so maybe Qobuz doesn't need to offer 5.1per se but I think when I watch Netflix through a fire stick or Apple TV 3rd gen sound is pretty good also but still not same as discs dvd-a sacd cd or dvd sounded in now distant past

@Kal Rubinson : this whole thread peaked my interest and your #1508 response to me(haven't listened to discs in dvd-a or sacd for a long time)- just for giggles i put 2 dvd-a discs the doors and workingman's dead & 3 scad dsd discs the rolling stones singles collection & bob dylan's other side of... and bringing it all back home on my combo changer in multichannel on my avr and switched between them and corresponding albums in hires on Qobuz- boy there is certainly some subtle differences- the discs have clearer crisper sound dylan's voice is more 'forward' the background instruments are 'background' w /more echos(more 'real'?) and workingman's dead a great difference much 'duller' in hires but i always thought the dead's studio albums especially the workingmans dead and american beauty were 2 of best sounding discs in dvd-a i have ever listened to- and now music direct catalogue has these in SACD

haven't done same comparisons using A+3 and ROON vs the actual discs but will

SO- do you think this miniDSP DAC will reproduce the sound of actual discs do you have one?( the cost is low enough to take the chance) ? I certainly have the ability to connect 5 or 7 analogue connections as i already have the setup with changer plus the bass manager into my avr??

I have read with interest you comments on ROON's 'community' page

As of about 12noon or so EST all came back had to resign into Qobuz and TIDAL on A+3 Qobuz deskapp just ‘cameback’ TIDAL never really was affected on desktop app

ROON is still a distastor nothing plays ‘versions’ of albums do not play and if they do do not play at hires or master/mqa just 16/44 

@dylan at ROON support acknowledges there is a ‘problem’ that predates this DDoS attack suggests you ‘disable’ Qobuz and TIDAL but gives no EXPLINATION how to do this unlike A+3 which has a way to log off then reconnect

Also never got that java script that @rickca described just a pink box saying error 500 or something

@Polyglot I did this easily but switched my PayPal to AE-I had a 'French' account switched to STUDIO while still with the French address.

I had already transferred all my TIDAL playlists( that I had made myself) via Soundiiz in the event they would transfer(they did not so I just redid it once I had USA account).

I had great support from Qobuz USA(yes you should/need to use them I left their exact US email address somewhere on this thread in Jan- just as @left channel said) in form of an Eric Benoit-he transferred my account did change my user name and he gave me a new password(  and from @mdackta here and from @left channel here )AND if you have ROON everything transferred nicely.

If you also have Audirvana nothing changed at all in terms of what I had on Qobuz previously and all play nicely at 24/192 through my ME2 DAC and SQ is excellent on my Schiit Gungnir( you will need to check your 'pathway' on ROON for bit rate etc).

@Mark Dirac Sorry for your problems- have never had an issue with Qobuz(or TIDAL) being ‘resources hungry’ have had Qobuz since 2013 with French address now USA studio account i also have Audirvana +3 and ROON and sometimes run all of them at once to do a/b/c/d comparisons-sometimes this works other times one or other says ‘device is being hogged by another device’ and i shut/quit something and all the while doing other things like my EMR.

IMHO instead of a temporary work around why not ditch the PC and find a used late 2012 Mac Mini i7 with 16GB ram running El Capitan or earlier and use that as a music server-my 2012 Mac  Mini is as quiet as a church mouse and i never hear the fan and it sits right next to me while i listen to music- it does get ‘warm’ but has never failed me all these years of use.

if what i suggested is unacceptable to you contact Qobuz support directly or maybe @dmackta or @David Craff here can help you

@left channel I get the same blue dot/LED&2 white dots and same blue dot/LED& 2 white dots on my ME2 DAC from TIDAL desktop app and A+3 respectively the Qobuz version on A+3 only gives three white dots at 15/44 but album says MQA and the DAC says 24/192- on ROON the Qobuz version doesn't play at all or takes too long for me to wait(but the album says it is MQA??) but the TIDAL version plays immediately but at only at 176 and with green dot and 2 white LED's and it says  flac 44 16 2ch MQA 172.6 on an 'Enhanced Pathway' yet the album says FLAC 48 24 MQA 192.The Qobuz desktop only has 16/44 but also says it is an MQA album and give only one white dot.

I get no dropouts crackles pops or hisses on any of above. Neither do I on my Schiit Gungnir DAC.

They all sound wonderful with TIDAL desktop sounding maybe 'brighter' and 'louder'- makes me wonder what all the fuss is about ie 16/44 24/16-88-96-176 or 192 all sound great and about the same but never 'as good' as actual disc played from my CD/DVD-A/SACD/DVD changer.

• 3 weeks later...

@The Computer Audiophile: album is on both TIDAL and Qobuz within A+3 both play well and with 3 white LED's on ME2)16/44 FLAC the DAC is 24/192.

On TIDAL desktop app the album IS available only in HiFi and plays only one white LED on ME2.

On Qobuz desktop the album is available and is totally corrupted through ME2(almost thought I ruined my speakers) BUT plays fine through Schiit Gungnir!? But is only 16/44.Any idea why that is?

On ROON which takes forever to load and play the album will NOT play at all from Qobuz version no matter how many times you hit 'play now' it plays the TIDAL version but again with only one white LED from ME2.

I am totally confused by the inherent complexity of ROON since integration with Qobuz ie it's ever so slooow loading of it's main page ever so slow in loading albums/playlists and it not playing some albums AT ALL like above.

I just stick with A+3 which virtually never fails to play regardless if you choose TIDAL or Qobuz it decodes MQA with either a blue/green LED and nearly all other material is with 3 white LED's and upsampled from 16/44 or 24/96 to 24/192 and sometimes it even implies that Qobuz is playing an MQA album because I get a blue/green LED when playing from Qobuz( or is that on ROON?)!!??. I hope ver 3.5 will be the same.

I don't think the content though is quite same as found on the TIDAL or Qobuz desktops but it is satisfying for me.

• 6 months later...

i have no problems whatsoever with TIDAL or Qobuz desktop or on my iphone or ipad pro nor with ROON or Audirvana A+3 desktop or iphone or ipad pro---and never had problem when i was given a French address(in New France... get it that's what the northeast would have been called if the French had won on the Plains of Abraham) by Qobuz before it came to USA

the problem IS the people who insist on using PC's and esoteric thigamajiggers to 'improve' sound quality--- use apple buy Schiit(made in America in Calif) but I also use AQDFred and Meridian Explorer2 with sennheiser 'cans' both wireless rs 195s and 598 hd's and my SQ is always pristine and i use apple time capsule extreme as my WiFi 

• 4 weeks later...

YES 4 days ago similar problem not quite the same---- lost A+3.5.25 had to repeatedly reconnect to BOTH Qobuz and TIDAL lost all my self made playlists on Qobuz. NOTHING would load or play. Thought something was wrong with A+3.5.25 in USA

The Qobuz desktop app also wouldn't work TIDAL would work. Had to repeatedly sign in to ROON for both TIDAL and Qobuz.

Suddenly last night everything came back this AM only thing that plays on A+3 is some of my legacy Itunes library all my playlists are back but don't load Qobuz or TIDAL.

I got similar pictures and info as above in one form or another.

TIDAL desktop works. ROON just keeps flicking through songs Qobuz now doesn't recognize my new Yggy GS! but plays through my ME2 ! Oops forgot to turn off A+3!

BUT still this problem with A+3 remains similar to above problems with Qobuz.

Some in A+ community said it was 'my network' have had same network since 2012 everything on my mac mini and internet works fine-- no answer from A+ 'support' and haven't heard back from @dmackta or @David Craff on AS.

Question is there something corrupt in ver A=3.5.25 or with Qobuz USA?? I am an Apple user not windows