IGNORED

Article: RIP Gilbert Klein - Thanks For Everything

Oh wow!  So very sad.  I did not know Gilbert, but enjoyed every one of his stories immensely.  I would encourage all CA readers to go back and read a few.  They are funny and enlightening.

Please Chirs, keep us posted if you find anything else out about his family, etc.  Given that he was older and in retirement, I assume there are no children left in dire need.  But still, would be nice to know if there is a fund or a place to send a gift.

Sad to hear. Sorry for the loss of life, and loss of his input here. I enjoyed his columns.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

Terrible news,  I loved his contribution to CA. I’m sure he will be missed throughout the music industry. R.I.P Gilbert. 

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

I knew Gilbert for over 40 years. He loved doing this article, which I likened to the rock n roll version of Paul Harvey's "The Rest of the Story". Gilbert provided insight and meaning to his experiences in Rock n Roll that anyone who read his articles would "get".

There is an archive on this site of his contributions. You could spend your time much more foolishly than to read these articles. https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/88_the-music-in-me/

rip good friend, you moved people. It the best thing you can do.

A gifted writer with a storied life. RIP.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

I am very grateful Gilbert wrote Fat Chance about the radio station KFAT in Gilroy California. I listened to it and the successor station KPIG when I was in the Bay Area and have listened to the the station online since 1995. 

Gilbert's friends and family have my condolences and I hope their memories of him stay fresh in their minds.

Very sad to hear this. I read all of his articles. He was talented and will be missed.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Very sad news.  Great stories!  Hate to see the story tellers leave.  I guess there are only a few left who were there and remember.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

Far too young to leave us. Our consolation is that we (1)got to share in a bit of the magic that was Gilbert, and (2)his was, apparently, a life well lived. I truly enjoyed his columns for CA. I will now how to read his book sitting in my Kindle file.

I read every one of Gilbert's articles.

Never realized he was a seminal figure in San Francisco music.

For whatever reason I have a special affinity for the San Francisco Sound.

The bands, the venues, the vibe.

An unique time in the history of American Music that equals Jelly Roll Morton, Louis Armstrong, Bix Beiderbeck, Glenn Miller, Bennie Goodman, The Duke, Gene Krupa, Charley Parker, Elvis, Buddy Holly, Miles Davis, John Coltrane and all the rest of the American originals.

Very sorry to hear this: I very much enjoyed all of his columns and was looking forward to more. He lived well. RIP

2010 Mac Mini > Singxer SU-1 > Lampizator Amber II > Rogue Cronus Magnum (modded & NOS signal tubes with 6P3S-e power tubes) > Aural Acoustic Model B speakers. Furutech outlets, PI Audio USB Cable, PAD Aqueous Aureus Praesto Digital IC, Audio Envy ICs & SCs, TWL PCs, and PI Audio Buss-Stop power conditioner.