IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Yes they do.  About 15 domestic orders.  And all who requested and paid for the over-priced (just my cost), slow, UPS Ground service are being upgraded to FedEx 2nd Day. No charge of course. :D

Just to be clear, today finishes shipment of ALL first-batch units. Every last built unit (save one or two for in case of emergency) will be gone. Will then be waiting for the next 250 circuit boards to arrive—about November 22–so we can start the process all over again and work towards the December 12th promised date for second-run buyers.

I'm guessing the units are not shipping in strict numerical order? I'M #8875 which leaves about 30+ ERs after mine in the 1st batch not just 15. I also paid for FedEx 2nd day or whatever was 22.00.So I assume that is a Friday arrival which is perfect because I can be home to get it:-)

Not complaining, just concerned I wasn't overlooked in the first batch

9 minutes ago, tomjtx said:

Not complaining, just concerned I wasn't overlooked in the first batch

Definitely not overlooked! :D

Last week we shipped most of the domestic Priority Mail units because those batches are really quick to prepare and the cut-off at the post office is very late in the afternoon. Monday was a holiday (though I worked), and my assistant had a family matter keeping her out Tuesday. She is kitting all the last units now and they will be dropped at FedEx by 1:30.

2 hours ago, jos said:

Yep, there are a lot audiophiles in the Netherlands. I ordered mine by Audiostore and I assume a few other Dutch guys too, so the amounts is  even higher.

When did you order your ER from the Audiostore?

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

3 minutes ago, jos said:

Oh, Some time ago as a priority customer; I will receive my ER Tomorrow 😀

Happy listening Jos. I think that will not be a problem reading all those happy customers reviews. 

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

Wednesday, November 13th:

Today we shipped all the first-batch EtherREGENs heading to users outside of the USA, as well as the last 15 domestic units. The staff at our local FedEx drop-off location were VERY surprised when we arrived with 45 packages!

FedEx is fast, so assuming no delays in customs, our overseas friends should be receiving their EtherREGENs be early next week.

Given that we are two days ahead of the originally promised November 15th ship date, I'd say this was a successful launch. 9_9 

Now we wait for the next 250 boards and cases to arrive so we can start the process all over again. For some reason, the December 12th promise date--for the second batch--seems more daunting than the November cycle. But I am sure it will work out.

P1090317.JPG.7d3157e57dcc8dfa9e22dc94fead3d83.JPG 

1 minute ago, Ehsu said:

I assume there is no one cancel their order in the first batch then?

Early on a couple of people--who also ordered from a dealer--canceled, and that resulted in the earliest two "second-batch" buyers getting their units sooner.  We have held back two units for some possible emergency. So no more EtherREGENs shipping until December.

(Unless someone wants to pay me $5,000 for one. In which case I buy my wife a nice present and myself a fine bottle of bourbon. x-D)

37 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Wednesday, November 13th:

Today we shipped all the first-batch EtherREGENs heading to users outside of the USA, as well as the last 15 domestic units. The staff at our local FedEx drop-off location were VERY surprised when we arrived with 45 packages!

FedEx is fast, so assuming no delays in customs, our overseas friends should be receiving their EtherREGENs be early next week.

Given that we are two days ahead of the originally promised November 15th ship date, I'd say this was a successful launch. 9_9 

Now we wait for the next 250 boards and cases to arrive so we can start the process all over again. For some reason, the December 12th promise date--for the second batch--seems more daunting than the November cycle. But I am sure it will work out.

P1090317.JPG.7d3157e57dcc8dfa9e22dc94fead3d83.JPG 

Is your system supposed to generate shipping notification with a tracking number?

I know I haven't received mine. My web order # was #8853.

I later added ISO-Regen with web order #9029

Was I pushed  out of the first batch due to the addition? (No good deed goes unpunished?)

Stereo

[Genelec 1032C x 2 + 7360 x 2] <== [MC3+USB x 3 <-- REF10 SE120] <== [AERIS G2] <== [EtherRegen x 3]
Chain switchable to [Genelec 8331 x 2 + 7350]

Surround

[Genelec 1032C x 3 + 8431 x 2  + 7360 x 2] <== [MiniDSP U-DIO8] <== [Mac Mini] 

12 minutes ago, LowMidHigh said:

Is your system supposed to generate shipping notification with a tracking number?

Our system does automatically generate and send out tracking notices, but is seems like today they have been slow to go out. So I just went in and manually prompted them to be sent. Some people might receive duplicate messages.

By the way, FedEx is having trouble with its tracking system the past 24 hours.  So please don't start checking on your shipments until sometime tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, LowMidHigh said:

I know I haven't received mine. My web order # was #8853.

I later added ISO-Regen with web order #9029

Was I pushed  out of the first batch due to the addition? (No good deed goes unpunished?)

Glad you pointed this out Guy!  Looks like when I combined your orders in our system, the higher order number survived, and so you inadvertently got dropped into the second batch.  As you know, you and I already had a LOT of back and forth e-mail messages with regards to where your goods are to be sent. This might have had something to do with the error.

In any case, as mentioned, I did hold onto a couple of last EtherREGEN units, so we can tomorrow send one--along with the ISO REGEN you order--on its way to you. :D

9 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Our system does automatically generate and send out tracking notices, but is seems like today they have been slow to go out. So I just went in and manually prompted them to be sent. Some people might receive duplicate messages.

By the way, FedEx is having trouble with its tracking system the past 24 hours.  So please don't start checking on your shipments until sometime tomorrow.

Glad you pointed this out Guy!  Looks like when I combined your orders in our system, the higher order number survived, and so you inadvertently got dropped into the second batch.  As you know, you and I already had a LOT of back and forth e-mail messages with regards to where your goods are to be sent. This might have had something to do with the error.

In any case, as mentioned, I did hold onto a couple of last EtherREGEN units, so we can tomorrow send one--along with the ISO REGEN you order--on its way to you. :D

I'm much blessed for your private stash...

Thank you for acting so quickly and for successfully resolving it.

Stereo

[Genelec 1032C x 2 + 7360 x 2] <== [MC3+USB x 3 <-- REF10 SE120] <== [AERIS G2] <== [EtherRegen x 3]
Chain switchable to [Genelec 8331 x 2 + 7350]

Surround

[Genelec 1032C x 3 + 8431 x 2  + 7360 x 2] <== [MiniDSP U-DIO8] <== [Mac Mini] 

10 hours ago, Superdad said:

Fedex has scheduled the delivery to me (in The Netherlands) for tomorrow..if they make it that is incredibly fast! :)

Thank you Alex and your employees for your hard work! 👍

FedEx shipping notice states my EtherRegen is due for delivery tomorrow :) so, in preparation (as my ethernet cables are pretty stiff), today I bought one of those Audiophile Doorstoppers. you know... the Darko Certified ones:

DarkosDoor.jpg

😛

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones