IGNORED

What music player software do you use the most?

What software do you use on the system you listen to MOST  

248 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

my understanding is that only deezer and flac subscription services support flac.

No Tidal today ?

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

12 hours ago, Spacehound said:

I only voted because I can't resist 'quizzes' and similar.

Then I suggest you give MQA a quizzle. x-D

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

XXHighEnd in main system. (Roon/HQPlayer in office.)

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

other : media monkey free Ed.

Complete "player suite" is :

Minimserver on the NAS, transcoding all files to wav 24/192

then, Media Monkey plays the transcoded files

then, Equalizer APO with convolution file takes PC sounds (MMonkey for music or other softs when needed) and stream them to the DDC thru USB.

2.1 basic stuff => 2 mains are Dynaudio Core59 + sub Dynaudio 18s

Actives / digital AES in / active correction on PC side

Passive daddy setup is dead

• 1 month later...

I have given up all except Pure Music.

1. Use the 64 bit crossover function to drive a four channel dac.

2. Use the integral  upsampler to the highest rate supported by the dac.

3. Less is More function is a playlist style. Improves sonic quality more than I can explain.

4. Playback from RAM. 

There may be better playback software. But I seriously doubt it. Even 44.1/16 sounds glorious. 96-24 is amazing. 

It does DSD too. All my DSD files are ISO rips. Does not do ISO playback. That is a feature Rob wanted to offer, not sure how many potential users.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

I use the Logitech Media Server feeding my Logitech Squeezebox Touch, exclusively. I have JRiver Media Player 23, but I use it only as a organizational/cataloging tool. The Logitech Server streams the files directly from my iTunes music folder (irrespective of format, bit depth, or sample rate) and doesn't use either iTunes (which I never use) or JRiver at all. When playing music from my desktop system, my source is JRiver, but only then. 

George

• 4 months later...
On 2/7/2018 at 5:28 PM, daverich4 said:

And as other people have commented, on the JRiver forums the bedside manner of JimH leaves a lot to be desired. 

After all these years I now should really give Roon a chance.

(... or Minimserver + BubbleUPnP Server + JPLAY - and iPad with LINN Kazoo)

?

other: Daphile

a Linux all in one Version!

Gigabyte-GA-Z97 Sniper with separate usb-dac out,5v usb-power disabeld in Bios. i3 4130T(35 W)@800mhz,16gb ram@800mhz @1.25v. Cpu+Ram powered by Pico-160w+Voltcraft Lab.PSU.

Cpu-Fan+Music Hdd with 2 separate  LPsu. JLsounds Dac-Kit: USB-I2S XMOS-board+ AK4490 DAC+DVR603 FB+2 JLS LPSU. Player: wtfplay and Daphile

Tubeamp: Lua 4040 C . LS: Chario Academy II. Conections/Filters: Reson DNM / Fisch Audio.

FB2K. I have created four DLNA renderers using FB2K and the UPnP component. One is a native Windows device and the other three (Asus EEEpc 2g surf, Dell Fx160 thin client and Cenovo mini pc) are running various Linux versions in persistent mode on sdcard/thumb drives with WINE.

I also have two Chromecast audio devices and an Audiocast M5 (chromecast lookalike).

Everything is tied together with Minimserver (with minimstreamer enabled and transcoding performed by FFMPEG), BubbleUPnP server (to create Openhome renderers) and Linn Kazoo on a dedicated smartphone as the controller.

The FB2K devices perform flawlessly in this setup and play everything thrown at them including internet radio streams (incorporated in several M3u files separated by genre). The chromecast devices will play all static files served up by Minimserver but balk at the internet streams; some will play, while others will not.

The Audiocast M5 has DLNA built in, and plays all formats just fine, but volume control with Linn Kazoo is non-existent. I have to use the companion app to effect volume control.

rmel66.

11 minutes ago, rmel66 said:

FB2K. I have created four DLNA renderers using FB2K and the UPnP component. One is a native Windows device and the other three (Asus EEEpc 2g surf, Dell Fx160 thin client and Cenovo mini pc) are running various Linux versions in persistent mode on sdcard/thumb drives with WINE.

I also have two Chromecast audio devices and an Audiocast M5 (chromecast lookalike).

Everything is tied together with Minimserver (with minimstreamer enabled and transcoding performed by FFMPEG), BubbleUPnP server (to create Openhome renderers) and Linn Kazoo on a dedicated smartphone as the controller.

The FB2K devices perform flawlessly in this setup and play everything thrown at them including internet radio streams (incorporated in several M3u files separated by genre). The chromecast devices will play all static files served up by Minimserver but balk at the internet streams; some will play, while others will not.

The Audiocast M5 has DLNA built in, and plays all formats just fine, but volume control with Linn Kazoo is non-existent. I have to use the companion app to effect volume control.

rmel66.

since you clearly intimate with FB2K I am curious if you do DSD also or not? 

Also is it possible to roll several addins into one easy to install addin with your desired settings, so that you could just add one addin that did it all?  I have played with FB2K in past, but every time i consider revisiting it, i hate having to research all the settings and addins i need to get it to a desired state.

My Roon usage has decreased over the last few months due to frustration with classical metadata. Of course, this is not Roon's fault but the fiasco of how Classical music is tagged. Just tired of importing music and wasting time having their DB find it.

I am getting into using Spotify Connect and Amarra sQ+ which is offering surprisingly good sound.