IGNORED

What music player software do you use the most?

What software do you use on the system you listen to MOST  

248 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Oh, I too use XXHighEnd. Haha.

Oh, and I'm still using a very old version. Had two on my PC, the oldest one sounds better, probably because the cpu is rather old and not too powerful as well.

Haven't had the time to update the OS to w10, do all the optimizations again and try the latest version(s) or maybe build a new PC :)

On 2/7/2018 at 10:28 AM, daverich4 said:

... on the JRiver forums the bedside manner of JimH leaves a lot to be desired. 

I think that kind of out of context comment is less than helpful to anyone.

If  you have something specific, please start a thread and I'll try to help.

JRiver has a big community with a lot of helpful people, but occasionally we get someone who just doesn't want to hear what we have to say.  That's life, I guess.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

3 hours ago, jriver said:

I think that kind of out of context comment is less than helpful to anyone.

If  you have something specific, please start a thread and I'll try to help.

JRiver has a big community with a lot of helpful people, but occasionally we get someone who just doesn't want to hear what we have to say.  That's life, I guess.

Get real  @jriver Jim

When iOS 10 was released, JRemote wouldn't work. Unlike every other app vendor who had updated code to ensure it would still run correctly, you did nothing. Then you had the nerve to tell people it was an Apple problem and users should complain to Cupertino. When questioned about this you arrogantly dismissed user concerns. People waited weeks  (maybe months) for you to get your act together.

Falling out with "Les Paul" was a big mistake.

On 2/2/2018 at 3:20 PM, Bob Stern said:

Audirvana now is 2nd only to Jriver in poll ranking.  I expect there are relatively few posts from users of Jriver, Audirvana, HQ Player, etc because the poll question encouraged comments from people selecting "Other".

I think there are probably way too few people voting to draw any conclusions yet. :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

The number of votes (>100) is not an issue, nor is the # that could fall into each cell randomly.

All survey data has issues, e.g. what popn. is really being surveyed (not the full CA viewership or all signed in, just a subset who looked at the this poll) as well as the ones who cared enough to post, and etc.

Whether any issues are important depends on what one conclusions one wishes to derive from the poll.

I expect the number of iTunes users is under-represented on CA for example as vs. the world or US popn. ...

Tidal and minimserver via BubbleDS to JPlay streamer. 

Best that I have tried. ?

Asus Prime-P z590 MB. Intel Core  i5 11400 , Jcat usb XE Pci-usb card. Intel Optane m2 with Euphony Stylus software. And running Ramrod.

Jcat Femto Netcard. HDPlex linear w300, HDPlex 400 atx, HDPlex H5 case. MPAudio SLS-hpuln with JCat Optimo Nano Powering the Jcat XE pcie-usb card. Farad 3 lpsu powering the Netcard femto. 2 Buffalo 2008 switch. One stock, and one Buffalo 2008 switch with NewclassD Neutron star Clock powered by MPAudio SLS-hpuln,

Voltcraft fps_1132 lpsu Powering the fibernet box, and first Buffalo 2008 switch. With a Idovr regulator. 

On 2/9/2018 at 2:18 PM, daverich4 said:

Well, you lost one customer a year ago because of your attitude. 

That’s life, I guess. 

Hi Dave,

I took a look at your posts on our forum.  The one I saw where you weren't satisfied was, in my opinion, a feature request.  You wanted JRemote to be able to remove files from a playlist.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109053.msg763257.html#msg763257

Bob (our developer) answered.

Jim

1 hour ago, jriver said:

Hi Dave,

I took a look at your posts on our forum.  The one I saw where you weren't satisfied was, in my opinion, a feature request.  You wanted JRemote to be able to remove files from a playlist.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109053.msg763257.html#msg763257

Bob (our developer) answered.

Jim

Well, there’s that. Then there’s something like this. You’ll notice that partway through this exchange AndrewFG, a member of the “MC Beta Team” tried to gently coax you into posting something helpful instead of what you were doing. 

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,107011.msg746125.html#msg746125

AndrewFG suggested that JRiver could provide information on how to contact Apple and other manufacturers. 

In a perfect world, it's not a bad idea, but doing that for a couple hundred manufacturers is beyond our capability.  Presumably, if you're an Apple customer, you know how to contact them.  They do have a forum.

We operate in an imperfect world, and in my opinion, JRiver's responsibility is to make a great product and support it well.

25 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

You and I started this discussion when I mentioned earlier in this thread that one of the reasons I no longer use JRiver is because I didn't care for your "bedside manner" when answering questions on the JRiver support forums and you wanted me to give specific examples. I used the term "bedside manner" to mean my problem was with the way you answer questions, not the content of your answers. AndrewFG was trying to gently suggest to you that instead of just brushing peoples questions off you might try and answer them.

The thread that quote was from came up on the JRiver forums after IOS 10 was released and parts of JRemote no longer worked. You repeatedly told people that had purchased JRemote from you that it was an Apple problem and your advice was for them to contact Apple and ask them to change IOS 10 so the JRemote would work properly again.

As I said earlier, I voted on your software some time ago with my feet and my wallet so have nothing further to gain from continuing this discussion. You asked for examples of what I considered your poor "bedside manner" and I have provided them. This last example is of another one of your MC Beta Team members telling you he was having problems following your suggestion on how to get JRemote working again and your response. You can have the last word, I'm done.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,107011.msg746408.html?PHPSESSID=h86s7ngi85k71hskgpffef5i65#msg746408

+1

I moved from JRiver to Roon for exactly the reasons you give above. I remarked at the time that there are millions of apps in the Apple store and to expect iOS 10 to be rewritten to accommodate JRemote was laughable.

I got sick of reading the "Antivirus?" or "Firewall?" responses, even though it was obvious the customer had already ruled those issues out. If that didn't work it was usually followed up with "Wifi signal not strong enough?"

@daverich4

I don't believe it's JRiver's job to tell people how to seek support from other companies. 

@eclectic

Antivirus and firewalls are two big sources of problems for customers.  I wrote about that and more here:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114336.msg790562.html#msg790562

I'm not trying to convince either of you that you're wrong, and I don't believe I could.  My original reply on this topic was to suggest that the lack of specifics for the complaint was, in my opinion, a little unfair and misleading.  JRiver does a pretty good job of supporting our customers and it's important to me that we do so.

And those are my last words on the subject.  Apologies for taking the off-topic detour.

19 minutes ago, eclectic said:

+1

I moved from JRiver to Roon for exactly the reasons you give above. I remarked at the time that there are millions of apps in the Apple store and to expect iOS 10 to be rewritten to accommodate JRemote was laughable.

I got sick of reading the "Antivirus?" or "Firewall?" responses, even though it was obvious the customer had already ruled those issues out. If that didn't work it was usually followed up with "Wifi signal not strong enough?"

i have always got great support from jriver, and on the contrary roon has sucked...so there you go.

On 1/30/2018 at 12:31 PM, Ron Scubadiver said:

I just love the internet, where everyone is an expert and facts don't mean anything.

With all due respect, what I have heard from others is more akin to what botrytis stated than what you have.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:32 PM, Ralf11 said:

The number of votes (>100) is not an issue, nor is the # that could fall into each cell randomly.

All survey data has issues, e.g. what popn. is really being surveyed (not the full CA viewership or all signed in, just a subset who looked at the this poll) as well as the ones who cared enough to post, and etc.

Whether any issues are important depends on what one conclusions one wishes to derive from the poll.

I expect the number of iTunes users is under-represented on CA for example as vs. the world or US popn. ...

I only voted because I can't resist 'quizzes' and similar.

But in general people don't vote on anything  if they don't have strong views.

And as for Apple, they only have 4% of the world 'home' computer market. Windows machines apparently have 90% plus.

The Apple enthusiasts know this so are more likely to vote. Windows  users don't have anything to 'prove'.

12 hours ago, PeterSt said:

So ?

....i know a lot of people use spotify and so i looked into it and got interested until i realized it only does mp3...just trying to help others that may be reading the thread that thought they may investigate and waste their time like i did...

my understanding is that only deezer and flac subscription services support flac.

I was bummed out to find out that amazon music only does mp3 also.

I really hope that amazon music wakes up and starts supporting FLAC!