IGNORED

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

On 07/02/2018 at 10:47 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I hope you're not equating quantity with quality.

It takes time to assess the performance of a hi-fi component.

And the rule is that one should only make a single change to the system if we're to achieve any meaningful results.

2+2=4

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

6 hours ago, realhifi said:

I’ll be right over!  Seriously though, whereabouts are you?

SE Michigan.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

13 hours ago, Spacehound said:

...The UK is a strange place. Why did they build the Queen's biggest castle so close to a noisy airport?)

I see what you did there.

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

9 hours ago, semente said:

It takes time to assess the performance of a hi-fi component.

And the rule is that one should only make a single change to the system if we're to achieve any meaningful results.

2+2=4

2+2+2= 4.2  or 5.1  ;)

@skikirkwood Could you throw Stereophile on that chart as well.  Those numbers might be more interesting.

1 hour ago, skikirkwood said:

audio traffic.png

Thanks for going even further than I asked.  As expected Stereophile, by nature of being predominantly a news site with a constantly changing front page, had more views than this forum.  The leap in late '16 is interesting though.  Almost as if tabulation changed or a bot army attacked.  

What I really wanted to draw attention to was how deeply related all of these sites are.  Which that graph bore out fairly well.  From Nov '16 onwards CA and Stereophile as well as TAS and Audiostream depicted very similar trends.  To my mind the addition of an additional two more sites brought the bigger picture into focus.

Wow, I had no idea people actually go to TAS for content!

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

18 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

A market divided into small fragments where people speak different languages. So it's not really A Market - unlike the USA.  Which partly explains why it's hard for you find a hi-fi mag.

I didn't think of that. Let me try and come up with an answer......

....I was  more concerned with the broader picture.

Well, that doesn't really work either  :P 

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:21 PM, Mercman said:

I didn't say rude things about CA members. I did suggest that there was destructive behavior directed at me. Not all members; you guys know who I am referring to. I have been a member here long before some of you were. 

Ok Mercman,

As Mr Lavorgna is banned from this site and you say you have not been involved with MQA yourself, perhaps you could ask him what he says  to this, all of which has been demonstrated, thus proven,  by several sources, many not part of CA, and including several 'industry' sources (bear in mind they demonstrated it too, so it is not merely any 'anti-MQA bias' they might have),  and tell us what his answer is:

MQA demonstrably degrades the original by adding artefacts that were not in the  original, and reduces everything to 17 bits at most,  Also anything above 96 is totally fake, even the noise. So  the result  can't possibly sound  'better'.  Also, it doesn't save space/transmission  requirements   to  any worthwhile degree, often not at all, and is rarely 'authenticated'. So what's the point of MQA?.

14 minutes ago, firedog said:

His answer (to me): 1) You don't understand the meaning of "authentication" as MQA defines it.

2) It doesn't matter if it is only 17 bits, as you can't hear it. In other words (my interpretation based on what he writes) MQA processing makes the music sound better - what it does to the file, therefore, doesn't matter.

Quite. He's thoroughly programmed, it's part of MQA's free  'shill' course. 

9 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’ll be in Ann Arbor for an event on March 1st. 

I know. I will be there. I already gave the dcs gent hard questions about MQA. ParagonSNS is a great place. If you want, can meet after for a beer or what ever, let me know.

Dave 

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects