IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

Hi,

genele10.jpg

Genelec 8260, Fanless computer with RME soundcard, Nas Synology, JRiver MC 21

Superb room! Looks like a great space to kick back and listen to some tunes!

Really like the blue hues of the sofas and drapes - fantastic color scheme.

Regards.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

What you see here is all I listen to. Pretty pedestrian, but I love the sound.[ATTACH=CONFIG]19224[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19225[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19226[/ATTACH] Where I am right now has a lot of noise, so I rarely use speakers. I think most of this gear is listed in my profile, or reply if you have questions.

Very nice spaces and setups!

I have a nice view into my garden from an English Tudor-era farmhouse with 18 inch solid stone walls.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26795[/ATTACH]

The speakers you can see are JM Labs Mini Utopias, with the inverted Focal tweeter.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26796[/ATTACH]

On the top left is a 25 year old antique Proceed PDT3 CD transport, for display purposes only. Beneath it a Boulder AE500 power amp. To the left, a BMC PureDAC fed by the Mac Mini below, running Roon & HQP, which up samples everything into DSD128. In between the Mac Mini and BMC is a Wyred4Sound USB Recovery. Bottom left is another antique - a Revox B260 FM tuner.

Now planning to pick up a MicroRendu from the second batch when I visit SF next week, and then the Mac Mini will be banished behind several stone walls to the dining room. An electrician this morning installed 30 feet of Cat6 ethernet in preparation. The system sounds pretty awesome now but I can hardly contain my excitement at what is to come.

Already planning new DAC (T+A Dac8) and more powerful Mac Mini to run mega DSD up sampling. But the speakers and amp are already amazing and I can recommend them to anyone with confidence.

Nikko

View from listening area.

Click on image for more detail:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26821[/ATTACH]

Hi,

genele10.jpg

Genelec 8260, Fanless computer with RME soundcard, Nas Synology, JRiver MC 21

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Mac Mini->Roon + Tidal->KEF LS50W

my Music room under the Roof of an old Wood house.

k-20160519_094940.jpg

shpongle

k-20160622_102022.jpg

k-20160622_102211.jpg

Gigabyte-GA-Z97 Sniper with separate usb-dac out,5v usb-power disabeld in Bios. i3 4130T(35 W)@800mhz,16gb ram@800mhz @1.25v. Cpu+Ram powered by Pico-160w+Voltcraft Lab.PSU.

Cpu-Fan+Music Hdd with 2 separate  LPsu. JLsounds Dac-Kit: USB-I2S XMOS-board+ AK4490 DAC+DVR603 FB+2 JLS LPSU. Player: wtfplay and Daphile

Tubeamp: Lua 4040 C . LS: Chario Academy II. Conections/Filters: Reson DNM / Fisch Audio.

• 3 weeks later...

There are some amazing systems in this thread and it is very interesting to see the many varied approaches that have been taken. I have finally reached the end point with my system - dangerous statement to make!?

?image.jpeg

There are some amazing systems in this thread and it is very interesting to see the many varied approaches that have been taken. I have finally reached the end point with my system - dangerous statement to make!?

?[ATTACH=CONFIG]27738[/ATTACH]

...until the Chord digital amp comes out next year. It's supposed to mate especially well with Dave.

Sound Labs Repaired.jpg

LPS in situ.jpg

20160716_162625.jpg

20160716_162704.jpg

TNT6.jpg

Lamm.jpg

walker.jpg

Gumby.jpg

Colibri.jpg

microRendu in situ.jpg

diffusors .jpg

System complete description & thread here: https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/133

A3 New Grill.jpg

Spencers Room w Sound Labs by MPatrick.jpg

1364153157.jpg

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27748[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27750[/ATTACH]

BAT and Lamm ... outstanding gear!

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Love A3s looks.. If I'm correct once J.Gordon Holt's favorite speakers.

Yes, that was JGH's reference for a number of years.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

It is yes ... the system has changed since though.

Over the past 15 months I've replaced the B&W speakers with PMC 20.23 and added a NAP200 power amp to supplement the UnitiQute. Then recently the UnitiQute was replaced with a NAC-N 272. Still need a new cartridge for the turntable but apart from that everything is happy!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27113[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27114[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27115[/ATTACH]

Very nice, and great gear. I'd try to hide the cable salad though ;-)

Are you using the same speakers for more than 50 years as indicated in your signature?

I believe sbank uses 50 years old ears which isn't bad IMO. If trained in critical listening can be much better than 20 yo despite worse looking hearing curve, mainly in high frequencies area (I say this from my own experience :) )

Are you using the same speakers for more than 50 years as indicated in your signature?

As @sphinxslx points out, the ears are what I've had for 50 years, but have lived with many speakers over 30+ years:

Nola Viper Reference IIIs (which I now have for sale)

Silverline LaFolia

Alon V

Merlin VSM MX

Quad ESL63 USA

Avalon Radian HC

Von Schweikert VR4.5 Sig.

Aerial 7B

Chario Academy 1

Alon II

Thiel 3.6

Vandersteen IIci

Mission 70

Rega Monitors

Advent Original Large

might have forgotten a few...

I believe sbank uses 50 years old ears which isn't bad IMO. If trained in critical listening can be much better than 20 yo despite worse looking hearing curve, mainly in high frequencies area (I say this from my own experience :) )

As @sphinxslx points out, the ears are what I've had for 50 years, but have lived with many speakers over 30+ years:.....

Thanks guys. The confusion was due to mobile view where the "old ears" starts with a new line. Nice setup.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nothing to fancy, kind of a mix of older stuff with some more recent equipment. But it sounds very nice![ATTACH]28463[/ATTACH][ATTACH]28464[/ATTACH]

Nice carpet! Are the speakers B&W CM-1's? Amazing little speakers.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

• 2 months later...