IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

Thanks for the feedback. Yes the recommended position would be about a foot further into the room - where my carpet is. The current position is a compromise as it's a shared space.

The Green Mountain Eos HX are brilliant speakers. The enclosure is Q stone - a marble powder cast with resin. Very inert and do not exhibit any box coloration. Very close to the open baffle or stat sound. The HX upgrade is something that Roy came up with using Marigo Audio wire in his first order crossovers. The tweeter is movable to allow for 'time alignment' - something Roy is big on. Very difficult to move to another speaker once you get used to the sound.

I understand about shared space. I'm currently very lucky to have most of our downstairs for my system, as all the living space is upstairs. The idea of bringing the Acoustat Model 3 speakers upstairs would not be entertained! Honestly, I wouldn't even want them up there, I'd be too nervous every time the dog had "crazy time" or my daughter and her friends got going with their dancing.

I understand about shared space. I'm currently very lucky to have most of our downstairs for my system, as all the living space is upstairs. The idea of bringing the Acoustat Model 3 speakers upstairs would not be entertained! Honestly, I wouldn't even want them up there, I'd be too nervous every time the dog had "crazy time" or my daughter and her friends got going with their dancing.

Love it. We have two dogs and we call it the "happy dance".

Looks like we have similar taste in wall color. I find that the color helps to soothe the mood a bit on those rough days :)

Thanks and I have to return the compliment on your setup!

Although I usually need a little more than paint color on a really bad day.

Like you I prefer to use the long wall of the room for my setup.

Those Mola Molas + Magicos must be something to hear in that room.

Can you share some more about the wood platforms and the roller balls in front?

Nice room Nikhil.

I do not have a nice room so I just post the sound of my room recorded with a ZoomH1 and/or CS-10EM. Sitting about 2 meters away from the speakers.

Thanks STMytek. I'm sure your room is not as bad as you say it is.

Interesting work on room acoustics!

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Might be of interest for members to post photos of their gear for the benefit of others.

Let's see your system!

Im not even sure if i quailfy as auophile or not but this is my rig, ow. this is a old pic i have 4 or these beasts now and a 5th in revision. noone touches these but myself.

P1070480.jpg

^^ 1972 technics su-8080 (thats 8x 90W ish darlington voilence new shit cant compare to this ive seen 2 stage DAP's with more watts loose in sheer power and quality)

they driving a mix of old 4-way teac studio speakers

old B&o beovox 4ways

ps most of this crap is older then me.

compleet with DAC and next! mixing pannel and hookedup to a sblive 128 (the first emu1k1 with gold)

Thanks and I have to return the compliment on your setup!

Although I usually need a little more than paint color on a really bad day.

Like you I prefer to use the long wall of the room for my setup.

Those Mola Molas + Magicos must be something to hear in that room.

Can you share some more about the wood platforms and the roller balls in front.

Thanks

Yes Nikhil, I agree that color alone is sometimes not enough :)

I find the long wall setup to offer a very enjoyable sound since sidewall reflections are at a minimum. I'm sure I am sacrificing a bit of soundstage depth but I very much like the more intimate soundstage and being in the middle of it all entertainment offered by sitting closer.

About the wood amp stands and Rollerballs. Right now the Symposium balls are being left out of the system becuase I am in the process of demo'ing speaker cables and didn't want the balls to influence my decision on the best ones to choose. I will place the balls back under the amps afterwards and see if I still enjoy their presence in the system. This may be considered a bit backwards in my approach but in past experience with the Rollerballs they do change the sound in a noticable way (usually for the better) but I would prefer to dial in the sound with cables doing most of the heavy lifting then tweak more if need be.

The amp stands are supported by Solidtech IsoClear feet which offer excellent isolation from floor borne vibrations due to their seismic spring layout. In combination with the Rollerballs the setup is very effective in dealing with outside influences that effect the sound. If in this setup the Rollerballs change too much I will just move them under my front end gear which is out of sight in the posted picture and see how they work in that setting instead.

Boombox-1_zpsb95ykmhw.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

• 3 weeks later...

My two setups.

B&W CM6 S2

Peachtree Nova 125

Macbook Pro

B&W DM601S3

Velodyne MiniVee

NAD D 3020

Macbook Pro Retina

K3TrYKa.jpg

Wb2TUgm.jpg

Bad3fIS.jpg

cYEgjHd.jpg

T6DNEci.jpg

My Setup

Bowers & Wilkins CM6 S2 > Peachtree Nova 125 > Macbook Pro > Roon Core

Office setup

B&W DM601 S3 > NAD D3020 > Macbook Pro Retina > Roon

I have a nice view into my garden from an English Tudor-era farmhouse with 18 inch solid stone walls.

FullSizeRender1.jpg

The speakers you can see are JM Labs Mini Utopias, with the inverted Focal tweeter.

FullSizeRender2.jpg

On the top left is a 25 year old antique Proceed PDT3 CD transport, for display purposes only. Beneath it a Boulder AE500 power amp. To the left, a BMC PureDAC fed by the Mac Mini below, running Roon & HQP, which up samples everything into DSD128. In between the Mac Mini and BMC is a Wyred4Sound USB Recovery. Bottom left is another antique - a Revox B260 FM tuner.

Now planning to pick up a MicroRendu from the second batch when I visit SF next week, and then the Mac Mini will be banished behind several stone walls to the dining room. An electrician this morning installed 30 feet of Cat6 ethernet in preparation. The system sounds pretty awesome now but I can hardly contain my excitement at what is to come.

Already planning new DAC (T+A Dac8) and more powerful Mac Mini to run mega DSD up sampling. But the speakers and amp are already amazing and I can recommend them to anyone with confidence.

Nikko

K3TrYKa.jpg

Nice clean look - very minimal.

That is an outstanding wood chest!

Your furniture setup definitely has "game" in my book.

Regards.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1465399490.271084.jpg just moved house. Hope to have the details sorted....

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

View from listening area.

Click on image for more detail:

View from seat.jpg

Various speakers, electronics, cable, etc. on loan for manufacturers' evaluation.

More or less permanently in use:

Schiit Iggy (latest), Ayre QB-9 DSD, Ayre Codex, Uptone Audio ISO Regen/LPS-1 Power supply, Berkeley Audio Alpha USB, PS Audio LanRover, Small Green Computer, Sonore ultraRendu, gigaFOIL4 ethernet/optical filter - Keces PS-3 power supply, (3) MBPs - stripped down for music only,  AQ Diamond USB & Ethernet, Transparent USB, Curious USB, LH Lightspeed split USB, Halide USB DAC, Audirvana +, Pure Music, ASR Emitter II Exclusive Blue amp, Ayre K-5xeMP preamp, Pass X-1 preamp, Quicksilver Mid-Mono Amps, Pass XA-30.5 amp, Duelund ICs & Speaker Cables, Paul Hynes SR-7 power supply, Grand Prix Audio Monaco Isolation racks & F1 shelves, Tannoy Canterbury SEs w/custom Duelund crossovers and stands, 2 REL 212SEs, AV RoomService EVPs, ASC Tube Traps, tons of CDs, 30 IPS masters, LPs.

http://www.getbettersound.com

does anyone know what stand this system is on?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26829[/ATTACH]

I think it might be…

Adona Audio Racks

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

ST1.jpg

ST2.jpg

ST3.jpg

I'm trying to figure out why some people can embed a graphic image into their post while others only show a link that has to be clicked on - Chris is helping me sort this out and this is a test post of my system.

I made the rack last winter, it's rock maple. The shelves are 2" thick and sit on four corner braces. There's a Herbie Audio Labs isolation dot on each brace to support the shelf. The rack also has threaded isolation feet, but those were more to provide some means of leveling the rack. The rack is in a mission style, although the side pickets also keep out the cats quite nicely. The rack is made with floating mortise and tenon joints, it's now more a piece of furniture than anything else.

The stereo you see is the latest iteration of a long term development, going back to the late 70's. We only have one system, but it's front and center. The house is an open concept and from where it sits will fill the large open space with music. We do have a TV, but it's a movie machine only and sits in the basement where it belongs.

Equipment List (for people who care about those things)

Left Side, from the Top

Dell Precision M4500 Laptop, JRiver Media Center 21, 2GB eSATA Drive

Audio Research LS-27 Preamp

Korg MR-2000S Digital Recorder (upgraded to 320 GB drive)

Yamaha TX-350 Tuner (doesn't get used much but then doesn't take a lot of room)

APC Power Conditioner H15BLK

Right Side, from the Top

Clearaudio Ovation Turntable with Clearaudio Universal Tonearm, Dynavector Te Kaitora MC cartridge

Audio Research PH-5 Phono Preamp

Arcam FMJ D33 SuperDAC with UpTone Audio Regen

Audio Research VS-115 Amplifier

Speakers are Fostex GZ-2000 four way planars. These are a prototype, approximately 12 pairs were made. I've had these since 1982. The edgeless woofers are a synthetic material and the caps with the crossovers are polypropylene, so there's been no issues with components aging or degrading.

I know, that's a long time to have a pair of speakers. When we bought them it was a choice between them and the Fostex LS-3 monitors. The planar's are the most neutral and revealing speakers I've heard. They have never failed to resolve in the finest detail every minor change ever made to the system, meaning they seem to be working just fine. If it's a poor recording, it sounds bad. If it's a good recording, it sounds great.

There is a Morris chair (also Mission style!) in the sweet spot, but that doesn't get used much. The music can be heard well from the kitchen or dining room at the other end of the house where we spend most of our time when at home. We use JRemote to select music or to change albums.

I've been recording LP's for some time now, digitizing them and adding them to the music server. The large rack is blues, jazz, Mofi, and mostly rock and roll from the late 60's to the late 70's with a few titles into the digital age of the mid 80's.

The two sections on the top left of the large rack is what's left of my sealed albums. These are all Neil Young titles and are slowly being opened so I can record them. The smaller LP rack is the classical and opera titles. I need to record more of those, especially the FFSS, Blue Backs and the Red Seal mono recordings.

View from listening area.

Click on image for more detail:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26821[/ATTACH]

Fantastic setup Jim!

Those ASR Emitter amps are my dream amps.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26893[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26894[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26895[/ATTACH]

I'm trying to figure out why some people can embed a graphic image into their post while others only show a link that has to be clicked on - Chris is helping me sort this out and this is a test post of my system.

I made the rack last winter, it's rock maple. The shelves are 2" thick and sit on four corner braces. There's a Herbie Audio Labs isolation dot on each brace to support the shelf. The rack also has threaded isolation feet, but those were more to provide some means of leveling the rack. The rack is in a mission style, although the side pickets also keep out the cats quite nicely. The rack is made with floating mortise and tenon joints, it's now more a piece of furniture than anything else.

The stereo you see is the latest iteration of a long term development, going back to the late 70's. We only have one system, but it's front and center. The house is an open concept and from where it sits will fill the large open space with music. We do have a TV, but it's a movie machine only and sits in the basement where it belongs.

Equipment List (for people who care about those things)

Left Side, from the Top

Dell Precision M4500 Laptop, JRiver Media Center 21, 2GB eSATA Drive

Audio Research LS-27 Preamp

Korg MR-2000S Digital Recorder (upgraded to 320 GB drive)

Yamaha TX-350 Tuner (doesn't get used much but then doesn't take a lot of room)

APC Power Conditioner H15BLK

Right Side, from the Top

Clearaudio Ovation Turntable with Clearaudio Universal Tonearm, Dynavector Te Kaitora MC cartridge

Audio Research PH-5 Phono Preamp

Arcam FMJ D33 SuperDAC with UpTone Audio Regen

Audio Research VS-115 Amplifier

Speakers are Fostex GZ-2000 four way planars. These are a prototype, approximately 12 pairs were made. I've had these since 1982. The edgeless woofers are a synthetic material and the caps with the crossovers are polypropylene, so there's been no issues with components aging or degrading.

I know, that's a long time to have a pair of speakers. When we bought them it was a choice between them and the Fostex LS-3 monitors. The planar's are the most neutral and revealing speakers I've heard. They have never failed to resolve in the finest detail every minor change ever made to the system, meaning they seem to be working just fine. If it's a poor recording, it sounds bad. If it's a good recording, it sounds great.

There is a Morris chair (also Mission style!) in the sweet spot, but that doesn't get used much. The music can be heard well from the kitchen or dining room at the other end of the house where we spend most of our time when at home. We use JRemote to select music or to change albums.

I've been recording LP's for some time now, digitizing them and adding them to the music server. The large rack is blues, jazz, Mofi, and mostly rock and roll from the late 60's to the late 70's with a few titles into the digital age of the mid 80's.

The two sections on the top left of the large rack is what's left of my sealed albums. These are all Neil Young titles and are slowly being opened so I can record them. The smaller LP rack is the classical and opera titles. I need to record more of those, especially the FFSS, Blue Backs and the Red Seal mono recordings.

Very nice system, but more than anything else, I am envious of what appears to be a beautiful log home and matching floors.

JC

Welcome to my parlour...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17770[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17771[/ATTACH]

Naim UnitiQute --> B&W CDM7NT plus Arcam AVR400, Cambridge Audio 751BD and Pro-Ject X-Pack turntable.

Is that William Morris wallpaper?