IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

image.jpegI have this wonderful dedicated Soundroom that I have spent years fine tuning, 8 to be exact. I'd have to say that most of my gaining ground has been over the course of the last year. Always been tempted to call Jim Smith up and have I'm pay a visit, and I still may.

The components at play are (starting from the main house panel):

Soundstring in wall mains wiring >

Furutech FPX R>

Running Springs Audio (Vintage Maxima Power Conditioner) >

Outlet 1 > Lampizator GG DAC > ASR Emitter 1 Exclusive (control unit) > Vivid Audio G2 speakers

Outlet 2 > ASR Emitter battery PSU (for input stage)

Outlet 3 > ASR Emitter standard PSU (for output stage)

Outlet 4 > Uptone JS-2 PSU > Jcat USB card or Sonore MRendu (still auditioning)

Equitech Q5 wall panel > Main computer, all computer related PSU's, all external HD (music storage)

All signal cables are EnKlein

All Power Cables are Shunyata

Tripoint Troy signature for grounding

Grand Prix Audio racks

These photos were taken this morning.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26923[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26924[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26925[/ATTACH]I have this wonderful dedicated Soundroom that I have spent years fine tuning, 8 to be exact. I'd have to say that most of my gaining ground has been over the course of the last year. Always been tempted to call Jim Smith up and have I'm pay a visit, and I still may.

The components at play are (starting from the main house panel):

Soundstring in wall mains wiring >

Furutech FPX R>

Running Springs Audio (Vintage Maxima Power Conditioner) >

Outlet 1 > Lampizator GG DAC > ASR Emitter 1 Exclusive (control unit) > Vivid Audio G2 speakers

Outlet 2 > ASR Emitter battery PSU (for input stage)

Outlet 3 > ASR Emitter standard PSU (for output stage)

Outlet 4 > Uptone JS-2 PSU > Jcat USB card or Sonore MRendu (still auditioning)

Equitech Q5 wall panel > Main computer, all computer related PSU's, all external HD (music storage)

All signal cables are EnKlein

All Power Cables are Shunyata

Tripoint Troy signature for grounding

Grand Prix Audio racks

These photos were taken this morning.

Hi Elescher,

Congratulations. What a wonderful room with a great setup. You can tell how much thought and effort has gone into it. It must sound glorious!

Hi Elescher,

Congratulations. What a wonderful room with a great setup. You can tell how much thought and effort has gone into it. It must sound glorious!

+1

Another fantastic ASR Emitter setup!

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]IMG_5868a.jpg[/TD]

[TD]IMG_5873a.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The basics are: Tidal, Auralic Aries Femto, Lyngdorf TDAI-2170 and Sonus Faber Olympia I.

The Lyngdorf has room correction, so it is possible to place the speakers near the wall.

I tried to hide some cables and switch boxes in the wooden box on the floor.

Still a wish for the future: two subwoofers in the corners.

Sorry but I do have to comment on that. To all the guys who don't have a carpet in their listening rooms - your systems deserve it! They deserve to sound good! I can assure you it will be the most fantastic upgrade since you began to listen to the music in this room and BTW probably the most cost effective one! :)

Hi, I'm new to the forum. This is my equipment:

MacBookPro running AudirvanaPlus

DAC M2Tech Young DSD

Amplifier Exposure 3010 S2

Loudspeakers Mordaunt-Short Mezzo 6E.jpg

A.jpg

B.jpg

D.jpg

MacBook Pro with Audirvana - Qobuz Studio

M2Tech Young DSD MKIII - PSU M2Tech Van Der Graaf MKII

Cambridge Audio Edge A

Harbeth C7ES-3

PS Audio Powerplant Stelllar P3

DayJay - if think your rig would be most impressive.

I'm looking to spend about six months in Europe and thought I'd use that as an excuse to get a pair of Meze 99 for to get my audio fix (I am partial to the girly silver/beige version). I don't have a portable system, but hear the Meze sound decent from almost any source... So thought I could start with the Mezes... Any thoughts?

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Hello All,

After looking at this thread, i decided to show my setup, because i'd like to know if i could gain in sound quality if a put panels on the wall behind my speakers? better bass? i don't have really money to buy those, but i can buy used panels for cheap from someone...

he has 5 (ACCO CINEMA 24x48) and 2 (Room Zorbers 24x48). Thank you for reading.

Room Zorbers 24 X 48.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

2TB pocket size portable Hard Disc in MacMini

out on USB to Wyred DAC2 DSDse,

out to Proceed AMP2 then

on Focal, Cobalt 826S speakers

ACCO CINEMA 24 X 48.JPG

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Hello All,

After looking at this thread, i decided to show my setup, because i'd like to know if i could gain in sound quality if a put panels on the wall behind my speakers? better bass? i don't have really money to buy those, but i can buy used panels for cheap from someone...

he has 5 (ACCO CINEMA 24x48) and 2 (Room Zorbers 24x48). Thank you for reading.

1) I'd deal with the first reflection point on the floor first, a bigger rug.

2) A little closer to an equilateral triangle with the speakers, unless the picture is deceiving me. Move the speaker out into the room a little more, 1ft ahead of your TV unit.

3) I'd then clear some of the stuff away from the left and right sides.

4) After doing 3) deal with the first reflection points on any side walls near the speakers.

Only 1 & 4 might cost a little money.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

Thank you for the input Dr Tone.

I should have said that i'm happy with the sound getting out... it is an appartment, not mine...

and where i was standing for the picture, it is a row of thick cotton curtain doing the width, then it's my sleeping room open in the back.

i was just curious if for 35 canadian $ i could put 5 panels behind my speakers to give me more room feeling and adding little more bass or the 2 Zorbers panels for 35$ also... Don't have even that money to spend :-)

if those panels don't go there, or do nothing, i'll stay like i am now... thank you for input.

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Thank you for the input Dr Tone.

I should have said that i'm happy with the sound getting out... it is an appartment, not mine...

and where i was standing for the picture, it is a row of thick cotton curtain doing the width, then it's my sleeping room open in the back.

i was just curious if for 35 canadian $ i could put 5 panels behind my speakers to give me more room feeling and adding little more bass or the 2 Zorbers panels for 35$ also... Don't have even that money to spend :-)

if those panels don't go there, or do nothing, i'll stay like i am now... thank you for input.

Dr.Tone is right the floor surface not covered by the rug is a bigger problem. If you place a bigger rug there you will also have an impression of bigger bass in the room. If you put absorbing panels behind the speakers the quantity of bass will lower but it's quality (speed, definition) will improve slightly. The side walls reflections shouldn't be a big problem 'cause the distance between the speakers and the walls is big enough.

Thank you sphinxsix for the comment, i understand more now the absorbing panels utility :-)

Hi sphinxsix,

I would rather say "Asstraps" because these are additional seats !!!

Bass.. ass.. I knew that of course. Was just kidding. BTW that's exactly an additional colour element (seats also) I have in my white and blue listening room. I simply like the colours!

Is that William Morris wallpaper?

It is yes ... the system has changed since though.

Over the past 15 months I've replaced the B&W speakers with PMC 20.23 and added a NAP200 power amp to supplement the UnitiQute. Then recently the UnitiQute was replaced with a NAC-N 272. Still need a new cartridge for the turntable but apart from that everything is happy!

DSC_7120.jpg

DSC_7122.jpg

DSC_7126.jpg

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Udayan, what a beautiful, tasteful room. The stereo system blends in as well as any stereo system can; really seems organic in appearance. Goes to show what you can do when you minimize the number of black boxes by using powered monitors with built in DACs and also tuck away your NAS drive.

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TR]

[TD][ATTACH=CONFIG]26960[/ATTACH][/TD]

[TD][ATTACH=CONFIG]26961[/ATTACH][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The basics are: Tidal, Auralic Aries Femto, Lyngdorf TDAI-2170 and Sonus Faber Olympia I.

The Lyngdorf has room correction, so it is possible to place the speakers near the wall.

I tried to hide some cables and switch boxes in the wooden box on the floor.

Still a wish for the future: two subwoofers in the corners.

Nice setup Sjefke, I also noticed the Athom Homey in de corner: "Music Maestro, please.." [emoji344][emoji106]