IGNORED

Why Do People Come To Computer Audiophile To Display Their Contempt For Audiophiles?

15 minutes ago, Northern_Canuck said:

I have been following CA for years and have learned a lot from many of the posters - thank you!

BTW - Does CA offer a filter to block specific users posts? Now that would be very useful addition to create your own "Troll Filter" :)

We've had this for many years. Now you can even ignore certain topics / threads. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, Sal1950 said:

That's not a position you want to pass on to others as a rational approach to High Fidelity.

What part of that do you find so difficult to understand?

Sal, you seem to be playing Big Brother / Minister of Information when it comes to how people should think and what they should believe. I don't know you personally, but you strike me as the type of guy who prefers to live and let live. Something doesn't add up. 

What am I missing?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

No, I'm trying to improve S/N ratio on these forums. Somewhat unsuccessfully, I might add :( so the suggestion to move on is perhaps appropriate.

You have a laudable goal, but are actually accomplishing the opposite. The S/N ratio only goes up when people get into arguments like this. Simply stating one's opinion and any data to back up the opinion, works much better in the long run. 

Think about it from your own perspective. Do you tend to listen to people who attempt to jam something down your throat and persist despite a no-win situation? It works the same for both sides. Be pleasant, state your piece.

I appreciate what you're trying to do. Honestly. 

4 minutes ago, Sal1950 said:

Why do you always react as the debate is one sided?

Your input here has been only to call the objectivists unreasonable all the while the subjectives attempt to shout us down.

A bit of a bias showing IMHO

Hi Sal - That's too bad I came across as one-sided. Perhaps that's my fault. I specifically added the sentence, "It works the same for both sides." In order to get across that it does work both ways. 

Like everything in life, audio beliefs are on a continuum from crazy objectivist to crazy subjectivist. The polar ends are equally responsible for acting very similar, but with different beliefs and objectives. I'm not suggesting anyone here is in the crazy camp, just using this as an illustration that this is definitely a two-sided issue. 

21 minutes ago, Kal Rubinson said:

Not quite but we do not choose what to review randomly.  I will not review anything that does not have promise. Although that may constitute a selection bias, not all live up to that hope.

Ah thanks for the clarification. I thought everything made it to the list, just in  different category.