IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

18 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I agree. 

Chris, does this mean that the forum software does not permit any choice of timestamp format?  A real bummer if true.  I use Firefox bookmarks and save the timestamp in the "name" of the bookmark. This forum's timestamp makes that virtually impossible.

1 hour ago, R Johnson said:

Chris, does this mean that the forum software does not permit any choice of timestamp format?  A real bummer if true.  I use Firefox bookmarks and save the timestamp in the "name" of the bookmark. This forum's timestamp makes that virtually impossible.

I'm working on it.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Another audio site (popular with headphones) just updated their site, and now I have something recent to compare to, I think the CA upgrade went very well.  The UI is so clean, with common look and feel independent of device. 

I wonder how these type of site upgrades affect how people use the site.

What changes in the behaviour ? 

Like do they use the recent activity view or browse the forums more, or something else.

It would be interesting to know, just curious.

Speaker : iPhone 6S Plus > UpTone Audio USB Regen (x2) > Benchmark DAC1 Pre > Pass Labs INT-30A > Focal Micro Utopia BE

Headphone : Auralic Aries > Auralic Gemini 2000 > Audeze LCD-X

Power & Tweaks : Heaps of Balanced & Isolation Power supplies, Dedicated Line, Vinnie Rossi MINI PURE-DC-4EVR, HD-Plex LPSU, iFi Audio DC iPurifiers, DIY Resonance/Vibration platforms using Townshend Audio Seismic Isolation Pods

7 hours ago, Duke40 said:

Another audio site (popular with headphones) just updated their site, and now I have something recent to compare to, I think the CA upgrade went very well.  The UI is so clean, with common look and feel independent of device. 

Like do they use the recent activity view or browse the forums more, or something else.

I haven't been checking as frequently. I'm on this site maybe once or twice a week now. It's probably me but I found the new site unnecessarily complex. I also miss the app.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

8 hours ago, Duke40 said:

Thanks for the kind words and putting everything into perspective.

I just checked out Head-Fi, as I didn't know they had switched platforms. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, elcorso said:

Hi Chris,

Why I can't load anymore a video from a link?

Thanks,

Roch

I think I know the answer to this question. Just copy the video link, right click and paste the link! :) 

Before it worked a little different if you want the Youtube video to show up in the post.

🎛️  Audio System  

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Not sure what you're asking. Can you expand on that?

When I tried to link the YouTube video I recently posted in "Album of theEvening" I was able to paste the link, but not the video directly itself.

In the upper menu I got the "link" (what I used) but not the sign of "insert video".

"Insert other media" didn't allow me to insert the video.

Roch

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

@Cornan is right. Just paste the link to the video into the post and it will automatically appear. 

5 minutes ago, Cornan said:

I actually like this much better than how it was before. You just need to learn how to! :)

Many thanks !

Now "Despacito" (Slowly, Take It Ease, or whatever is working).

Roch

PS/ My prayers not to be censored by this video :D

@The Computer Audiophile -- would love to see the ca logo back at the top left of the menu section.  the current words ("computer audipiophile" only in arial font) just don't represent the site well!

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
39 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

@The Computer Audiophile -- would love to see the ca logo back at the top left of the menu section.  the current words ("computer audipiophile" only in arial font) just don't represent the site well!

Hi jcn3 - Thanks for the feedback. I don't disagree. There is definitely less "branding" to the new site. I tried to keep some CA branding by using the stylized CA on the right side. 

I continue to test some logos on top versus the plain text. There are some other factors at play though, such as when viewing on mobile or a tablet and deciding not to display the logo for those small screens etc... Not rocket science, but factors I need to consider when making what seems like small changes. 

Thanks again for the feedback.

Late coming comment I know and I haven't read any of this long thread but,

IMO the new forum engine has some improved functionality over the old.

But I find it visually very unattractive compared to the old site. The improved function surprised me as I found it very crude looking.  First few days I thought the site had broken and this was a quick kluge to get the things running.

Don't mean any disrespect.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

4 minutes ago, Sal1950 said:

Late coming comment I know and I haven't read any of this long thread but,

IMO the new forum engine has some improved functionality over the old.

But I find it visually very unattractive compared to the old site. The improved function surprised me as I found it very crude looking.  First few days I thought the site had broken and this was a quick kluge to get the things running.

Don't mean any disrespect.

No disrespect taken Sal. 

Hoping this to be either ignored as it isn't the goal of the new website or taken as constructive criticism. 

I haven't been on this site for weeks due to the new site, the app being cancelled and Tapatalk support not being available. 

I love the new site as it mirrors a lot of forums. My only issue is updates/notifications. I am getting emails about new posts but I don't want to check me emails then be referred to the website for each post. I may be doing something wrong but it isn't easy to navigate currently. 

I have said before that this site is very similar to stereonet now. 

Stereonets notification tab alerts you to when someone quotes/likes your post but also if there is a new post in that thread. I am not getting this in the new ca site and it is the only thing missing for me. 

I really miss this site as it is a great source of information and I really appreciate your reviews and posts. I think this site may be one of the most important to the future of this hobby/lifestyle/industry and I really want it to be the best it can be.. Today upon logging in again it feels like it isn't as vastly used as before but I could be wrong about this. Anyways I will try to add a few pics to show a little of how stereonet works. 

I personally would like Tapatalk support again but if that isn't good for your business that's understandable. 

Thank you

Dan

Screenshot_2017-03-27-08-14-46.png

Screenshot_2017-03-27-08-14-54.png

Screenshot_2017-05-05-00-12-18.png

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

@The Computer Audiophile

Hi Chris - can I make a couple of feature requests? Consider these first world problems, so it's your choice whether to take any action!

1. Add back the location field in the users profile, and import this info from the old site. I like to see where a user is located sometimes, and currently have no way of knowing.
  2. The controversial reputation score. How do people feel about exposing it in the user's profile, not under their handle on every post as initially implemented? Or do you not want to go there? Flawed as it was, I did like the feature. This way it could be hidden away discreetly, but still accessible.

Respectfully submitted.

2 minutes ago, austinpop said:
  • Add back the location field in the users profile, and import this info from the old site. I like to see where a user is located sometimes, and currently have no way of knowing.
  • The controversial reputation score. How do people feel about exposing it in the user's profile, not under their handle on every post as initially implemented? Or do you not want to go there? Flawed as it was, I did like the feature. This way it could be hidden away discreetly, but still accessible.

1) +1

2) +1

There is so little left now of any kind of member distinguishing info to help bring people into a community, that anything added (back) to the 'new' CA* is a help !

And just what are we supposed to call this 'new' version of CA ? 

Ver. 2, Ver. 4, Ver. 2017 ????