IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

On 2/6/2018 at 8:48 PM, mozes said:

After playing with the Bybee IQSE, I found that they work best by placing them parallel to the IEC inlet of any component. The best is with  a power distribution box as the effect is multiplied depending in how many components are plugged to the power distribution box. I also had a nice result by placing one inside my server adjacent to the sCLK board.

Overall, what you get is a boost in dynamics and better clarity due to a lower noise floor. These Bybees have a strong effect so two is an overkill on a component. I tried it and found that it restricts dynamics, the opposite effect of what you get with one. 

My recommmendation is to start with one and play around to find the best place for it. Finally, remember to keep the wooden face with the logo pointing to the component as the other side has a magnet which you need if you place it inside a component. 

On 2/6/2018 at 8:51 PM, mozes said:

Now I have no need for fuses anymore with Dave being a preamp/DAC/power amp. Pre Dave era, I tried SR black fuses with my tube amp. They were good but I found that the Hifi tunning supreme fuse is better.

How significant was the impact from the Bybee and HiFi Tuning fuse?  Do you struggle to hear a difference or does it jump out at you?  A week later do you still recognize the difference?

On 2/13/2018 at 11:24 PM, austinpop said:

I did hear back. Yes, he plans to offer a stand-alone signal distributor. That chassis will be the same size as OP14.

Beyond that no further details, but hopefully we will learn more in the next 2-3 months.

That's consistent with what I am hearing as well but no details yet...very eager to hear what this is all about!

Legacy Audio CaliberXD custom, dual Legacy Foundation Subs with Legacy Wavelet, Esoteric P-02, D-02, C-02, and A-02, Cybershaft Custom Premium Limited OP21 10 mHz Clock, SHUNYATA TRITON v3 & TYPHON QR, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 & EP2750, CH Copper Busbar Main & GE Sub-panel, 20-amp dedicated circuits, Dual 10’ Ground Rods, CADWELD bonding, Avatar Acoustics AfterBurner8 duplexes (5), Elrod MASTER SERIES Statement Gold Powercords (4), Elrod Statement Gold Powercords (2), Elrod Statement Silver Powercords (1), Elrod Statement Gold XLR (2 pair), Shunyata SIGMA AES/EBU 110ohm (2), Shunyata SIGMA CLOCK-50 (3), Shunyata SIGMA XLR, Shunyata Anaconda Zitron XLR, B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold custom speaker cables, Elrod MASTERS SERIES SG JUMPERS (4), Adona AV45CS4, AV45, Composite Audio CF-2010, HRS DPX Damping Plates (11), Stillpoints UltraSS w/Ultra Bases

Computer Audio/Rip Playback: Apple MacBook Pro 15” 2019, 6-core i9, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD (Music Library, Playback S/W & O/S here), Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, etc….

1 minute ago, zephyr24069 said:

That's consistent with what I am hearing as well but no details yet...very eager to hear what this is all about!

Legacy Audio CaliberXD custom, dual Legacy Foundation Subs with Legacy Wavelet, Esoteric P-02, D-02, C-02, and A-02, Cybershaft Custom Premium Limited OP21 10 mHz Clock, SHUNYATA TRITON v3 & TYPHON QR, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 & EP2750, CH Copper Busbar Main & GE Sub-panel, 20-amp dedicated circuits, Dual 10’ Ground Rods, CADWELD bonding, Avatar Acoustics AfterBurner8 duplexes (5), Elrod MASTER SERIES Statement Gold Powercords (4), Elrod Statement Gold Powercords (2), Elrod Statement Silver Powercords (1), Elrod Statement Gold XLR (2 pair), Shunyata SIGMA AES/EBU 110ohm (2), Shunyata SIGMA CLOCK-50 (3), Shunyata SIGMA XLR, Shunyata Anaconda Zitron XLR, B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold custom speaker cables, Elrod MASTERS SERIES SG JUMPERS (4), Adona AV45CS4, AV45, Composite Audio CF-2010, HRS DPX Damping Plates (11), Stillpoints UltraSS w/Ultra Bases

Computer Audio/Rip Playback: Apple MacBook Pro 15” 2019, 6-core i9, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD (Music Library, Playback S/W & O/S here), Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, etc….

4 hours ago, Johnseye said:

How significant was the impact from the Bybee and HiFi Tuning fuse?  Do you struggle to hear a difference or does it jump out at you?  A week later do you still recognize the difference?

Not subtle at all for both. For the HiFi fuse, I would go for the supreme fuse. I find the prices of SR blue and others like Beeswax etc. iver the top.

With the Bybee you need to experiment to find the best spot and you will immediately know once you find it. As I mentioned before, best to position it next to AC power  inlets and best next to a power distribution  box.

1 hour ago, mozes said:

Not subtle at all for both. For the HiFi fuse, I would go for the supreme fuse. I find the prices of SR blue and others like Beeswax etc. iver the top.

With the Bybee you need to experiment to find the best spot and you will immediately know once you find it. As I mentioned before, best to position it next to AC power  inlets and best next to a power distribution  box.

If you can find a .015 ohm wire wound (IIRC) resistor , try that instead of the Bybee, as that is what a DIY Audio moderator found it to basically be, with a protective coating.

See also :

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/225928-bybee-quantum-purifier-measurements-double-blind-test.html

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

16 hours ago, Johnseye said:

Why use the 12v molex if you power externally with 9v?  The 9v power to the tX-USBexp will power the sCLK.  If your 9v external power is from a cleaner source, and it's more direct not passing through the motherboard, why not just use it?

12V molex still has to be connected - read the manual.

When feed with external 9V, power from molex is automatically catted off.

Aqua Acoustics La Voce + Gato Audio AMP-150 + Open Baffle speakers

Audio PC LPS+Neutrino clock+SoTm USBexp + Win11 + Fidelizer Pro

8 hours ago, limniscate said:

I now have the sMS-200 Ultra, tX-USB Ultra, dX-USB Ultra, Mutec Ref10, Singxer SU-1 with LPS-1 mod, and Zenith Mk. II SE and am just waiting on some clock cables.

I'll report back after extensive testing.  Of course, I'm still waiting on my SR-7.

I am currently awaiting delivery of a sMS-200 Ultra, tX-USBUltra, sPS-500 & Mutec Ref10.  (Although I am running the Mutec MC3+USB)  I look forward to reading your observations, it should be interesting comparing notes.:)  Ironically, the only thing that has actually arrive so far are the clock cables I ordered.....

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

16 hours ago, RickyV said:

Honestly i think the neutron star is much better then the sCLK-ex but nobody knows for sure.

That's gotta be one of the most interesting comparisons since Neutron Star 2 would only cost € 342.71 (about $425 with free international shipping) without VAT.

We could get LT3045 for $23 shipped and that's pretty the best 15V DC PSU for the money

http://www.ldovr.com/product-p/lt3045-s.htm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LT3045-S-Ultralow-noise-0-8-Vrms-LDO-linear-regulator-0V-15V-500mA-Fixed-out-/253397942111

If Neutron Star 2 were indeed better than sCLK-EX, could we actually request 10MHz as an option and then sync that with sCLK-EX?

6 hours ago, rafa said:

12V molex still has to be connected - read the manual.

When feed with external 9V, power from molex is automatically catted off.

No it does not have to be connected.  I've read the manual.  Point out where it says it "has" to be connected.  I do not have it connected and I power it though an external source.

You missed what I posted earlier from May at SOtM.

"The tX-USBexp can take 12V internal power, but when you use external power to tX-USBexp, it can’t be 12V, it should be max.9V.

You can power to tX-USBexp externally(9V) and power to sCLK-EX via external 9V-> tX-USBexp-> sCLK-EX directly without SATA connection.

and If you use 12V IDE power to tX-USBexp, yes, you can use this power to sCLK-EX via the J403(tX-USBexp) to  sCLK-EX’s Power input connector(Check the page 2 on the manual), the sCLK-EX should set to accept 12V."

9 hours ago, sandyk said:

If you can find a .015 ohm wire wound (IIRC) resistor , try that instead of the Bybee, as that is what a DIY Audio moderator found it to basically be, with a protective coating.

See also :

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/225928-bybee-quantum-purifier-measurements-double-blind-test.html

Thanks Sandyk for the information. I was referring to the IQSE. I think this is the prurifier version, but very interesting to read!

9 hours ago, sandyk said:

See also :

That's for the quantum purifier, but I was looking at the iQSE.

2 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

No it does not have to be connected.  I've read the manual.  Point out where it says it "has" to be connected.  I do not have it connected and I power it though an external source.

You missed what I posted earlier from May at SOtM.

"The tX-USBexp can take 12V internal power, but when you use external power to tX-USBexp, it can’t be 12V, it should be max.9V.

You can power to tX-USBexp externally(9V) and power to sCLK-EX via external 9V-> tX-USBexp-> sCLK-EX directly without SATA connection.

and If you use 12V IDE power to tX-USBexp, yes, you can use this power to sCLK-EX via the J403(tX-USBexp) to  sCLK-EX’s Power input connector(Check the page 2 on the manual), the sCLK-EX should set to accept 12V."

The molex is not connected in my tX-USBexps. They only get power externally from LPS-1.

3 hours ago, seeteeyou said:

That's gotta be one of the most interesting comparisons since Neutron Star 2 would only cost € 342.71 (about $425 with free international shipping) without VAT.

We could get LT3045 for $23 shipped and that's pretty the best 15V DC PSU for the money

http://www.ldovr.com/product-p/lt3045-s.htm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LT3045-S-Ultralow-noise-0-8-Vrms-LDO-linear-regulator-0V-15V-500mA-Fixed-out-/253397942111

If Neutron Star 2 were indeed better than sCLK-EX, could we actually request 10MHz as an option and then sync that with sCLK-EX?

Could the Neitron Star 3 be installed into a NUC?

Looks like they're interested in bulk transfer mode in Japan, their gimmicky name turned out to be "Bulk Pure Enhanced Technology" or Bulk PET

https://www.itf.co.jp/prod/audio_solution/bulk-pet/bulk-pet-en

lLEDlsT.png

jkwz3BT.png

dsrewMN.png

iWYqdxW.png

Windows and OS X drivers for Teac NT-505 and UD-505 with Bulk PET enabled

https://teac.jp/downloads/products/teac/teac_asio_usb_driver/teac_asio_usb_driver_v1021_win.zip

https://teac.jp/downloads/products/teac/teac_asio_usb_driver/teac_asio_usb_driver_v100_mac.zip

NT-505 does have 10MHz reference clock (50Ω) input right off the bat. MQA decoding, TIDAL, Qobuz, OpenHome, and of course it's also Roon Ready once their firmware updates are good to go

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/teac-nt-505-roon-ready/33389