IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

8 hours ago, mindset said:

It is probably the former since I see this hard coded in bdpprog (the main player program) in the BDP-105 firmware:

/mnt/sda1/AutoScript/AutoScript.TSS

Awesome @mindset! That explains a lot!  Possibly even a few differences wrt case sensitivity between the Sony and Oppo players I noticed many moons ago. 

• 2 weeks later...

found an Oppo 103D so... there's a Pioneer BDP-170 available: just drop me a pm ;) 

(EU preferred due to unit's voltage and hassle-free shipping, sorry)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

On 4/8/2019 at 11:17 AM, stereo hifi said:

Rufus should work. Boot selection, nonbootable and select the .zip script files.

I assumed this would work, too.  But, although Rufus will clear out any existing partitions, it will create a new partition table when it formats the drive.  So the result will not be a partitionless "superfloppy".

49 minutes ago, kaelef said:

But, although Rufus will clear out any existing partitions, it will create a new partition table when it formats the drive.

You mean it will not create a new partiion table when it formats the drive so the result will be a partitionless superfloppy -- correct?

The problem is the lack of a partition table.

On 4/24/2019 at 5:18 PM, Phthalocyanine said:

You mean it will not create a new partiion table when it formats the drive so the result will be a partitionless superfloppy -- correct?

The problem is the lack of a partition table.

Sorry - I thought people were trying to find the easiest way to format a USB stick *without* a partition (aka "superfloppy").  Rufus *will* create a standard MBR partition after removing whatever's currently on the stick.

Just thought I'd report that I was successful in using my Sony BDP-S6200 using a combination of Phthalocyanine's document and mindset's notes on creating the custom sacd_extract_6200

firmware: M21.R.0156

uname: Linux sony-player 2.6.35 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 20 13:53:04 CST 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux

process:

1. Formatted USB stick with FAT32
  2. Created "/AutoScript" folder on stick
  3. Copied "AutoScript" and "sacd_extract_6200" files into /AutoScript folder

contents of "AutoScript" file:

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sda1/AutoScript/sacd_extract_6200 /)
CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract_6200 -S &)
CLI(CLI_drv.ir.rx.sq 0xaf000)

Sony 590 died on me :-(((. Bought it last year second hand and barely ripped 20 sacds with it. I didn't use it for several months and just acquired some discs... it shows no sign of life... completely dead. Checked main power supply and smd fuses which was ok but I'm missing some of the voltages on onboard regulators as they don't get enable signal which should come from main processor. I will check further... 

Hello all, I am not savvy enough on the subject to be of much use overall. But I just wanted to say if you are reading through all this and confused like I was , on how to accomplish your SACD backups, I would suggest the following.

1) Get a Sony machine from Amazon or somewhere, used or refurbished. I bought a refurbished S590 with a warranty for about $70 on Amazon.

2)Read through pages 176 and 177 for all the basic info needed to get up running and backing up in a short time using the awake server method. All my questions were answered there for the Sony's.

Not trying to over simplify, but it really is that easy. If you run into trouble you may need to ask a few questions, but there is great helpful people here. 

Also just wanted to thanks everybody here for being so helpful to those of us that need the help.

Thanks again.

NAD M33, SGC SonicTransporter I5 GEN 3, w/ 2GB SSD drive as the storage and ROON CORE, with SGC CD Ripper,  Fiber Optic converter system, ROON.  Revel Performa 3 F208 Speakers, ROON, Grover Huffman EX speaker cables, and Bass Jumpers,  WD EX2 Red Drive NAS, Netgear Nighthawk Router, all streaming hardwired Cat6/7, no WiFi. Sony Blu-Ray for SACD backup, PS Audio Dectec to a dedicated 20 amp circuit, Custom Speaker covers, PS Audio Power, Signal Power .

Having major trouble trying to get this working on the BDP-160

I can see the player on the network, IP is set to static and I can ping it no problem. Telnetting into it via Putty just returns an error saying "connection refused" (I've forwarded ports 23 and 2002 for this IP address)

Using ISO2DSD has similar issues - it says " Can't open 192.xxx.xxx.xxx:2002 for reading "

If I use the cmd prompt (root folder is C:\Windows\SACD) the prompt flickers and then just returns to the root folder waiting for the next command. Nothing seems to work

On the player - I've formatted several times and copied the Autoscript folder with the three files (Autoscript, Autoscript.TSS and sacd_extract_160) just to make sure I hadn't accidentally edited anything - drawer opens and I insert the SACD, but no matter what I do, I can't get the scripts to execute.

I'm probably doing something really basic wrong, but I can't figure it out.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Ah, let me try to help you out; I had very similar, or the same, issues recently when trying to get things working on my Sony bdp-170. I now have it working reliably, following these steps:

1. Have the PC (I have a Windows-7 PC) connected with an ethernet cable to the Sony.

2. Connect the Sony to the mains

3. Place the (properly prepared) USB stick in the front-USB of the Sony,

4. Switch on the Sony, wait for the disc drawer to open.

5. Place the SACD, push 'close'

6. Wait until the Sony is playing the disk ,

7. Push the 'STOP' button on the front of the Sony twice

8. On the PC, start ISO2DSD (iso2dsd_gui.exe)

9. select 'Server input', enter the IP address of the Sony, and click 'Execute'

10. enjoy watching the ripping process progressing as reported in the ISO2DSD window.

After the progress reaches 100% you can rip the next SACD:

Push the 'open' button, and go to point 5 above. Etc.

Probably there are many other ways to make it work, but the above is one way. I believe that especially step 7 is critically important. 

Happy ripping.

Jac

6 hours ago, doctorjuggles said:

I've forwarded ports 23 and 2002 for this IP address)

No idea what you mean by that. Is the player not on the same network as the computer you're testing this from?  If not, make sure that they are, just to eliminate possible sources of errors.

[...]

6 hours ago, doctorjuggles said:

On the player - I've formatted several times and copied the Autoscript folder with the three files (Autoscript, Autoscript.TSS and sacd_extract_160) just to make sure I hadn't accidentally edited anything - drawer opens and I insert the SACD, but no matter what I do, I can't get the scripts to execute.

If the drawer doesn't open, check the recent discussion about formatting  the USB stick with a partition table and *not* as a Superfloppy. You may try the image i've uploaded for the Oppo 103 and replace the scripts if you're uncertain, otherwise use the tools and procedures others have posted. Also, the Oppo briefly shows a message on its display that it's running the autoscripts, can someone confirm if the Sony players do the same?

3 hours ago, Barend said:

Ah, let me try to help you out; I had very similar, or the same, issues recently when trying to get things working on my Sony bdp-170. I now have it working reliably, following these steps:

1. Have the PC (I have a Windows-7 PC) connected with an ethernet cable to the Sony.

2. Connect the Sony to the mains

3. Place the (properly prepared) USB stick in the front-USB of the Sony,

4. Switch on the Sony, wait for the disc drawer to open.

6. Wait until the Sony is playing the disk ,

7. Push the 'STOP' button on the front of the Sony twice

9. select 'Server input', enter the IP address of the Sony, and click 'Execute'

10. enjoy watching the ripping process progressing as reported in the ISO2DSD window.

Push the 'open' button, and go to point 5 above. Etc.

Probably there are many other ways to make it work, but the above is one way. I believe that especially step 7 is critically important. 

Happy ripping.

Jac

Sony or Pioneer?

Pioneeer, not Sony, of course,

Sorry, I mistakenly wrote Sony in my response to doctorjuggles, should be like this:

15 hours ago, Barend said:

Ah, let me try to help you out; I had very similar, or the same, issues recently when trying to get things working on my Pioneer bdp-170. I now have it working reliably, following these steps:

1. Have the PC (I have a Windows-7 PC) connected with an ethernet cable to the bdp-170.

2. Connect the bdp-170 to the mains

3. Place the (properly prepared) USB stick in the front-USB of the bdp-170 ,

4. Switch on the, bdp-170 wait for the disc drawer to open.

6. Wait until the bdp-170 is playing the disk ,

7. Push the 'STOP' button on the front of the bdp-170 twice

9. select 'Server input', enter the IP address of the bdp-170, and click 'Execute'

Push the 'open' button, and go to step 5 above. Etc.

Hello All, 

I was hoping you could help with something.  

Like many I was happy to hear that we could now rip our SACD's and so I got my hands on an Oppo BDP103. I have downloaded all the necessary files but, run into an error, each and every time. 

I have spotted that others have struggled with the same problem, but after going through the thread I cannot seem to find if anybody has been able to solve this. I am running it on a Mac, and see that others have been successful.

My apologies, if it is mentioned but I just missed it.

Many Thanks, 

Rohan

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 20.26.46.png

23 minutes ago, RoDe said:

Hello All, 

I was hoping you could help with something.  

Like many I was happy to hear that we could now rip our SACD's and so I got my hands on an Oppo BDP103. I have downloaded all the necessary files but, run into an error, each and every time. 

I have spotted that others have struggled with the same problem, but after going through the thread I cannot seem to find if anybody has been able to solve this. I am running it on a Mac, and see that others have been successful.

My apologies, if it is mentioned but I just missed it.

Many Thanks, 

Rohan

Can you post a screenshot of what your USB flash drive AutoScript folder/file structure looks like?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

1 hour ago, RoDe said:

Your problem description is somewhat lacking. You don't write what exactly you have done and what exactly you observe, and how and when it differs from your expectation. Does you player open the drawer after you have powered it on with the USB stick inserted?

if not, try writing the image I've uploaded a few pages ago to your stick (using diskutil / Disk Utility / or, if you know what you're doing, dd), or the instructions posted by others to partition and format the stick "properly".

If that's not the problem, can you ping the player? Are your mac and the player in the same network or is there a firewall between them?

Your problem description is somewhat lacking. You don't write what exactly you have done and what exactly you observe, and how and when it differs from your expectation. Does you player open the drawer after you have powered it on with the USB stick inserted?

My apologies, for the lack in description, so I have followed the steps mentioned here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fsigs8b3m24ld56/AACV2LC2EHfEdiS41fQmlKPxa?dl=0. The tray does not open which was the first hint something was not going well.

if not, try writing the image I've uploaded a few pages ago to your stick (using diskutil / Disk Utility / or, if you know what you're doing, dd), or the instructions posted by others to partition and format the stick "properly".

Will try and find that one now and feedback if that helped or not.

No, I cannot ping the device f that's not the problem, can you ping the player? Are your mac and the player in the same network or is there a firewall between them? as it comes back with an error saying:

[RUNNING][ping, -c, 3, -W, 1, 192.168.1.15]

PING 192.168.1.15 (192.168.1.15): 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

--- 192.168.1.15 ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

[DONE]

[FAILURE] Port 2002 of 192.168.1.15 is inaccessible.

9 minutes ago, RoDe said:

My apologies, for the lack in description, so I have followed the steps mentioned here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fsigs8b3m24ld56/AACV2LC2EHfEdiS41fQmlKPxa?dl=0. The tray does not open which was the first hint something was not going well.

Will try and find that one now and feedback if that helped or not.

Before you do that, you could inspect your current stick with diskutil and check if it has any partitions - if not, that's your problem. Well, at least it's one of them, and should be easily fixable.

9 minutes ago, RoDe said:

No, I cannot ping the device f that's not the problem, can you ping the player? Are your mac and the player in the same network or is there a firewall between them? as it comes back with an error saying:

[RUNNING][ping, -c, 3, -W, 1, 192.168.1.15]

PING 192.168.1.15 (192.168.1.15): 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

--- 192.168.1.15 ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

[DONE]

[FAILURE] Port 2002 of 192.168.1.15 is inaccessible.

Then check the network configuration of your Mac and the Oppo, they should both be in the same subnet, i.e. their network addresses should only differ at the last number (15 in your log above). Try connecting both to  the same wired network, if they aren't already. The USB stick makes no difference concerning the network configuration and whether you should be able to ping the player, so you can fix this independent of the correct partitioning / formatting of the stick