IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

I am a bit late to this party, but yesterday I tried ripping an SACD with the Sonore software using both an Oppo BDP-103D and and Oppo BDP-105 without success.  At first the drawer wouldn't open, but I used a different USB stick which solved that problem.  However, it seems my Windows 10 PC is just not communicating with the player as I am getting the exact same message RoDe highlighted above regarding Failed to Connect.  Can't Open 192.XXX.XX.XXX.  I am have set both my players to a fixed IP address and verified their address both with my router software GUI and the Oppo media player GUI.  The one thing I am not certain of is if a port number is necessary?  I have just been using the default "0" port setting as the above router and Oppo media player softwares do not indicate any port #.  I tried for about three hours and always got the same Failure to Connect, etc. message.  I would really appreciate any help with this.

7 minutes ago, Jeff Miller said:

Redbeemer, I had the same problem as you. I however had port 2002 engaged and it still would not rip. I am using a 32G thumb drive. Someone said it has to be a 2 or 4G thumb drive to work. I am perplexed and need help please.

I used two 4Gb USB drives, but the first one never caused the drawer to eject from the player.  It is a generic brand drive.  So I grabbed an old Sandisk USB drive and copied the files onto it and when I inserted it into the player, the drawer opened.  Does the drawer open when you insert your USB stick?  Also, how is the drive formatted?  I think it may need to be Fat32 for the Oppo to read it.

16 minutes ago, Jeff Miller said:

The drawer opens and nothing happens when I close it.

That's the expected behavior.

16 minutes ago, Jeff Miller said:

Everything was done correctly like you did.

That's questionable, since it's not working for you. None of the various instructions are 100% complete or perfect however, so ...

Anyway, you don't even mention which player you're using, which instructions you were following, where you got the autoscripts etc. from, which network interface you're using on your player, how that is configured, which Operating System you're using for the ripping software, the network configuration of the computer you're using, and whether or not you can ping your blu ray player (from that or any other computer). Without all that information, it'll be difficult to help you.

30 minutes ago, Jeff Miller said:

The drawer opens and nothing happens when I close it. Everything was done correctly like you did. I’m using 32g usb drive.

Nothing should happen when the drawer closes, except the player should recognize that it is an SACD.  Once that happens, then you start the Sonore software and once it has fully opened and you have set your IP address and stereo/multi-channel preference, you click on the button to begin the rip.  After about ten seconds, you should begin to see information from the disk on the window in the lower portion of the Sonore software and then it will start showing that it is ripping the first track and the % of completion of both the track rip and the total SACD rip.  It will tell you when it is finished with the entire process and you quite the Sonore software and take out the SACD and insert another if you want to rip another.  You then start the Sonore software again.

1 hour ago, Jeff Miller said:

I’m using an oppo 105 and yes I get the pinging and then the error. No ripping 

Is it safe to say you have an enclosing folder called AutoScript at the root level of the flash drive, and that enclosing folder contains the 3 items in the download?

1349789455_ScreenShot2019-05-11at10_36_46PM.jpg.12702c8ce346ec2b870694ef5f4be045.jpg

If your computer discards the enclosing folder on download, then just create a new one and place the contents into it.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

17 hours ago, Jeff Miller said:

I’m using an oppo 105 and yes I get the pinging and then the error. No ripping 

Although all of my rips yesterday were using an Oppo BDP-103D, I also own a BDP-105; so thinking that perhaps something might be different with the 105 compared to ripping with the 103D, I just now used the same USB stick with the same files inserted into my 105 and using the same port (2002) entered into the Sonore software (along with its IP address), I am now ripping Dark Side of the Moon SACD using my Oppo BDP-105.  So we know that the exact same procedure, including the port number work on both Oppo players.  If you have not already done so, I suggest you get a clean 4 Gb USB stick and try that, making sure you have the correct files in it. 

Good luck!

51 minutes ago, Jeff Miller said:

That is exactly what I'm going to do. My nephew has an old 4G USB Stick hanging around that I will get tomorrow. Best buy does not sell anything this small. I don't think you can buy these anymore.

And the question I posed above?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

On 5/13/2019 at 9:09 AM, MeiSh5am said:

The size of the stick has nothing to do with it. It's all about the partitions and the file system.....

Agreed.

And for anybody who knows about these things. If there were changes made to the software/scripts, could it be possible to save an entire SACD back-up as an .iso file directly to an 8GB+ USB stick? ie: without having to network the player to a computer ;)

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 

My Network Layout and A/V Gear
4 hours ago, SeeMoreDigital said:

And for anybody who knows about these things. If there were changes made to the software/scripts, could it be possible to save an entire SACD back-up as an .iso file directly to an 8GB+ USB stick? ie: without having to network the player to a computer ;)

Yes it is already a reality, using the appropriate AutoRip script for your Blu-ray player.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook